The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
BlazingEtem

2018-2019 Injury Thread

3 hours ago, perry_mvp said:

The unofficial offer from the Ducks meets what the Leafs unofficial request might be. The Leafs aren't going to sign Nylander for $7M and if you want to compare Rakell's production to Nylanders then Rakell is doing it for much less $$$. Nylander reportedly wants in the $8M range which is crazy.

Last I heard, Nylander was in Sweden.

This deal makes more sense for the Leafs adding Silferberg to Montour and Ritchie.

https://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/1631319/what-could-a-nylander-trade-look-like-3-logical-deals-for-the-unsigned-swede

He has to go somewhere Nylander's dad was notorious for going for max money during his career. Nylander's agent allso wanted Gaudreau to hold out in Calgary as well but Gaudreau refused and signed with Calgary anyway.

Leafs will have a tough time fitting Matthews and Marner in if they cave to Nylander now .Nylander is the most disposable of the 3.

Edited by mulcher

40 minutes ago, mulcher said:

This deal makes more sense for the Leafs adding Silferberg to Montour and Ritchie.

https://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/1631319/what-could-a-nylander-trade-look-like-3-logical-deals-for-the-unsigned-swede

He has to go somewhere Nylander's dad was notorious for going for max money during his career. Nylander's agent allso wanted Gaudreau to hold out in Calgary as well but Gaudreau refused and signed with Calgary anyway.

Leafs will have a tough time fitting Matthews and Marner in if they cave to Nylander now .Nylander is the most disposable of the 3.

it would certainly be interesting...but...hm...I wonder if we could get Gardiner back...would anyone want that? If we threw in a prospect or something more? But I'm guessing BM wouldn't want to spend much to get someone that could essentially be a rental...i dunno.

14 minutes ago, DuckFan4Life said:
Elliott Teaford @ElliottTeaford
#NHLDucks don’t plan to announce recovery time for Cam Fowler until Sunday. Surgery today, medical staff determination of results Saturday and timeline for recovery announcement Sunday.

With Fowler out I would not trade Montour. Besides we all know another expansion draft is coming. The Ducks already lost Theadore in the last one. And why would the Ducks trade so many assets for a guy who is unsigned?  The Ducks are not going to pay him 8 Mil. The Ducks would be giving away too much for a rental.

• Like 1

thanks yeaitsme!

the weird thing with fowler's injury is that he just sort of looked lost on the ice, and I didn't see any blood coming from his right side.  he looked scared, wide eyed.

i guess he must have been bleeding from the mouth, and when he looked up, it pooled in his mouth.  ug.

on nylander... i think that ship has sailed.  we might have parted with items they would want for him prior to cam's injury, but not now.  and, the more you guys talk about how much he'll cost... that and the way he's held out makes me think BM will have soured on him by now.

that said, cam will be on LTIR shortly, so we'll have cap space up the wazoo for rentals.

27 minutes ago, Jasoaks said:

it would certainly be interesting...but...hm...I wonder if we could get Gardiner back...would anyone want that? If we threw in a prospect or something more? But I'm guessing BM wouldn't want to spend much to get someone that could essentially be a rental...i dunno.

Shouldn't this be in "Rumors and Speculations"? :ph34r:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fisix said:

thanks yeaitsme!

the weird thing with fowler's injury is that he just sort of looked lost on the ice, and I didn't see any blood coming from his right side.  he looked scared, wide eyed.

i guess he must have been bleeding from the mouth, and when he looked up, it pooled in his mouth.  ug.

on nylander... i think that ship has sailed.  we might have parted with items they would want for him prior to cam's injury, but not now.  and, the more you guys talk about how much he'll cost... that and the way he's held out makes me think BM will have soured on him by now.

that said, cam will be on LTIR shortly, so we'll have cap space up the wazoo for rentals.

Are you going with Nilltes format?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mulcher said:

Nylander has had 2 good seasons in Toronto under Babcock. Will that translate to productive seasons under ???(Carlyle) or insert name of coach here?. Who knows? Silf, Monty and Ritchie just for Nylander? They need to add a pick or a minor league player into the pot. Plus this deal makes less sense the closer Dec 1st gets. Also, unless it's totally guaranteed to Nylander will sign with us, it's just a crap shoot.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mulcher said:

What's nice about that article is that it presents some other opportunities for the Ducks to trade for other players/teams.  Interesting.  

• Like 1

Nylander would have to ask for 9.5M to play for the Ducks - what with the outrageous CA TAXES. Going up with Gruesome Newsome as Governor :wacko::ph34r:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dukitup said:

So now Lindholm on IR (per CapFriendly). Anybody know why?

