Ducks9147

Top 6 forward immediately!!!

150 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, dtsdlaw said:

No movement means no movement. You can't trade him. You can't send him to the minors. And per the expansion rules, you can't let him be selected in an expansion draft. No trade clauses apply only to trades. You can still bury players in the minors if they have an NTC, and they are also eligible to be selected in the expansion draft. 

Ohhhh got it got it. That makes sense. So NMCs are definitely worth more to a player than NTC. thanks!

Edited by Jasoaks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, dtsdlaw said:

Not true. It was only NMCs. James Neal had a modified NTC almost identical to Manson's and he ended up a Golden Knight. Same with David Perron.

Vermette was also not required to be protected. The Ducks could have exposed him if they wanted to. But it really didn't matter who the Ducks exposed because they already had the deal in place for Vegas to choose Stoner in exchange for also getting Theo.

Thanks for the correction. I must have read something different back then that said NTC's had to be covered.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, perry_mvp said:

Thanks for the correction. I must have read something different back then that said NTC's had to be covered.

I just remember laughing at Dustin Brown being exposed despite his NTC and that terrible contract, so it sticks in my mind. :lol:

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Manson's (now that I see it) is modified also... so might it be modified to specifically allow for expansion draft?  a smart GM would put that in any recent contract.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, dtsdlaw said:

I just remember laughing at Dustin Brown being exposed despite his NTC and that terrible contract, so it sticks in my mind. :lol:

I remember Bobby Ryan daring the Knights to pick him. I bet he wishes they did.:D

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/13/2018 at 10:02 AM, gorbachav5 said:

I would do that in a second.  It will obviously take more, but I would do Montour + young forward (Steel, Terry, Jones, Comtois) for Nylander.

No on Steel (lack of depth in the position)

Yes on everyone else. Even with the injury problems on defense, I would still pull the trigger.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BlazingEtem said:

No on Steel (lack of depth in the position)

Yes on everyone else. Even with the injury problems on defense, I would still pull the trigger.

Honestly with the current coaching and our crazy injury numbers I feel this season is a write-off. To get a player like Nylander I would pull the trigger too. Who cares how many injuries we have on the blueline right now, the weaker it is the closer we get to the #1 overall draft pick. This move would be for the future. We get a kid that has scored 61 points in 2 straight seasons and he's only 22 years old, still years away from his prime.

Edited by nieder

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, nieder said:

Honestly with the current coaching and our crazy injury numbers I feel this season is a write-off. To get a player like Nylander I would pull the trigger too. Who cares how many injuries we have on the blueline right now, the weaker it is the closer we get to the #1 overall draft pick. This move would be for the future. We get a kid that has scored 61 points in 2 straight seasons and he's only 22 years old, still years away from his prime.

Agreed. Better to use this season that includes RC and injuries galor to write off instead of prolonging being a mediocre team longer than it needs to be. We can continue believing we are top tier and either finish mid rank or get eliminated early each time or we can shorten the inevitable rebuild by getting the Getz replacement this draft (pending there is one available) and by the time Getz is close to really slowing down or retiring we have said elite draftee taking the top line position. 

And yes getting Nylander with D pieces I would do in a heartbeat. He’s a natural center (I think too) so he is someone who we need to begin replacing Getz and Kessler. We would still have good young D along with 2 good young centers (Steel and Nylander) 

 

Edited by RobD360

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, RobD360 said:

Agreed. Better to use this season that includes RC and injuries galor to write off instead of prolonging being a mediocre team longer than it needs to be. We can continue believing we are top tier and either finish mid rank or get eliminated early each time or we can shorten the inevitable rebuild by getting the Getz replacement this draft (pending there is one available) and by the time Getz is close to really slowing down or retiring we have said elite draftee taking the top line position. 

And yes getting Nylander with D pieces I would do in a heartbeat. He’s a natural center (I think too) so he is someone who we need to begin replacing Getz and Kessler. We would still have good young D along with 2 good young centers (Steel and Nylander) 

 

Jack Hughes.

Probably a pipe dream but if this team continues to stink they'll be in with a shot.

The worst thing that could happen would be the Kings winning the first overall pick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/21/2018 at 6:00 PM, nieder said:

Jack Hughes.

Probably a pipe dream but if this team continues to stink they'll be in with a shot.

The worst thing that could happen would be the Kings winning the first overall pick.

The Pacific Division sucks. The Ducks will end up a playoff bubble team, one way or the other. Doesn't really matter what side of the bubble they end up on. It's a mid 1st pick.

The Pacific is really screwing us right now, in terms of draft placement.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/21/2018 at 1:45 PM, Jasoaks said:

Ohhhh got it got it. That makes sense. So NMCs are definitely worth more to a player than NTC. thanks!

NMC is a golden ticket for a player. The team can literally do nothing about the player. They can press box the guy but other than that, he's a roster player.

However there are things like "modified NMCs". Actually not sure a modified MNC is a thing. Modified NTCs are and Kesler has one in his last year of his contract. It changes from NMC to M-NTC, in which he submits an "8 team no trade list".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, poum said:

NMC is a golden ticket for a player. The team can literally do nothing about the player. They can press box the guy but other than that, he's a roster player.

However there are things like "modified NMCs". Actually not sure a modified MNC is a thing. Modified NTCs are and Kesler has one in his last year of his contract. It changes from NMC to M-NTC, in which he submits an "8 team no trade list".

ohhhh so if you have a modified NTC...you don't have to officially "waive" anything...you'd just have to submit a team list if requested.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Jasoaks said:

ohhhh so if you have a modified NTC...you don't have to officially "waive" anything...you'd just have to submit a team list if requested.

It all comes down to how the contract was structered. In Keslers case, it's an 8 team no go. Some players might have a higher "not happening" list. Or some other stipulation under the "modified". But yes, in the last year of Keslers contract he could be traded to a potential 22 teams without his explicit agreement. Just so long as one of those teams aren't under his "nuh uh" list.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, poum said:

It all comes down to how the contract was structered. In Keslers case, it's an 8 team no go. Some players might have a higher "not happening" list. Or some other stipulation under the "modified". But yes, in the last year of Keslers contract he could be traded to a potential 22 teams without his explicit agreement. Just so long as one of those teams aren't under his "nuh uh" list.

got it got it...speaking of Kesler and pretty much off topic...just saw Molly's Game last night and he's in the movie!

At the beginning the main character is waxing philosophical about the question "what is the worst thing to happen in sports?" and one of the things she mentions is "losing game 7" and there's some quick cuts of vancouver losing to boston in 2011...and a close-up of Kesler after the game was over is included in that.

 

Edited by Jasoaks
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Jasoaks said:

got it got it...speaking of Kesler and pretty much off topic...just saw Molly's Game last night and he's in the movie!

At the beginning the main character is waxing philosophical about the question "what is the worst thing to happen in sports?" and one of the things she mentions is "losing game 7" and there's some quick cuts of vancouver losing to boston in 2011...and a close-up of Kesler after the game was over is included in that.

 

One of the first lines in that trailer was "losing in four." Something Kesler is also familiar with now.

F-those Chum guzzling sharks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, poum said:

One of the first lines in that trailer was "losing in four." Something Kesler is also familiar with now.

F-those Chum guzzling sharks.

Yeah...I uh...didn't want to mention that part... :P

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Apparently the Leafs GM has reached out to interested GMs and asked specifically what they would give up for Nylander. If Bob is offering Montour/Ritchie or something like that that involves Montour...the Leafs really should take it. They add Montour into that line up they are the team to beat. Adding Nylander into that line up doesn't really solve their issues. Like EK going to San Jose...sure it makes them "better" but it's not really what kept them from a cup. It's not the missing piece.

But IF we were to trade for Nylander...wouldn't that then mean WE'D have to sign him, like, immediately, so he doesn't sit for the rest of the year? Or is there some time there? And what if he doesn't want to sign with us? I assume we wouldn't be making a trade without talking to Nylander about whether or not he'd sign.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jasoaks said:

Apparently the Leafs GM has reached out to interested GMs and asked specifically what they would give up for Nylander. If Bob is offering Montour/Ritchie or something like that that involves Montour...the Leafs really should take it. They add Montour into that line up they are the team to beat. Adding Nylander into that line up doesn't really solve their issues. Like EK going to San Jose...sure it makes them "better" but it's not really what kept them from a cup. It's not the missing piece.

But IF we were to trade for Nylander...wouldn't that then mean WE'D have to sign him, like, immediately, so he doesn't sit for the rest of the year? Or is there some time there? And what if he doesn't want to sign with us? I assume we wouldn't be making a trade without talking to Nylander about whether or not he'd sign.

