The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
DuckFan4Life

San Diego Gulls 2018-2019

42 minutes ago, Spencer_12 said:

Terry scored twice - including the GWG - and added an assist tonight. Nice way to approach getting sent down.

Aye. Seems like more and more, with the youngsters we've got, they get sent down, they kick ass and come back with their hair on fire.

Getzlaf had 25 games in the AHL his rookie season, and I think Perry had a few more than that.  Getz had 16 games with the team, went down for a month and a half, then was a a totally different player when he came back.  I know that's a tough comparison since there's very little chance Terry even approaches Getzlaf in quality, but a month in the AHL could do him good.

• Like 4

Young Guns are looking good team is alright 3-2-1 7pts..Terry is in 3rd place in Stats with 6pts.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

19 hours ago, DuckFan4Life said:

NEWS: @AnaheimDucks have acquired defenseman Trevor Murphy from the Arizona Coyotes in exchange for left wing Giovanni Fiore. Murphy will be joining the Gulls.

Happy for Fiore.  He just never had a home here, but he struck me as a solid 4th liner and PK guy who would regularly play elsewhere.  Arizona might be that place.

#NHLDucks prospect Troy Terry had an 11-game point streak to start his AHL career earlier this season. A goal and an assist tonight gave him points in nine straight. He has points in 22 of 26 games with the @SDGullsAHL.

#NHLDucks prospect Max Jones (first round, 26th overall - 2016) had a career high three-point performance (1g/2a) tonight for the @SDGullsAHL, including a highlight-reel between-the-legs goal. Rookie AHL season for Jonesy.

Edited by DuckFan4Life
  • Like 2

I still have that strange feeling where it works like: Gulls on a tear - Ducks suck. And vice versa. Not statistical loadouts to back it up, though.

21 hours ago, DuckFan4Life said:

@TheAHL 

After scoring 3 goals in the final 91 seconds last night, the @SDGullsAHL are 10-0-0-2 in their last dozen games. 

So this Eakins character doesn’t sound too shabby, eh? 

Despite having a great game win streak, the Gulls are just merely tied for 8th place :( I thought they would have been higher. 

Edited by RobD360

On 1/12/2019 at 0:12 PM, RobD360 said:

Despite having a great game win streak, the Gulls are just merely tied for 8th place :( I thought they would have been higher. 

They're third in the division and fourth in the conference (by points percentage, which is what matters).

5 hours ago, gorbachav5 said:

They're third in the division and fourth in the conference (by points percentage, which is what matters).

Yeah, the Gulls are absolutely rolling right now. The real positives are Troy Terry absolutely dominating and Max Jones turning into a force. Makes me more hopeful for next season than this one lol.

Edited by BombaysTripleDeke
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

Yeah, the Gulls are absolutely rolling right now. The real positives are Troy Terry absolutely dominating and Max Jones turning into a force. Makes me more hopeful for next season than this one lol.

Do you follow the Gulls much? I don't at all. How is Eakins? Do we really want him as our next coach...? I get worried 'cause we brought up that defensive coach from the Gulls this season and he seems to be terrible...and an 8th place Gulls doesn't inspire much confidence in the head coach...but, I dunno. I don't follow them at all so I have no idea.

1 hour ago, Jasoaks said:

Do you follow the Gulls much? I don't at all. How is Eakins? Do we really want him as our next coach...? I get worried 'cause we brought up that defensive coach from the Gulls this season and he seems to be terrible...and an 8th place Gulls doesn't inspire much confidence in the head coach...but, I dunno. I don't follow them at all so I have no idea.

I don't know much about his tactics or systems, but I do know the Gulls have had significant problems in getting outplayed for long stretches, even when they're winning.  I think Eakins would be an upgrade over Carlyle, but I also think most members of this board would be an upgrade over Carlyle, so that's not saying much.  I'm not convinced Eakins is a long-term solution.  But I suspect that the Ducks are going to give him a shot after this season.