The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ducks9147

Top 6 forward immediately!!!

1 hour ago, gorbachav5 said:

The Ducks need possession of the puck to score.  Part of the issue is that their defensemen aren't getting pucks and moving them up to forwards.  Most of that is sytem-related (Carlyle's sucks) and some of it is on the forwards, but the d-men are supposed to contribute meaningfully to the offense.  

Don't get me wrong - the Ducks need an elite forward WAY more than they need another second pairing d-man.  But an upgrade over Pettersson or Larsson, at least for this season, would help the offense get moving.  Also, I'm assuming, as I've indicated in all of my posts, that in order to GET an elite forward, they'd have to trade one of their current d-men, which would leave them short.

Larsson has now played in 8 straight games since his call-up. He's either being showcased for a trade, or he's auditioning for a regular spot for when one of the top-4 gets traded. My guess is that he's the trade bait, but you never know with Bob since he gets so enamored with the young D-men he drafts. If he's the bait, are we looking at Silf + Larsson + draft pick for Nylander? IMO that's greater value than what Toronto would get as compensation if Nylander gets an offer sheet (still a possibility, I think), so maybe that gets it done. It also wouldn't leave us short on defense. Top-4 would stay intact and the 3rd pairing would go back to some combination of Pettersson, Welinski, Schenn and maybe another call-up (Sustr, Mahura, Megna, or maybe even Dotchin if he gets in shape). 

1 hour ago, perry_mvp said:

So Henrique for Vatanen? That's in the Murray playbook.

If the Ducks actually cared about shot suppression, this would be a great idea....

Devils Insiders @DevilsInsiders 19h19 hours ago

Sami Vatanen was matched up against Evgeni Malkin at 5-on-5 tonight for 10:46.

During that timeframe, the Penguins had 2 SOG.

Two.

3 minutes ago, dtsdlaw said:

If the Ducks actually cared about shot suppression, this would be a great idea....

Devils Insiders @DevilsInsiders 19h19 hours ago

Sami Vatanen was matched up against Evgeni Malkin at 5-on-5 tonight for 10:46.

During that timeframe, the Penguins had 2 SOG.

Two.

I know I was kind of joking about Henrique for Vatanen but I really wasn't. Bob dumps that horrible Henrique extension and gets Fowlers d-partner back.

1 hour ago, dtsdlaw said:

Larsson has now played in 8 straight games since his call-up. He's either being showcased for a trade, or he's auditioning for a regular spot for when one of the top-4 gets traded. My guess is that he's the trade bait, but you never know with Bob since he gets so enamored with the young D-men he drafts. If he's the bait, are we looking at Silf + Larsson + draft pick for Nylander? IMO that's greater value than what Toronto would get as compensation if Nylander gets an offer sheet (still a possibility, I think), so maybe that gets it done. It also wouldn't leave us short on defense. Top-4 would stay intact and the 3rd pairing would go back to some combination of Pettersson, Welinski, Schenn and maybe another call-up (Sustr, Mahura, Megna, or maybe even Dotchin if he gets in shape). 

I was just thinking about it...I doubt Toronto is interested in a forward that's about to become a UFA...doesn't mean they wouldn't make that trade, but Silfv being in his last year of his contract with no extension I feel just makes him less desirable for Dubas.

(Holy Dehydrated Donkey Dung, Dubas is 32?! Geez...I know about the Coyotes GM...but wow...32 for a franchise like the Leafs...)

22 minutes ago, gorbachav5 said:

It's true, although the Ducks have plenty of cap space because Perry's cap hit won't count while he's on LTIR.  The Ducks actually have $8.5 million in space.  And if they trade with the Leafs (unlikely), they'd be sending at least $4 million in salary back, whether that's Silf+ or Montour+.

If Nylander is traded and Bob had a chance to get him but failed, I would very much love to hear is explanation as to why he couldn't pull it off.

1 hour ago, perry_mvp said:

If Nylander is traded and Bob had a chance to get him but failed, I would very much love to hear is explanation as to why he couldn't pull it off.

I'm sure we will...just like how he could have had Karlsson but didn't...just like we could have Joel Q but wont...just like I didn't date that super popular girl in high school...I could have, easily have dated her, but, you know...with logistics, and who knows what would have happened after we graduated, and like...what do you even do when you date someone? So yeah, didn't ask...but she totally would have said yes. Totally.

2 hours ago, gorbachav5 said:

Actually, that might be fairly desirable for Dubas.  The problem is long-term salary, not current salary.  Silf would fit in nicely on the 2nd or 3rd line in Toronto for this season, and won't hinder them from getting Marner and Matthews signed in the offseason. 

If the Ducks are out of the running and they don't trade him earlier, Silf will fetch a decent asset at the trade deadline from a contending team.  He has a very good playoff track record.  I could see that being something Dubas would want for this season as long as he also got a long-term asset as well.