He has to be under contract by tomorrow so if someone trades for him then they have to sign him by then. I think that the Ducks are out of the running solely due to the long term cap implications of signing Nylander. Kesler, Perry, Henrique and Eaves kind of made to where they don’t have the flexibility to make a deal. You’d have to move montour or Manson + silfverberg just to be seemingly be cap compliant when Perry comes back.

Edited by BombaysTripleDeke
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

He has to be under contract by tomorrow so if someone trades for him then they have to sign him by then. I think that the Ducks are out of the running solely due to the long term cap implications of signing Nylander. Kesler, Perry, Henrique and Eaves kind of made to where they don’t have the flexibility to make a deal. You’d have to move montour or Manson + silfverberg just to be seemingly be cap compliant when Perry comes back.

Yeah I mean, I think that would be the idea to get Nylander. But having to have him signed by 5pm ET tomorrow...I mean, that's probably not happening with us...I don't know how fast contracts can get made up and negotiated but I would think it takes longer than 24 hours lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

He has to be under contract by tomorrow so if someone trades for him then they have to sign him by then. I think that the Ducks are out of the running solely due to the long term cap implications of signing Nylander. Kesler, Perry, Henrique and Eaves kind of made to where they don’t have the flexibility to make a deal. You’d have to move montour or Manson + silfverberg just to be seemingly be cap compliant when Perry comes back.

If the Ducks would have been able to trade for him a couple of weeks ago and sign him for $7M per year, the estimated first year cap hit was $9.7M. That was from a Sportsnet video posted somewhere on this board. I imagine that first year cap hit has gone up by now. The Ducks would have been stretching things very thin back then so I seriously doubt Murray would wait till the last second now. Honestly, if the Ducks were going to trade for any of the Leafs forwards, Murray should go after Kapanen. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, perry_mvp said:

If the Ducks would have been able to trade for him a couple of weeks ago and sign him for $7M per year, the estimated first year cap hit was $9.7M. That was from a Sportsnet video posted somewhere on this board. I imagine that first year cap hit has gone up by now. The Ducks would have been stretching things very thin back then so I seriously doubt Murray would wait till the last second now. Honestly, if the Ducks were going to trade for any of the Leafs forwards, Murray should go after Kapanen. 

I think that the problem isn’t just for this season. The Ducks would have almost no cap room to work with it they got Nylander moving forward. They would have to ship out more money. To me, the Henrique extension was the nail in the coffin for the Ducks being able to make a huge acquisition. Too much money already locked up with older players. I don’t know if Murray or most GM’s anticipated the Nylander situation to get to this point but there’s nothing Murray can really do about it now. I like Kapanen but I’m not sure what I would give up for him. I wouldn’t move Montour for him at this point though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

I think that the problem isn’t just for this season. The Ducks would have almost no cap room to work with it they got Nylander moving forward. They would have to ship out more money. To me, the Henrique extension was the nail in the coffin for the Ducks being able to make a huge acquisition. Too much money already locked up with older players. I don’t know if Murray or most GM’s anticipated the Nylander situation to get to this point but there’s nothing Murray can really do about it now. I like Kapanen but I’m not sure what I would give up for him. I wouldn’t move Montour for him at this point though.

If the Ducks traded for Kapanen today, he would be tied with Getzlaf in points and come in with 10 goals, more than any other Duck. The Ducks need offense desperately since no one besides Getzlaf has been consistent all season. I agree that moving Monty at this point wouldn't be prudent but eventually if might have to happen. If the Leafs do sign Nylander by the Dec. 1st then I think that just makes Kapanen more expendable. Maybe Monty for Kapanen plus whatever else at the deadline.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, perry_mvp said:

If the Ducks traded for Kapanen today, he would be tied with Getzlaf in points and come in with 10 goals, more than any other Duck. The Ducks need offense desperately since no one besides Getzlaf has been consistent all season. I agree that moving Monty at this point wouldn't be prudent but eventually if might have to happen. If the Leafs do sign Nylander by the Dec. 1st then I think that just makes Kapanen more expendable. Maybe Monty for Kapanen plus whatever else at the deadline.

