The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DuckFan4Life

San Diego Gulls 2018-2019

7 hours ago, WolfgangDuck said:

I forgot game 5 was on last night.  Very disappointing.  I agree with your assessment of  game 4.  One thing I took from game 4 is I thought for much of the time we looked very disorganized to the point I questioned whether Eakins would be a good head coach for the Ducks.

Personally, I thing Eakins is right where he should be.  He’s a good developmental coach.  Not sure the current group in Anaheim would be best served by him.  I think someone more like Berube or Gallant would be a better fit.

57 minutes ago, Fowl said:

I think Lundestrom’s pass actually tipped the discarded stick and changed direction.  What was nice to see is veteran Gulls players pat him on the back in front of the bench, and tell  him not to worry about just after it happened.  Bad break.  It happens.  Chicago is a fast team....their backcheck is strong.  Game 4 was a bigger crowd - Friday beer night.  Below is a link with the own net goal.  Notice the pass travels over the stick, and between both Gulls defenders.

https://theahl.com/wolves-pull-away-take-3-2-series-lead-in-west-finals

Couldn’t see it live since I was sitting on the same side of the rink and the pass was made from near the boards.  Watching the replay it looks like he lifted it over the stick, but maybe it did deflect.  You’re right that it was a bad break.  

I want to see more offense from the Gulls in Game 6.

Game 6 Tommorow Night it's do or Die for our Gulls(Baby Ducks).

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

1 hour ago, CAsFirstCup said:

Couldn’t see it live since I was sitting on the same side of the rink and the pass was made from near the boards.  Watching the replay it looks like he lifted it over the stick, but maybe it did deflect.  You’re right that it was a bad break.  

I want to see more offense from the Gulls in Game 6.

I was directly across from the play (on the players bench side of the ice), so I got a pretty good look.  That's what I thought when it happened.  Wouldn't bet my life on it, but it sure looked that way.   In the video the puck kind of hops.  Either way, it was a tough break.  Fortunately it doesn't happen often.  

Weird play.....It is the first goalie who has scored a Calder Cup playoff goal.....A comeback will be tough, but entirely possible....the Wolves have fast players, just like VGK.  

"I got my chance tonight and I’m going to go out there and do everything I do well and use it to my advantage." Max Jones is expected in tonight's lineup.

Gulls have been eliminated.  That is a very good Chicago team.  Should be a good finals between Chicago and Charlotte.

4 hours ago, hoxxey said:

Now the ducks pull the trigger on the next coach...

Christ, I hope it ain't eakins....

Eakins is both the Easy and Cheap way out.  I will only be surprised if they don't choose him.

2 hours ago, HockeyIzCool said:

Eakins is both the Easy and Cheap way out.  I will only be surprised if they don't choose him.

Me too 

Alright with San Diego eliminated all of us expect what is about to happen and Ducks will probably make it official.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck