The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
BlazingEtem

2018-2019 Injury Thread

NEWS: @AnaheimDucks have assigned forward Max Comtois to San Diego on a long-term injury conditioning loan.

https://www.prohockeyrumors.com/2018/11/minor-transactions-111018.html

• The Anaheim Ducks announced they have assigned forward Max Comtois to the San Diego Gulls of the AHL on a long-term conditioning loan. Comtois was placed on injured reserve on Oct. 27 after sustaining a lower-body injury and has already missed eight games with the injury. He will likely stick there for up to six days or up to three games. The impending return of the 19-year-old would be good news for Anaheim, who has struggled scoring goals. The second-rounder from 2017 put up an impressive two goals and seven points in 10 games this season.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, DuckFan4Life said:

NEWS: @AnaheimDucks have assigned forward Max Comtois to San Diego on a long-term injury conditioning loan.

https://www.prohockeyrumors.com/2018/11/minor-transactions-111018.html

• The Anaheim Ducks announced they have assigned forward Max Comtois to the San Diego Gulls of the AHL on a long-term conditioning loan. Comtois was placed on injured reserve on Oct. 27 after sustaining a lower-body injury and has already missed eight games with the injury. He will likely stick there for up to six days or up to three games. The impending return of the 19-year-old would be good news for Anaheim, who has struggled scoring goals. The second-rounder from 2017 put up an impressive two goals and seven points in 10 games this season.

MAX COMTOIS! Welcome to the squad! @comtois20 gets his first as a Gull on the power play, from Steel and Blandisi! 1-0 two minutes in. #LetsGoGulls
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, DuckFan4Life said:

MAX COMTOIS! Welcome to the squad! @comtois20 gets his first as a Gull on the power play, from Steel and Blandisi! 1-0 two minutes in. #LetsGoGulls

That was fast. This kid is legit. Too bad the team under RC will not be the greatest  place to grow

54 minutes ago, Shadowduck said:

Any word on Fowler and his face? Besides the obvious injury I hope he wasn't concussed as well.

No word yet. Looking at it in slow motion, it looked like his nose was bleeding.

Broken nose he will just have to wear a full face shield for a few weeks.Fractured cheek or orbital bone of the eye would be different.I wonder if his black eye or eyes will look any worse than Kesler's puck to the face was.

Eaves missing again with an upper body hopefully not his injured shoulder that would be very unfortunate.Another extended absence he doesn't need.

Edited by mulcher

12 minutes ago, mulcher said:

Broken nose he will just have to wear a full face shield for a few weeks.Fractured cheek or orbital bone of the eye would be different.I wonder if his black eye or eyes will look any worse than Kesler's puck to the face was.

Eaves missing again with an upper body hopefully not his injured shoulder that would be very unfortunate.Another extended absence he doesn't need.

That's not good...Ducks don't need another absence but then again Injury Bug is too famliar with our team.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

7 minutes ago, mulcher said:

Keep the Knights guessing.

Make them wonder....a art of waresque strategy.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

32 minutes ago, Pazonator said:

Fowler and EAves put on IR 

Injured Reserved...so what does that officially mean? As opposed to NOT being on that? Or on LTIR? Is LTIR different?

55 minutes ago, Pazonator said:

Fowler and EAves put on IR 

I haven't seen this announced anywhere? Most sites say day to day.

32 minutes ago, Jasoaks said:

Injured Reserved...so what does that officially mean? As opposed to NOT being on that? Or on LTIR? Is LTIR different?

Limited research so chime in if I'm wrong.

IR-Injured Reserve (minimum of 7 days)

LTIR - Long Term Injured Reserve (expected to miss at least 10 games/24 days)

10 minutes ago, nieder said:

I haven't seen this announced anywhere? Most sites say day to day.

On the Ducks' roster.

Edited by DuckFan4Life
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, DuckFan4Life said:

Limited research so chime in if I'm wrong.

IR-Injured Reserve (minimum of 7 days)

LTIR - Long Term Injured Reserve (expected to miss at least 10 games/24 days)

On the Ducks' roster.

