The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ducks9147

Top 6 forward immediately!!!

15 hours ago, perry_mvp said:

If the Ducks would have been able to trade for him a couple of weeks ago and sign him for $7M per year, the estimated first year cap hit was $9.7M. That was from a Sportsnet video posted somewhere on this board. I imagine that first year cap hit has gone up by now. The Ducks would have been stretching things very thin back then so I seriously doubt Murray would wait till the last second now. Honestly, if the Ducks were going to trade for any of the Leafs forwards, Murray should go after Kapanen. 

13 hours ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

I think that the problem isn’t just for this season. The Ducks would have almost no cap room to work with it they got Nylander moving forward. They would have to ship out more money. To me, the Henrique extension was the nail in the coffin for the Ducks being able to make a huge acquisition. Too much money already locked up with older players. I don’t know if Murray or most GM’s anticipated the Nylander situation to get to this point but there’s nothing Murray can really do about it now. I like Kapanen but I’m not sure what I would give up for him. I wouldn’t move Montour for him at this point though.

Yeah...I kinda figured that as the days went on it became less and less likely we'd trade for Nylander. I don't see how any team makes the trade actually anymore. The Leafs would be best to sign him to what he wants and then trade him out during the off-season. Actually that might just put them in a crazy bind...GMs will know the Leafs have to get rid of him to extend Matthews/Marner...so they wont be offering up much.

8 hours ago, BlazingEtem said:

Laine has 13 goals in his last 6 games. What game # do you think it will be when somebody on our team hits 13 goals?

Yeah, but that's Laine...no one is producing at his rate right now. He's been just a monster. In fact, his 18 goals in the month of november is 3rd all-time...no one has done at least that since Bure...in the EARLY 90s...only Selanne and some guy name Joe Malone has more in a month...20. Ovechkin never has done 18 in a month. He's the 4th youngest to reach 100 goals...behind Gretzky and some guys named Bellows and Carson. To be fair, that's more 'cause of the lockout that Ovechkin isn't in that group. Ovechkin got to 100 goals in 12 less games.

But your point is taken. We still hardly have any goal scorers lol

Hearing PIT/ANA working on something involving Daniel Sprong. Let’s see where it goes

#TradeCentre ALERT: @Penguins trade F Daniel Sprong to the @AnaheimDucks for D Marcus Pettersson (via @frank_seravalli) http://tsn.ca/1.1220160  #TSNHockey

On 11/30/2018 at 10:14 PM, BlazingEtem said:

Laine has 13 goals in his last 6 games. What game # do you think it will be when somebody on our team hits 13 goals?

:lol:

I just realized Aberg #retire20 has 9 goals, I thought he still had six. Sooo... Maybe mid January we'll have a double digit goal scorer!

If this topics title was “”Top 12 Forward Immediately!!!””, then mission accomplished.

But in all seriousness, I really liked what I saw from Jerry Spronger in his first game. He’s fast and also a hustler. He looks hungry and also looks to be fitting in with Uncle Rico and Kase too. That could become a pretty slick line. Move down Kess and Cogs to the 4th and put Ritchie with Silf on the 3rd. Keep Aberg with his Swedish lineup countryman Rakel on top with GetzBeastMan centering (obviously) then bam! Not too shabby. Not too shabby indeed 

then enter RC, sees what he says about that.... nonsense I tell you! 

On 12/6/2018 at 8:45 AM, RobD360 said:

If this topics title was “”Top 12 Forward Immediately!!!””, then mission accomplished.

But in all seriousness, I really liked what I saw from Jerry Spronger in his first game. He’s fast and also a hustler. He looks hungry and also looks to be fitting in with Uncle Rico and Kase too. That could become a pretty slick line. Move down Kess and Cogs to the 4th and put Ritchie with Silf on the 3rd. Keep Aberg with his Swedish lineup countryman Rakel on top with GetzBeastMan centering (obviously) then bam! Not too shabby. Not too shabby indeed 

then enter RC, sees what he says about that.... nonsense I tell you! 

RC would say "Again"...

On 11/21/2018 at 5:43 PM, dtsdlaw said:

No movement means no movement. You can't trade him. You can't send him to the minors. And per the expansion rules, you can't let him be selected in an expansion draft. No trade clauses apply only to trades. You can still bury players in the minors if they have an NTC, and they are also eligible to be selected in the expansion draft. 

Indeed that is true.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

2 hours ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

Well, Tyler Seguin and might be available now. Pick up the phone, Murray!

I don’t know. He just signed an 8 year deal. He’s owed 8mil through 22-23 then tapers down and contract ends 2027 when he’s 34. Is he still elite nowadays? 

10 minutes ago, RobD360 said:

I don’t know. He just signed an 8 year deal. He’s owed 8mil through 22-23 then tapers down and contract ends 2027 when he’s 34. Is he still elite nowadays? 

I think he’s one of the Top-10 centers in the NHL and one of the better pure offensive ones at that. He puts up 70 pts like clockwork and would be such a huge injection of offensive talent that the Ducks desperately need. We’d also have him during most of his prime years. Imagine a 1, 2 punch of him and Getzlaf down the middle. I think that the Ducks get right back into the mix of contending in the West by adding him.

This is best chance and price to get him at if there was one. Players like him rarely get moved at his age. I can’t believe the Stars CEO went scorched earth on his two franchise players all while they are in a playoff spot lol

He just called them out, he's not moving them, just like when Bob said Ritchie had some fat.