If I recall he took a really bad hit towards the beginning of the last game. I imagine something was injured but it wasn't obvious right away. {All speculation)

On 11/16/2018 at 4:59 PM, DUCKSDOC said:

Nylander would have to ask for 9.5M to play for the Ducks - what with the outrageous CA TAXES. Going up with Gruesome Newsome as Governor :wacko::ph34r:

If Nylander is ever a thing for us Southern California folk; I'd be okay, not happy, but okay with his stupid asking for Draisaitl money.  Anything more and I have a certain finger for the guy. :P

Edited by poum
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, poum said:

If Nylander is ever a thing for us Southern California folk; I'd be okay, not happy, but okay with his stupid asking for Draisaitl money.  Anything more and I have a certain finger for the guy. :P

Two 61 point seasons shouldn't equal an $8+M contract. That's beyond ridiculous. Draisaitl's contract is ridiculous also but that's Edmonton.

• Like 1

Nylander is a good young kid, yep back to back 61 point seasons but you won't find him going into the dirty areas in front of the net or in the corners.

17 minutes ago, mulcher said:

Nylander is a good young kid, yep back to back 61 point seasons but you won't find him going into the dirty areas in front of the net or in the corners.

He is a perimet player. He scores goals at the same rate as his fellow Swede, Silfverberg (roughly 20 a year).  Though he does add the assists, alot of them. But he sucks at the defensive side. And at times he looks like he doesn't care. I'm not keen on the Silfverberg for Nylander rumors. If it's Montour + Ritchie, holy crap I do that in a heart beat.

Edited by poum

Here's the update on Cam Fowler: he had surgery Friday on the fractures to his orbital bone, cheekbone and upper jaw. It went well considering the complexity, but the #NHLDucks medical staff wants to wait a while longer before announcing a prognosis for his return to the lineup.

Can't wait for RC to get fired but even I start feeling for him now that Lindholm is out. This is ridiculous!

How any team can have so many injuries (two seasons in a row) is beyond me.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Shadowduck said:

If I recall he took a really bad hit towards the beginning of the last game. I imagine something was injured but it wasn't obvious right away. {All speculation)

Listed as a lower body so it might be the slap shot he took that hit him on the inside just above the knee he went straight to the bench .Played on but it could be a bone bruise.

20 minutes ago, DuckFan4Life said:

Looks like Mahura will be with the Ducks for a while. Hoping this doesn't mean Lindholm will be out long term.

NEWS: Gulls recall defenseman Chris Forney from the @tulsa_oilers. #LetsGoGulls

Sad Injuries are taking Toll on the Ducks....Disapointing this is really wearing patience of many within Ducks Fandom to no end we are arguing amongst ourselves.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

8 hours ago, DucksFan_08 said:

Can't wait for RC to get fired but even I start feeling for him now that Lindholm is out. This is ridiculous!

How any team can have so many injuries (two seasons in a row) is beyond me.

This many injuries... I can chalk up CP's to age, but you could also chalk it up to the ownership being unwilling to force CP to go for the knee surgery a few years ago, instead of drawing out the pain and letting the knee get looser and looser...

The shots to the face... I don't know.  Unlucky, or bad protective training?

Eaves - we really did know what we were purchasing, but the weird flu thing sort of ramped that up to a new level.

Kase - we knew he was prone, but maybe some training to protect himself better?

Kessler - did we let his hips go on for too long?  Seems like CP, we knew there was an issue, but we let the player make the decision on when, maybe hoping to make a push for the cup in the window... but we didn't notice the window was 3/4 closed already.

Other injuries - seems like a mixture of bad luck and poor positioning, but I can't help but wonder if there's a significant lack of coaching to protect against the quicker pucks and play of the game today.  Like, is RC teaching them to put their legs in the way, not knowing that carbon sticks and skills have those pucks travelling faster than when he was on the ice?  Or, is the conditioning training in Anaheim substandard in terms of durability?

You kind have to start asking such questions when you're at ~130 man games lost and the season is only 1/4 done.  I couldn't find the total for last season. 

5 minutes ago, Fisix said:

This many injuries... I can chalk up CP's to age, but you could also chalk it up to the ownership being unwilling to force CP to go for the knee surgery a few years ago, instead of drawing out the pain and letting the knee get looser and looser...

The shots to the face... I don't know.  Unlucky, or bad protective training?

Eaves - we really did know what we were purchasing, but the weird flu thing sort of ramped that up to a new level.

Kessler - did we let his hips go on for too long?  Seems like CP, we knew there was an issue, but we let the player make the decision on when, maybe hoping to make a push for the cup in the window... but we didn't notice the window was 3/4 closed already.

Other injuries - seems like a mixture of bad luck and poor positioning, but I can't help but wonder if there's a significant lack of coaching to protect against the quicker pucks and play of the game today.  Like, is RC teaching them to put their legs in the way, not knowing that carbon sticks and skills have those pucks travelling faster than when he was on the ice?  Or, is the conditioning training in Anaheim substandard in terms of durability?

Fowler's facial injury was bad luck. I don't know what kind of training you can do to prevent it. He wears a visor so I think he took precautions.

I did't know Eaves has the flu in addition to his back spasms.

I will guess that Kesler was putting off surgery because he knew the recovery time would be very long.