The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DuckFan4Life

San Diego Gulls 2018-2019

OT breakaway goal.  Gulls had the better of the play most of the game.  Their biggest weakness was getting hemmed in their drone for long stretches every 10-15 minutes or so.

Got to win Game 2 and come home tied 1-1.

The refs should have called a slashing penalty on the Gulls.  Letting it go actually led to the winning goal.  Glass, the player whose stick was slashed, went to the bench to get another one and then received a pass behind the defense to go in all alone to score.  

Other than that the refs were very good.

On 5/15/2019 at 7:21 AM, BombaysTripleDeke said:

Not that I’ve seen. He got hurt in two separate playoff games and it could be some combination of a leg and head injury. Hope he’s able to play in Conference final 

An article in today’s Orange County Register about last night’s game said Jones suffered a head injury in Game 3 of the Bakersfield series.  He has now missed 4 straight games.

17 hours ago, Spencer_12 said:

My guide is now showing the Gulls game tomorrow at 5pm on NHL network. Good stuff. 

i just got the notice via Twitter.  Have tiks for games 3, 4, and 5.

2 hours ago, CAsFirstCup said:

An article in today’s Orange County Register about last night’s game said Jones suffered a head injury in Game 3 of the Bakersfield series.  He has now missed 4 straight games.

It was kind of a weird play.  Keegan Lowe high sticked him and he fell awkwardly.  

40 minutes ago, Spencer_12 said:

Gulls take game 2 with a 3-0 win. Not too difficult of a game for the Gulls.

Woot!  There will be a Game 5!  

Good to see Boyle get the shutout.  He played very well.

I enjoyed watching the game yesterday.  Eakins game plan shut down Chicago pretty good.  I thought Steele played well.  Sherwood's elbow to the head could get looked at.  From one angle it looked bad and from another not so bad.  It will be interesting to see if he gets any time for the hit.

It was nice the NHL Network picked up the broadcast.   Gulls played well and Boyle was strong.  I see Boyle back in net for Game 3.  I’ll be there.

On 5/19/2019 at 6:44 PM, Fowl said:

It was nice the NHL Network picked up the broadcast.   Gulls played well and Boyle was strong.  I see Boyle back in net for Game 3.  I’ll be there.

I will be watching this live stream....Just waiting to see Ducks Future as they show our Future is Bright.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

Sam Steel 6Goal 7Assist 13pts

Max Comtois 5Goals 4Assist 9pts

Kiefer Shewood 4Goals 4 Assist 8pts.

Ducks Prospects are doing VERY GOOD and I eager to see them prove themselves again in Game 3 of AHL WCF.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

18 hours ago, Spencer_12 said:

Damn, Gulls lost game 4 in 2OT.

yea they didn't play well.  They were outplayed for most of the game.  Boyle kept them in the game.

5 hours ago, WolfgangDuck said:

yea they didn't play well.  They were outplayed for most of the game.  Boyle kept them in the game.

They were outplayed badly in the first 2 periods, with Boyle keeping it close, but turned it around and played very well in the 3rd and dominated the first OT.  Unfortunately the Gulls couldn’t convert on their opportunities, including a shot that hit both posts.  In the 2nd OT, the Gulls had a 3 on 2, but the puck carrier passed behind both teammates.  Chicago turned it around with their own 3 on 2 and scored the GWG from the slot.

Game 5 started well with the Gulls taking a 1-0 lead early in the first.  The Wolves dominated the rest of the 1st and led 2-1.  After an even scoreless 2nd, the Larsson tied it early in the 3rd.  Unfortunately the Wolves got the lead back very quickly.  The backbreaker was an own goal on a delayed penalty against Chicago.  Lundestrom was apparently distracted by a broken stick and badly missed the Gulls defensemen on a pass from the neutral zone that went into the empty net.  That gifted Chicago a 4-2 lead and took the life out of the building.  It’s a damn shame because Gulls fans truly are passionate partisan fans that rock the San Diego Sports Arena with support for their team.  I had a great time except for the results of the games.  I wish all Ducks fans could be more like the Gulls fans and be a lot louder in support of our team at home games.