Yeah, I will admit I don't truly understand the ins and outs of those kinds of things lol but that makes sense, actually!

That Colton Parayko looks pretty cool if Bob is looking to grab another D...not sure St. Louis is in the market for some forwards...but...that sportsnet video certainly made him out to be great.

10 minutes ago, perry_mvp said:

So the big question is, if we do get Nylander, where do you put him in the line-up?

Getzlaf, Nylander, Kase lol ...i lol 'cause that seems like such a strange line

8 minutes ago, Jasoaks said:

Getzlaf, Nylander, Kase lol ...i lol 'cause that seems like such a strange line

Knowing our luck, he would play one game, get injured and be out for the rest of the season.

I’d put Nylander as 2nd line center with Rico as one of his wings since I was reading awhile ago from NJ fans that he is better as a winger. 

Don't know what is the purpose of this thread. BM is not going to do anything significant, as someone mentioned before "he has no cajones".

Besides, his budget it tight up with aging players who have huge contracts with NTC. He could have approach Kesler and ask him if

he is interested to waive his NTC for a potential trade to Stanley Cup contender, but he not going to do it either.

The only trade may happen is a swap of minor-league players or pick up some no-name player from the waivers.

P.S.: Talking about waivers, anybody knows what is the story with Jake Dotchin who was picked up from Tampa?

Is he ever going to put on Ducks uniform or he is just  another example of wasted money?

14 hours ago, Jasoaks said:

That Colton Parayko looks pretty cool if Bob is looking to grab another D...not sure St. Louis is in the market for some forwards...but...that sportsnet video certainly made him out to be great.

What's this Parayko talk? Are the blues making him available? If they do I'd love to have him. Saw him in the World Championships this year. He's a giant. But that trade seems even more unlikely than getting Nylander. At least we have the pieces to land Nylander.

3 hours ago, DucksFan_08 said:

What's this Parayko talk? Are the blues making him available? If they do I'd love to have him. Saw him in the World Championships this year. He's a giant. But that trade seems even more unlikely than getting Nylander. At least we have the pieces to land Nylander.

No, no...he was mentioned as a guy the leafs could possibly get with nylander by people on sportsnet...thats all. the video of him was very impressive!

All this Nylander talk is fun, but when can we start looking at a legitimate trade partner like the Florida Panthers? The Panthers are currently tied for dead last in the NHL and could probably use a roster shake up too. I'm not sure why they're sucking so bad, but they're sitting on Barkov-Trochek-Huberdeau-McCann as their center depth (with Borgstrom waiting for a chance in Springfield) and have had to move Huberdeau to the 2nd line LW because Barkov & Trocheck have their top-2 center spots locked up. Huberdeau was also a -6 the other night against Columbus, and you can't help but wonder if he could use a change of scenery? IMO, he'd slide into our lineup nicely as a #2C or as a top-6 LW. I'd also be interested in swapping one of our top D prospects for Borgstrom.

All this Nylander talk is fun, but when can we start looking at a legitimate trade partner like the Florida Panthers? The Panthers are currently tied for dead last in the NHL and could probably use a roster shake up too. I'm not sure why they're sucking so bad, but they're sitting on Barkov-Trochek-Huberdeau-McCann as their center depth (with Borgstrom waiting for a chance in Springfield) and have had to move Huberdeau to the 2nd line LW because Barkov & Trocheck have their top-2 center spots locked up. Huberdeau was also a -6 the other night against Columbus, and you can't help but wonder if he could use a change of scenery? IMO, he'd slide into our lineup nicely as a #2C or as a top-6 LW. I'd also be interested in swapping one of our top D prospects for Borgstrom.

I agree that The Panthers would be good trade partners with Toronto , but to be honest  as you mentioned Florida is pretty set with their top 6 and have a ton of talent on that team. It doesn’t make sense for them because Toronto most likely is going to ask for Matheson coming back. That leaves a gaping hole on their blue line that would basically wash out any offense . When you’re getting scored on 5 times a night , things are going to go downhill really fast (as we’ve seen with our team so far this season.)

I’m holding out hope that GMBM finally realizes that he needs to do something NOW if we (most likely) get ragdolled tonight. He’s been in this situation before , but this time it seems inevitable. Whether it be a coaching change, or a trade , something has to happen . I’m all for the former by the way. I guess we will wait and see.

Quite a few teams are sucking right now besides the Ducks or should I say that no team has really been a clear cut stand out. There have been mini wining streaks here and there but a team like the Panthers could get on a roll because they do have talent in their line up. I really don't think a trade will help Anaheim because guess who is still behind the bench with his dopey assistants?! 

1 minute ago, Fisix said:

I do kinda wonder if the Kings, Sharks, or Cannucks wanna trade some stuff.

I don't know what the Sharks could need. They have 2 Norris trophy defensemen. The Canucks look good too so I think they would look around the trade deadline. The Kings need an exorcist.

