Jump to content
The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
DuckFan4Life

San Diego Gulls 2018-2019

Recommended Posts

15 minutes ago, gorbachav5 said:

I don't know much about his tactics or systems, but I do know the Gulls have had significant problems in getting outplayed for long stretches, even when they're winning.  I think Eakins would be an upgrade over Carlyle, but I also think most members of this board would be an upgrade over Carlyle, so that's not saying much.  I'm not convinced Eakins is a long-term solution.  But I suspect that the Ducks are going to give him a shot after this season.

haha...yeah, I get ya. I know it's tough to judge Eakins based off of his Oilers stint, too...hmmm...I do still kinda wish we went with Travis lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gulls have been on a run but now the Ducks are depleting their roster. First Terry and Jones.

  • The Ducks announced that they’ve recalled center Sam Carrick from San Diego of the AHL.  The 26-year-old is tied for the Gulls’ lead in team scoring with 37 points in just 32 games.  He suited up in three games with Anaheim earlier in the season, his first NHL action since the 2015-16 campaign.  To make room for him on the roster, winger Ondrej Kase was transferred to injured reserve.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, DuckFan4Life said:

Gulls have been on a run but now the Ducks are depleting their roster. First Terry and Jones.

  • The Ducks announced that they’ve recalled center Sam Carrick from San Diego of the AHL.  The 26-year-old is tied for the Gulls’ lead in team scoring with 37 points in just 32 games.  He suited up in three games with Anaheim earlier in the season, his first NHL action since the 2015-16 campaign.  To make room for him on the roster, winger Ondrej Kase was transferred to injured reserve.

The 15-game point streak comes to an end, our first loss in regulation since Dec. 8. What a run. #LetsGoGulls

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FEB 8, 2019

 

Per Gulls PR, Eakins has led SD to a 143-85-12-8 record to pace the Pacific Division in all-time wins, points (306) and points percentage (.617%) since the division’s inception in 2015. Big night for Gulls.

Edited by DuckFan4Life
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/9/2019 at 7:51 AM, DuckFan4Life said:

FEB 8, 2019

 

Per Gulls PR, Eakins has led SD to a 143-85-12-8 record to pace the Pacific Division in all-time wins, points (306) and points percentage (.617%) since the division’s inception in 2015. Big night for Gulls.

Good Gulls, keep building for the push. Oh, and keep beating up the Reign. This isn't a damned monarchy, it's a constitutional republic!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Drake12 said:

Good Gulls, keep building for the push. Oh, and keep beating up the Reign. This isn't a damned monarchy, it's a constitutional republic!

It's a trash dump tbh! Just like the parent club!

DALLAS FOR NEXT DOOKS COACH.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A few things to remember when it comes to the Ducks and the deadline: For a player to be eligible for the AHL playoffs, they must be on the AHL roster at the time of the deadline. In addition to that, the NHL team is only allowed 4 non emergency recalls after the deadline

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, DuckFan4Life said:

A few things to remember when it comes to the Ducks and the deadline: For a player to be eligible for the AHL playoffs, they must be on the AHL roster at the time of the deadline. In addition to that, the NHL team is only allowed 4 non emergency recalls after the deadline

This is tough in our situation, Kes and whoever else of the vets are ever fragile and the kids from down below have been great.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

Anyone had a chance to see Simon Benoit play? He’s got a pretty solid stat line for a rookie with almost no fan fare. 12 pts, +15 (leads all Gulls D and is 3rd overall amongst rookie D)

Watched him play tonight. He looks good. Good positioning, engaged. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/23/2019 at 10:33 PM, BombaysTripleDeke said:

Anyone had a chance to see Simon Benoit play? He’s got a pretty solid stat line for a rookie with almost no fan fare. 12 pts, +15 (leads all Gulls D and is 3rd overall amongst rookie D)

Gulls' website even has his birth year listed as 1989 instead of 1998. Talk about no fan fare! They can't even get his age right on the team website!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/23/2019 at 10:33 PM, BombaysTripleDeke said:

Anyone had a chance to see Simon Benoit play? He’s got a pretty solid stat line for a rookie with almost no fan fare. 12 pts, +15 (leads all Gulls D and is 3rd overall amongst rookie D)

 

On 2/27/2019 at 0:54 PM, dtsdlaw said:

Gulls' website even has his birth year listed as 1989 instead of 1998. Talk about no fan fare! They can't even get his age right on the team website!

NEWS: We’ve signed defenseman Simon Benoit to a three-year, entry-level contract.

https://www.nhl.com/ducks/news/ducks-sign-benoit-to-three-year-entry-level-contract/c-305488268

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DuckFan4Life said:

I like it! Seems like he can be a good depth find. Also hope to see RHD Hunter Drew, who is playing solidly in the Q, and what he might bring next year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, all this talk of Dallas Eakins doing so many wonderful things down in SD and being the heir-apparent, etc.  I'm not seeing it.