I forgot game 5 was on last night.  Very disappointing.  I agree with your assessment of  game 4.  One thing I took from game 4 is I thought for much of the time we looked very disorganized to the point I questioned whether Eakins would be a good head coach for the Ducks.

3 hours ago, WolfgangDuck said:

I forgot game 5 was on last night.  Very disappointing.  I agree with your assessment of  game 4.  One thing I took from game 4 is I thought for much of the time we looked very disorganized to the point I questioned whether Eakins would be a good head coach for the Ducks.

I agree.  The atmosphere at both games was great, but I was very disappointed by the overall level of the Gulls’ play.  Given how well they had done up until this weekend, I expected them to be taking the play to Chicago the majority of the time, and win at least one, if not both games.  I expected a lot more from players like Steel and Comtois.   Now they need to win 2 straight in Chicago to keep the season alive. I guess it’s possible since they have been a better road team (5-2) than home team (4-4) in these playoffs.  

7 hours ago, CAsFirstCup said:

Game 5 started well with the Gulls taking a 1-0 lead early in the first.  The Wolves dominated the rest of the 1st and led 2-1.  After an even scoreless 2nd, the Larsson tied it early in the 3rd.  Unfortunately the Wolves got the lead back very quickly.  The backbreaker was an own goal on a delayed penalty against Chicago.  Lundestrom was apparently distracted by a broken stick and badly missed the Gulls defensemen on a pass from the neutral zone that went into the empty net.  That gifted Chicago a 4-2 lead and took the life out of the building.  It’s a damn shame because Gulls fans truly are passionate partisan fans that rock the San Diego Sports Arena with support for their team.  I had a great time except for the results of the games.  I wish all Ducks fans could be more like the Gulls fans and be a lot louder in support of our team at home games.

I think Lundestrom’s pass actually tipped the discarded stick and changed direction.  What was nice to see is veteran Gulls players pat him on the back in front of the bench, and tell  him not to worry about just after it happened.  Bad break.  It happens.  Chicago is a fast team....their backcheck is strong.  Game 4 was a bigger crowd - Friday beer night.  Below is a link with the own net goal.  Notice the pass travels over the stick, and between both Gulls defenders.

https://theahl.com/wolves-pull-away-take-3-2-series-lead-in-west-finals

7 hours ago, WolfgangDuck said:

Personally, I thing Eakins is right where he should be.  He’s a good developmental coach.  Not sure the current group in Anaheim would be best served by him.  I think someone more like Berube or Gallant would be a better fit.

57 minutes ago, Fowl said:

I think Lundestrom’s pass actually tipped the discarded stick and changed direction.  What was nice to see is veteran Gulls players pat him on the back in front of the bench, and tell  him not to worry about just after it happened.  Bad break.  It happens.  Chicago is a fast team....their backcheck is strong.  Game 4 was a bigger crowd - Friday beer night.  Below is a link with the own net goal.  Notice the pass travels over the stick, and between both Gulls defenders.

https://theahl.com/wolves-pull-away-take-3-2-series-lead-in-west-finals

Couldn’t see it live since I was sitting on the same side of the rink and the pass was made from near the boards.  Watching the replay it looks like he lifted it over the stick, but maybe it did deflect.  You’re right that it was a bad break.  

I want to see more offense from the Gulls in Game 6.

Game 6 Tommorow Night it's do or Die for our Gulls(Baby Ducks).

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

1 hour ago, CAsFirstCup said:

Couldn’t see it live since I was sitting on the same side of the rink and the pass was made from near the boards.  Watching the replay it looks like he lifted it over the stick, but maybe it did deflect.  You’re right that it was a bad break.  

I want to see more offense from the Gulls in Game 6.

I was directly across from the play (on the players bench side of the ice), so I got a pretty good look.  That's what I thought when it happened.  Wouldn't bet my life on it, but it sure looked that way.   In the video the puck kind of hops.  Either way, it was a tough break.  Fortunately it doesn't happen often.  

Weird play.....It is the first goalie who has scored a Calder Cup playoff goal.....A comeback will be tough, but entirely possible....the Wolves have fast players, just like VGK.  

"I got my chance tonight and I’m going to go out there and do everything I do well and use it to my advantage." Max Jones is expected in tonight's lineup.