The Ducks need defense desperately also lol. The most concerning thing about them is how they have been so god awful defensively with an above average top-4 and the collection of two-way forwards that they have. It’s supposed to be their strength and they are getting reamed on almost a nightly basis and have been for a while. If the Ducks are making a move at the deadline then my guess it’s going to be to move silfverberg for some assets. There’s no way I’d want to see this current team in the playoffs and get embarrassed again like last year while also missing out on a chance for a high draft pick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Laine has 13 goals in his last 6 games. What game # do you think it will be when somebody on our team hits 13 goals?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, BlazingEtem said:

Laine has 13 goals in his last 6 games. What game # do you think it will be when somebody on our team hits 13 goals?

57

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, perry_mvp said:

If the Ducks would have been able to trade for him a couple of weeks ago and sign him for $7M per year, the estimated first year cap hit was $9.7M. That was from a Sportsnet video posted somewhere on this board. I imagine that first year cap hit has gone up by now. The Ducks would have been stretching things very thin back then so I seriously doubt Murray would wait till the last second now. Honestly, if the Ducks were going to trade for any of the Leafs forwards, Murray should go after Kapanen. 

 

13 hours ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

I think that the problem isn’t just for this season. The Ducks would have almost no cap room to work with it they got Nylander moving forward. They would have to ship out more money. To me, the Henrique extension was the nail in the coffin for the Ducks being able to make a huge acquisition. Too much money already locked up with older players. I don’t know if Murray or most GM’s anticipated the Nylander situation to get to this point but there’s nothing Murray can really do about it now. I like Kapanen but I’m not sure what I would give up for him. I wouldn’t move Montour for him at this point though.

Yeah...I kinda figured that as the days went on it became less and less likely we'd trade for Nylander. I don't see how any team makes the trade actually anymore. The Leafs would be best to sign him to what he wants and then trade him out during the off-season. Actually that might just put them in a crazy bind...GMs will know the Leafs have to get rid of him to extend Matthews/Marner...so they wont be offering up much.

8 hours ago, BlazingEtem said:

Laine has 13 goals in his last 6 games. What game # do you think it will be when somebody on our team hits 13 goals?

Yeah, but that's Laine...no one is producing at his rate right now. He's been just a monster. In fact, his 18 goals in the month of november is 3rd all-time...no one has done at least that since Bure...in the EARLY 90s...only Selanne and some guy name Joe Malone has more in a month...20. Ovechkin never has done 18 in a month. He's the 4th youngest to reach 100 goals...behind Gretzky and some guys named Bellows and Carson. To be fair, that's more 'cause of the lockout that Ovechkin isn't in that group. Ovechkin got to 100 goals in 12 less games.

But your point is taken. We still hardly have any goal scorers lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Hearing PIT/ANA working on something involving Daniel Sprong. Let’s see where it goes

 

#TradeCentre ALERT: @Penguins trade F Daniel Sprong to the @AnaheimDucks for D Marcus Pettersson (via @frank_seravalli) http://tsn.ca/1.1220160  #TSNHockey

Edited by DuckFan4Life
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/30/2018 at 10:14 PM, BlazingEtem said:

Laine has 13 goals in his last 6 games. What game # do you think it will be when somebody on our team hits 13 goals?

:lol:

I just realized Aberg #retire20 has 9 goals, I thought he still had six. Sooo... Maybe mid January we'll have a double digit goal scorer!

Edited by poum
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If this topics title was “”Top 12 Forward Immediately!!!””, then mission accomplished.

But in all seriousness, I really liked what I saw from Jerry Spronger in his first game. He’s fast and also a hustler. He looks hungry and also looks to be fitting in with Uncle Rico and Kase too. That could become a pretty slick line. Move down Kess and Cogs to the 4th and put Ritchie with Silf on the 3rd. Keep Aberg with his Swedish lineup countryman Rakel on top with GetzBeastMan centering (obviously) then bam! Not too shabby. Not too shabby indeed 

then enter RC, sees what he says about that.... nonsense I tell you! 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/6/2018 at 8:45 AM, RobD360 said:

If this topics title was “”Top 12 Forward Immediately!!!””, then mission accomplished.

But in all seriousness, I really liked what I saw from Jerry Spronger in his first game. He’s fast and also a hustler. He looks hungry and also looks to be fitting in with Uncle Rico and Kase too. That could become a pretty slick line. Move down Kess and Cogs to the 4th and put Ritchie with Silf on the 3rd. Keep Aberg with his Swedish lineup countryman Rakel on top with GetzBeastMan centering (obviously) then bam! Not too shabby. Not too shabby indeed 

then enter RC, sees what he says about that.... nonsense I tell you! 

RC would say "Again"...

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now