2 hours ago, perry_mvp said:

I don't know what the Sharks could need. They have 2 Norris trophy defensemen. The Canucks look good too so I think they would look around the trade deadline. The Kings need an exorcist.

All 3 of those teams need a better (healthy) goalie. I'm really not impressed by Jones...he makes the occasional big save, but what goalie doesn't at times? but he seems to let in a lot of softies at bad times

Just now, Jasoaks said:

I'm really not impressed by Jones

Me neither but he kind of beat us in last seasons playoffs...The Kings are sort of going through what happened to us when Hiller went down, then our back up, then our back up's back up.

6 hours ago, gorbachav5 said:

Jones didn't beat us in last season's playoffs.  He was fine, but the Ducks got taken behind the shed by the entire Sharks roster.  Jones got a few licks in with the switch but wasn't close to being the difference.

True but the Ducks only got what 3 goals by him. He just happened to be the guy in the Sharks net at the time.

Went to the Gulls game last night (Gulls 4-1). The thing that most impressed me is that EVERY time the Gulls go the puck up ice, someone was in the goalies face. i was very impressed with Comtois, Tropp, Terry and Lundestrom to name my top 4. 

In other news, is BM clearing up some cap space for a trade? Less than $1M but every little bit counts.

https://www.prohockeyrumors.com/2018/11/ducks-place-luke-schenn-on-waivers.html

Given that Schenn is a right-shot defender (something that is typically in high demand) and has a relatively cheap price tag, it wouldn’t be surprising to see a team in need of some defensive depth place a claim.  They’ll have until 11:00 AM CST on Sunday to do so.  If Schenn clears and is sent to their AHL affiliate in San Diego, his full cap hit will come off Anaheim’s books.

10 minutes ago, Fisix said:

I was surprised he sent Schenn down.

The only reasonable explanation is that he wanted to showcase our young defense, maybe Mahura specifically.  Based on how well he did last night, I'll be sad if he gets traded away.

The broadcast was saying BM said he gets the most calls about Mahura (as far as propsects go). I, too, hope Mahura stays based off what I saw last night...and also...I'm a little less into Monty being traded now lol he really became a leader in that game last night. He might have some strong on ice leadership skills we have yet to really see due to Fowler/Lindholm usually being in.

9 minutes ago, Jasoaks said:

The broadcast was saying BM said he gets the most calls about Mahura (as far as propsects go). I, too, hope Mahura stays based off what I saw last night...and also...I'm a little less into Monty being traded now lol he really became a leader in that game last night. He might have some strong on ice leadership skills we have yet to really see due to Fowler/Lindholm usually being in.

I still say Monty gets traded at some point. There still is the matter of the expansion draft and if if comes down to covering Manson or Monty then Monty is the odd man out.

On 11/16/2018 at 4:54 PM, perry_mvp said:

It seemed like a foregone conclusion the Sharks would re-sign Karlsson to a long deal, but he doesn't seem like a great fit. Do the Sharks consider trading him at the deadline if he's still in this funk?

On 11/19/2018 at 11:03 AM, perry_mvp said:

I still say Monty gets traded at some point. There still is the matter of the expansion draft and if if comes down to covering Manson or Monty then Monty is the odd man out.

I don’t think Larsson, Pettersson and Mahura are getting these long looks to be Monty’s replacement. Or Manson’s. And we all know Lindholm isn’t going anywhere. So who does that leave as the likely odd man out... :ph34r:

5 minutes ago, dtsdlaw said:

I don’t think Larsson, Pettersson and Mahura are getting these long looks to be Monty’s replacement. Or Manson’s. And we all know Lindholm isn’t going anywhere. So who does that leave as the likely odd man out... :ph34r:

Ohh oh oh oh!! is it Fowler???

34 minutes ago, nieder said:

It seemed like a foregone conclusion the Sharks would re-sign Karlsson to a long deal, but he doesn't seem like a great fit. Do the Sharks consider trading him at the deadline if he's still in this funk?

Agreed. He doesn't. He wasn't the "missing piece" the Sharks needed. They have him. It's Burns. Karlsson is overkill and hasn't found his place. Sure a team with EK is better than without...but the Sharks don't really improve that much. But regardless I think the Sharks keep him unless somehow they are out of a playoff spot. Never know what could happen in the playoffs. EK could definitely play a big part in the playoffs. I think it's unlikely they sign him though. They can't afford the $11mil he'll be asking for. They'd have to lose Kane or Couture or Hertle or someone...maybe Thornton doesn't resign if they win the Cup? I dunno how the cap stuff works, but my guess is they don't have the room to sign him.

On 11/19/2018 at 11:03 AM, perry_mvp said:

He may be...but this no Fowler/Lindholm period is definitely a chance for him to show that he shouldn't be the odd man out. Damn this stupid draft...and last years, too!!