mulcher

Aberg

126 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, PetrSykora said:

One does not simply compare a player to Captain Dan "NHL's second leading rookie scorer during the first two weeks of December 2009" Sexton. The man was a legend. 

There's certain things you just don't touch. Big Sexy. Alex "2 for 2" Grant. Immortal.

Edited by poum
2 people like this

On 11/1/2018 at 7:05 PM, poum said:

There's certain things you just don't touch. Big Sexy. Alex "2 for 2" Grant. Immortal.

Aberg’s 6th goal tonight just tied Big Sexy’s goal total from December 2009.

The stuff legends are made of....

3 people like this

12 hours ago, dtsdlaw said:

The spirit of Big Sexy is strong in Aberg. Maybe he’s Aberg’s spirit guide. Head of a Swede and heart of Sexyness... good combo, no?

On 11/1/2018 at 7:05 PM, poum said:

I’d also add Ben Street “The Goal Scoring Machine” to this legendary Hall of Titans

On 17/11/2018 at 1:32 AM, dtsdlaw said:

Only thing slightly delaying the Retire #20 train are the lack of posts here suggesting Getzlaf should be traded (while he still has value of course!) so the team can build a future around their new superstar 

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, PetrSykora said:

Only thing slightly delaying the Retire #20 train are the lack of posts here suggesting Getzlaf should be traded (while he still has value of course!) so the team can build a future around their new superstar 

It was tough to pick which video to share...there are so many...but this one really highlights his best goals

One thing I like about Pontus is his reliability and it shows very well for the Ducks.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

On 11/18/2018 at 4:25 PM, Jasoaks said:

It was tough to pick which video to share...there are so many...but this one really highlights his best goals

I was really hoping this video was posted by a user named NiemiWillRise.

I also know that song... Wanna say Nightwish.

1 person likes this

@icemanconeth

Pontus Aberg will sit for a fourth straight game. Asked RC what he saw in his last outings and what he needs to do to get back in. "Overall compete level in the game has to go up." Knows he has skill and can score but wants him to get more inside, on forecheck, backcheck.

@elliottteaford

Aberg has been on the perimeter too often, too, per RC.

1 hour ago, DuckFan4Life said:

@icemanconeth

Pontus Aberg will sit for a fourth straight game. Asked RC what he saw in his last outings and what he needs to do to get back in. "Overall compete level in the game has to go up." Knows he has skill and can score but wants him to get more inside, on forecheck, backcheck.

@elliottteaford

Because Aber is the only one guilty of lack of back checking...

At least we have guys like Andrew Cog... @&#$

4 people like this

Trade one of our fastest players, bench one of the others....so much for wanting to play fast.

1 person likes this

11 hours ago, nieder said:

Trade one of our fastest players, bench one of the others....so much for wanting to play fast.

This is all a master plan by B&R to re-create the 2006 - 2010 team all the while telling the fans and players that they're going for a "faster, more skilled game style".

On 1/15/2019 at 11:55 AM, DuckFan4Life said:

@icemanconeth

@elliottteaford

Yeah, good thing that slacker is out of the lineup. You could see the instant positive results of having that cherry picker sit in the press

box, munching popcorn while his teammates went out and showed him how it's done.

Dude is probably sitting up there thinking......."Lol. I can't play on this team?"

On a serious note......I think I am ready to get on the fire Carlyle train. He has clearly lost the team and benching your leading goal scorer when your team

is badly struggling to score goals is truly pathetic.

I could see sitting Aberg for a game to send a message but 4 straight games?

1 person likes this

1 minute ago, DuxFan73 said:

absolute stupid trade...what's with all of these centers??? 

Draw 'em to death?

1 person likes this

Kloos - 5'9 180 - just another clown to get pushed off the puck. 

Great...

I am laughing maniacally.  Ruefully, but also maniacally.  Go team, I guess.

4 minutes ago, DuxFan73 said:

absolute stupid trade...what's with all of these centers??? 

Injured Kesler...also, despite it being "3 days" ...he's not looking like he's really going to become the player he used to be.

I don't know anything about Kloos. *shrug* I didn't mind Aberg.

...I mean...RETIRE #20!!!

Also...We lost our tied-for-2nd leading goal scorer...for an AHLer? Yeah, I don't get it.

Edited by Jasoaks
1 person likes this

Something very serious must’ve happened off the ice. That’s the only justification I can understand for this. 

3 people like this

Aberg was pulling up early on a few plays his last few games. Not sure if he thought he thought he had solidified a spot on the roster because he was leading the team in goals (11) which wasn't saying much. Probably smart to trade him now then as his value declines. From what I've read Kloos should have made the Wild's lineup out of camp but wasn't given the opportunity. I hope he comes out flying with this new lease on life for him...welcome to the Ducks or Gulls.

How is this an upgrade? Aberg was one of the highest scorers on the team yet we have other players who consistently pass into teammates skates, pass to no-one, fall down at ridiculous times, skate like they are in molasses and don't appear to be interested in hitting anyone... 

Randy and Bob must be smoking the wacky weed

Its all about bringing players up from the minors.  Terry and Jones.  Aberg was going to get sent down, so GM BM wanted to get something for him, versus having him claimed off waivers.  Kloos has been assigned to San Diego.  Sherwood sent down too.  I think Sherwood has played better than Gibbons, however, he would have has to cleared waivers.

Opportunity for some Gulls prospects.

Edited by Fowl
1 person likes this

Wild get our 2nd top scorer for an AHLer both players are 25 years old .There must be more to this

I refuse to believe Murray did this because he thinks this is a good deal. Aberg must’ve really screwed up. You don’t bench your highest goal scorer for 4 games and trade him for an AHLer. 

2 people like this

1 minute ago, Sexlaf15 said:

I refuse to believe Murray did this because he thinks this is a good deal. Aberg must’ve really screwed up. You don’t bench your highest goal scorer for 4 games and trade him for an AHLer. 

Aberg was -11 with 1 point in his last 8 games played.  I think the issue with him has always been not much D effort.

1 person likes this