9 hours ago, RobD360 said:

He has a $10mil hit over the entirety of the contract, and is owed between 10-13 in actual money for most of it.  Plus NMC.

https://www.capfriendly.com/players/tyler-seguin

And he's on a lower pace this year already.  Do you risk that for 8 years?  He's got Aberg goals and Rakell assists.  Maybe wait and see if he recovers some?

Bombay would lose his mind in 2021.

5 hours ago, gotchabari said:

He has a $10mil hit over the entirety of the contract, and is owed between 10-13 in actual money for most of it.  Plus NMC.

https://www.capfriendly.com/players/tyler-seguin

And he's on a lower pace this year already.  Do you risk that for 8 years?  He's got Aberg goals and Rakell assists.  Maybe wait and see if he recovers some?

Bombay would lose his mind in 2021.

Nah, it would stay put. You'd probably have to center it around moving either Fowler/Lindholm and Henrique to make it work realistically, but I'd do it to bring in a talent like Seguin. Getzlaf and him down the middle would be so fun to watch. Plus, Perry and Cogliano are off the books in 2021 anyway lol. Cap space abound!

5 hours ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

Nah, it would stay put. You'd probably have to center it around moving either Fowler/Lindholm and Henrique to make it work realistically, but I'd do it to bring in a talent like Seguin. Getzlaf and him down the middle would be so fun to watch. Plus, Perry and Cogliano are off the books in 2021 anyway lol. Cap space abound!

I'm not talking about whether we could make room, it's comparing his decline and dollars to Kesler.  Way more expensive and already potentially declining output.  It's the type of deal you and others would criticize in retrospect based on board history.

1 hour ago, gotchabari said:

I'm not talking about whether we could make room, it's comparing his decline and dollars to Kesler.  Way more expensive and already potentially declining output.  It's the type of deal you and others would criticize in retrospect based on board history.

It’s a very different situation though. You’d be getting an elite center and offensive talent in the prime of his career (27 when his extension kicks in) not when he’s age 32. He’d also be 35 when his contract is over, Kesler will be almost 38 when his does. The impact he’d have on the Ducks would be huge. Sure, his play will eventually decline, like everyone else’s does, but I doubt it happens before the Eaves, Perry and Kesler contracts are long gone and perhaps Getzlaf’s also. Eaves and Kesler combined more than cover his cap hit and I’m willing to bet Seguin crushing their current combined production even when he reaches his declining years lol. He’s still on pace to put up almost 70 pts this season and has been snakebit with hitting posts. He could even be more productive with the Ducks because he’d have Getzlaf taking pressure off of him from a match up standpoint. I highly doubt anything happens but I hope that Murray is doing his due diligence and at least is kicking the tires on him.

Seguin is not getting traded. Dallas signed him to a massive 8 year extension that doesn't even kick in until next year. Dallas would never see another free agent come their direction if they were to trade him. It would be franchise suicide.

On 12/28/2018 at 10:48 PM, BombaysTripleDeke said:

Well, Tyler Seguin and might be available now. Pick up the phone, Murray!

no offense but he is too expensive. For our Ducks to afford.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

On 12/29/2018 at 11:50 PM, BlazingEtem said:

Seguin is not getting traded. Dallas signed him to a massive 8 year extension that doesn't even kick in until next year. Dallas would never see another free agent come their direction if they were to trade him. It would be franchise suicide.

Legit would go before Seguin and most probably WILL !!!! IMHO

On 12/29/2018 at 11:33 AM, BombaysTripleDeke said:

Problem is you have Ritchie, Rakell, and Kase due new contracts around the same time. Not so sure there's that much $ to go around if you add Sequin too.

8 hours ago, dukitup said:

Problem is you have Ritchie, Rakell, and Kase due new contracts around the same time. Not so sure there's that much $ to go around if you add Sequin too.

In theory, I don’t think that money would be much of a problem. Ritchie and Kase will still be RFA’s (though with arbitration rights) in 2021 and Rakell is a UFA in 2022 (the year Kesler is scheduled to come off the books). Manson and Lindholm are UFA’s at that time as well. Between the 2021 and 2022 off seasons the Ducks are projected to have over 60$ mil in cap space though. Plus, you’d have to move Henrique and either Fowler/Lindholm to Dallas which would cover Seguin’s cap hit to make it work in the first place. All of the Ducks notable prospects (Steel, Terry, Lundestrom, Jones, Comtois, Mahura) will be just coming off their ELC’s with no arbitration rights and I don’t really expect any of them to get massive extensions based roughly two years of NHL experience. I mean, how much could those guys realistically command on their next deals? 

For the record, there’s pretty much no chance that Seguin or Benn go anywhere let alone to Anaheim. I just got my hopes up for a split second when I saw the Dallas CEO comments lol.

I love that guy.  I wish he was a Ducks fan!  I loved the part when he said "I'd be eating it up with obnoxious"...

A true hockey fan.

Just read an article that Kings will be pursuing Artemi Panarin in the off-season. How about us? If we could dump salary of some overrated players, like Fowler, and use this money to pursue top forwards in the summer, it would be great. Ops...Just forgot that BM is not interested in russians.

OTT and Mark Stone have re-engaged in discussions over the past few days to see if there is common ground on an extension. Meanwhile, the Senators have made Matt Duchene available, and expect those talks to heat up over the next few days.