Got it, thanks! So IR is better than LTIR...but obviously not as good as...like...not being injured lol

Cam Fowler is continuing to be evaluated by doctors, per RC. No specifics on where he was struck but imagine his right cheekbone is part of all that's being looked at. As of now, not looking good on him going to Vegas.

37 minutes ago, DuckFan4Life said:

On the Ducks' roster.

The Ducks Roster on the website puts a star next to any player that is on IR or day-to-day. It doesn't specify which. TSN which is usually the most accurate for these things has Fowler and Eaves both listed as day-to-day.

Edit: TSN has changed the status of Eaves to IR, Fowler still listed as day-to-day.

Edited by nieder

Both listed on IR on capfriendly.

From what I remember, it sort of looked like the puck hit Cam up under the visor, possibly as high up as forehead.  There was quite a bit of blood fairly quickly.  Enough that I initially though it might be a split forehead.  Broken nose is definitely possible... I think it hit him coming up from the bottom right, crossing in front of his face a bit from right to left.

The unfortunate add-on is that I bet he's going to be flinchy when he gets back.  He has a tendency to have extended periods of flinchyness after an injury.

Well, I hope it wasn't a face fracture.  A scar or nose alignment thing are not fun, but push throughable.  Teeth are gonna get lost one way or another.  

22 minutes ago, Fisix said:

From what I remember, it sort of looked like the puck hit Cam up under the visor, possibly as high up as forehead.  There was quite a bit of blood fairly quickly.  Enough that I initially though it might be a split forehead.  Broken nose is definitely possible... I think it hit him coming up from the bottom right, crossing in front of his face a bit from right to left.

The unfortunate add-on is that I bet he's going to be flinchy when he gets back.  He has a tendency to have extended periods of flinchyness after an injury.

Well, I hope it wasn't a face fracture.  A scar or nose alignment thing are not fun, but push throughable.  Teeth are gonna get lost one way or another.  

From what I saw on the replay, he was hit on the left side of his face. After he had his head down a few seconds, there was blood dripping that appeared to be coming from his nose. However, now I'm thinking that because I could only see the right side of his face and his head being down, maybe the blood was from his cheek and running down the side of his nose. I guess we'll know more when they want us to.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Fisix said:

Cam isn't listed as being on IR on Capfriendly.

Still holding out hope that it's nothing serious.

1 hour ago, DuckFan4Life said:

From what I saw on the replay, he was hit on the left side of his face. After he had his head down a few seconds, there was blood dripping that appeared to be coming from his nose. However, now I'm thinking that because I could only see the right side of his face and his head being down, maybe the blood was from his cheek and running down the side of his nose. I guess we'll know more when they want us to.

You're right - we got a clear look at the right side of his face when he came up off the ice before the towel went on.  I need to see the replay again.

12 hours ago, nieder said:

The Ducks Roster on the website puts a star next to any player that is on IR or day-to-day. It doesn't specify which. TSN which is usually the most accurate for these things has Fowler and Eaves both listed as day-to-day.

Edit: TSN has changed the status of Eaves to IR, Fowler still listed as day-to-day.

I really like the beard. Solid scorer and not afraid to go into the dirty areas. He seems to be a very likeable guy but how long can he go on like this? Sometimes the body just says no.

5 hours ago, DucksFan_08 said:

I really like the beard. Solid scorer and not afraid to go into the dirty areas. He seems to be a very likeable guy but how long can he go on like this? Sometimes the body just says no.

True sometimes when the Body gives out but the Mind is strong it's hard once the Player understand he cannot go on playing. But imho Eaves is determine to finish this season.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

5 hours ago, DucksFan_08 said:

I feel really bad for him. Some guys just seem to have rotten luck when it comes to injuries. 

1 hour ago, nieder said:

I feel really bad for him. Some guys just seem to have rotten luck when it comes to injuries. 

Thing is.. wasnt he historically injury prone before Bob signed him to that contract. He can’t be competly surprised. 

Looks like Cam Fowler (face) and Patrick Eaves (upper body) have been put on injured reserve. No further update yet on extent of Fowler's injury. He'll miss at least three games. Earliest Eaves could possibly return in Sunday vs. COL.