The Gulls are doing all right, but are 32-20, and have been stuck in 3rd place despite reports of going on long tears.  Is he really a magical coach, or is he just a good AHL coach that should stay there to help keep developing our youth?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, gotchabari said:

So, all this talk of Dallas Eakins doing so many wonderful things down in SD and being the heir-apparent, etc.  I'm not seeing it.

The Gulls are doing all right, but are 32-20, and have been stuck in 3rd place despite reports of going on long tears.  Is he really a magical coach, or is he just a good AHL coach that should stay there to help keep developing our youth?

The Ducks had (don't know if still true) lost the most NHL man games to injury this year. As a result, we've had to poach the Gulls roster all year. I haven't really been following the Gulls that closely, but Max Jones, Troy Terry, Jacob Larsson, Jaycob Megna, etc., are now regulars with the big club. As as result, they're no longer playing for the Gulls. That's some significant production now missing (wasn't Terry a point per game player when called up?).  All things considered, the fact the Gulls are still in 3rd seems like Eakins might be doing a really good job.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, dukitup said:

The Ducks had (don't know if still true) lost the most NHL man games to injury this year. As a result, we've had to poach the Gulls roster all year. I haven't really been following the Gulls that closely, but Max Jones, Troy Terry, Jacob Larsson, Jaycob Megna, etc., are now regulars with the big club. As as result, they're no longer playing for the Gulls. That's some significant production now missing (wasn't Terry a point per game player when called up?).  All things considered, the fact the Gulls are still in 3rd seems like Eakins might be doing a really good job.

When they were playing there, they had a similar record and were still stuck in 3rd.  I've been watching all year trying to figure out what the big hubbub was about, even considering that it might have been poaching, and don't see a pattern.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/18/2019 at 11:36 AM, gotchabari said:

When they were playing there, they had a similar record and were still stuck in 3rd.  I've been watching all year trying to figure out what the big hubbub was about, even considering that it might have been poaching, and don't see a pattern.

They were in 2nd last week, #6 in the playoff hunt. Now they’re at #10 but have more games to play. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DuckFan4Life said:

They were in 2nd last week, #6 in the playoff hunt. Now they’re at #10 but have more games to play. 

All the good young kids should be back in the A to help out. Can’t understand why they are kept up to play meaningless games. If we need players then call up the worst players from SD to fill in for the Ducks. It’s sad that Terry got hurt in a game that meant nothing. SD got really have used him. This season just has me shaking my head for a long list of reasons

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, RobD360 said:

All the good young kids should be back in the A to help out. Can’t understand why they are kept up to play meaningless games. If we need players then call up the worst players from SD to fill in for the Ducks. It’s sad that Terry got hurt in a game that meant nothing. SD got really have used him. This season just has me shaking my head for a long list of reasons

It's a start.

Elliott Teaford @ElliottTeaford
FThe Ducks have sent Kiefer Sherwood and Chase De Leo back to San Diego to bolster the Gulls' playoff chances. Locked in a tight race with five regular-season games to play.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Top four in Pacific make Calder Cup playoffs. San Diego (75) jumps back above Tucson (74) into third. Colorado (73) sitting just outside in fifth. All three have four games left. Gulls could get the cavalry back (w/out Terry) for final three.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gulls lost to San Jose in San Diego, 4-3.  Gulls third goal scored at 19:52 of the third so it wasn’t that close.  Two more games with Tuscon this weekend who also lost tonite.  Hopefully the Gulls don’t back into the playoffs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This team in San Diego we see is a mirror into the Future of the Ducks...I cannot wait to see some of these Young Guns be unleashed and Advance Ducks Quest into regaining the Stanley Cup.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gulls qualify for the AHL playoffs with a Colorado loss tonite prior to the Gulls' game ending in an overtime loss to Tucson.  Gulls lost in overtime 4-3 to Tucson, with 3 seconds left. Controversial loss, with the Tucson official timekeeper starting the game clock late.....time might have run out prior to the GWG.  The Tucson win has Playoff implications for Colorado and Tucson who are in a battle for the final Pacific Division playoff spot.  Each team has one game to play.

Tucson moves ahead of Colorado with the win against the Gulls.  

Listening via radio stream.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gulls won the last game 4-3 and are up in the Playoffs aling with Colorado, Tucson is out.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/12/2019 at 10:21 PM, Fowl said:

Gulls qualify for the AHL playoffs with a Colorado loss tonite prior to the Gulls' game ending in an overtime loss to Tucson.  Gulls lost in overtime 4-3 to Tucson, with 3 seconds left. Controversial loss, with the Tucson official timekeeper starting the game clock late.....time might have run out prior to the GWG.  The Tucson win has Playoff implications for Colorado and Tucson who are in a battle for the final Pacific Division playoff spot.  Each team has one game to play.

Tucson moves ahead of Colorado with the win against the Gulls.  

Listening via radio stream.

Cheating with the clock, Gulls win last night knocking them out of the playoffs just as Tucson knocked out the Gulls last year. Karma

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not that I'm rooting for the Sharks, but I was hoping they'd make a series of it....mostly so they would be without their NHL reinforcements until around game 4.   The Sharks look lost.  Jones can't stop a beach ball....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...