The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DuckFan4Life

San Diego Gulls 2018-2019

Condors winning the possession game but Gulls with the better scoring opportunities in OT.

Tilting Condors in the 2OT though Gulls getting some chances.

4 minutes in to period 2 and Bakersfield makes it 3-2 Gulls.

Comtois and Carrick score 5 mins apart...Gulls lead 5-2!  4 mins left in 2nd.

So do you think Eakins is going to want to leave a good situation in San Diego, to come and try to fix the Ducks?  I wonder how much money the Ducks are going to tempt him with.

I really hope the Ducks are taking Eakins' minor league success into account when making this call, although my guess is if he's offered the gig, it's because the Ducks are taking the easy & convenient route, rather than looking outside the organization or even considering other options.  He obviously has a good thing going with the Gulls, and I'd hate for his success to be damaged if he's not able to turn the Ducks around.  Especially with a GM who appears to have a lifetime contract, and it remains to be seen what roster changes he makes over the next 4 months.

So Gullls next opponent is Vegas AHL affiliate, Chicago Wolves. Should we be concerned cause I thought Vegas was stacked to the neck with high end prospects they got from teams as part of their entry into the league agreement. Does anyone have any insight on this and whether said concern is valid? 

14 minutes ago, RobD360 said:

So Gullls next opponent is Vegas AHL affiliate, Chicago Wolves. Should we be concerned cause I thought Vegas was stacked to the neck with high end prospects they got from teams as part of their entry into the league agreement. Does anyone have any insight on this and whether said concern is valid? 

We can beat any team, anywhere, no matter how many good players they have, rain or shine, down by 3, etc. Lol. I don't know more about the Vegas team, but I like our chances. Let's Go Ducks! I mean, Gulls! Well, both Ducks and Gulls!!!!

On 4/24/2019 at 9:16 PM, BombaysTripleDeke said:

Looks like Max Jones got hurt. Put no weight on his right leg and had to be helped off of the ice.

Any update on Max Jones?  

11 hours ago, CAsFirstCup said:

Any update on Max Jones?  

Not that I’ve seen. He got hurt in two separate playoff games and it could be some combination of a leg and head injury. Hope he’s able to play in Conference final 

Tropp!  Top corner.  1-1 with 27 seconds left in the first.

Neither Jones nor Lundestrom are in the lineup.

Gulls outshot Chicago 10-6 in the first.  The Wolves have the #6 overall pick from the 2017 draft.  They’re not chopped liver.

Gulls are tied with the Wolves 2-2. Comtois scored a goal along with Tropp.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

Comtois!  4-3 Gulls!  What a play!

Cracknell shot the puck from deep in his own zone all the way down the ice off the end boards.  Comtois won the race and one-timed the carom off the boards into the far lower corner.