The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
mulcher

Aberg

1 minute ago, JiggyToTheCup said:

Aberg was -11 with 1 point in his last 8 games played.  I think the issue with him has always been not much D effort.

Yeah, I saw that too...kinda get it. But then I looked at everyone's +/-...and Ritchie....RITCHIE...leads the team in that category. Him and Manson...and then everyone else is equal or -

1 minute ago, Jasoaks said:

Yeah, I saw that too...kinda get it. But then I looked at everyone's +/-...and Ritchie....RITCHIE...leads the team in that category. Him and Manson...and then everyone else is equal or -

It more about his D effort for sure, which has been reported about 10 posts ago 

4 minutes ago, JiggyToTheCup said:

It more about his D effort for sure, which has been reported about 10 posts ago 

You still don’t scratch your leading goal scorer during historic skids for 4 straight. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Sexlaf15 said:

You still don’t scratch your leading goal scorer during historic skids for 4 straight. 

you do if he's only playing one phase of the game and not putting out the effort the other guys are at both ends.  I had zero problem with it.  Aberg has and always will be a career waiver wire player.

Edited by JiggyToTheCup

2 minutes ago, mulcher said:

Getz is -12 get him outta here?

I was just going to mention that....too slow..

I must be a Duck

We rode the hot hand while it lasted, but Aberg was bound to come back to earth and he did.  Which means that all the issues that led to him being a healthy scratch in Edmonton and Nashville were no longer being compensated for by his goal scoring.  That said, I think Aberg could have been a nice depth scorer in a system that actually made sense.  Which isn't Carlyle's system.  I expect Boudreau to get 10 - 15 goals out of Aberg over the rest of the season.

Fun note, though, I saw Kloos play when I went to an Iowa Wild game in December.  Slightly less fun note, other than the fans all shouting "Klooooooooos" when he was introduced, I did not notice anything special about him.

2 minutes ago, JiggyToTheCup said:

you do if he's only playing one phase of the game and not putting out the effort the other guys are at both ends.  I had zero problem with it.  Aberg has and always will be a career waiver wire player.

Who's giving all of this effort that you speak of? Cogliano...oh that's right...he's gone

Edited by DuxFan73
  • Like 2

Aberg can’t stick with any team. Kloos is an undersized college kid that hasn’t had his NHL chance yet. Probably won’t end up being anything special, but his AHL stats are decent, especially this year. He should help the Gulls if nothing else. 

The real story today is Jones/Terry being called up. Let’s see how they do. It will especially be interesting to see the difference in Terry from the start of the season to now. 

Edited by Spencer_12

9 minutes ago, Fowl said:

Its all about bringing players up from the minors.  Terry and Jones.  Aberg was going to get sent down, so GM BM wanted to get something for him, versus having him claimed off waivers.  Kloos has been assigned to San Diego.  Sherwood sent down too.  I think Sherwood has played better than Gibbons, however, he would have has to cleared waivers.

Opportunity for some Gulls prospects.

I get the logistics and flexibility, but I don't get the reasoning why the logistics has to play a part here, now that we have 2 additional forwards on IR.

I think the only thing I can say for sure is that I don't understand the underlying impetus for these particular moves.  Mechanically, in hindsight, I can follow why y goes to y because x went to x... but i don't get why x was sent to x.  not in any concrete sense.

one theme that makes a little sense... with the two additional injuries, in mid January, no follow up positive words about Perry, Eaves needing conditioning, Getz looking tired if not injured and hiding it... this could be a set of moves for maximum flexibility with lineups and with minimal risk to losing players that matter now or that we think will matter in the coming seasons, so that we can season some rookies that'll be up or out next year.

basically, we're shifting to a scrimmage team.  no playoff prospects, basically shooting for increased 1st round draft pick priority.  this may be the towel.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, gorbachav5 said:

We rode the hot hand while it lasted, but Aberg was bound to come back to earth and he did.  Which means that all the issues that led to him being a healthy scratch in Edmonton and Nashville were no longer being compensated for by his goal scoring.  That said, I think Aberg could have been a nice depth scorer in a system that actually made sense.  Which isn't Carlyle's system.  I expect Boudreau to get 10 - 15 goals out of Aberg over the rest of the season.

This.  Come on, how people said "Tenkrat" on here while he was scoring the goals?

1 minute ago, DuxFan73 said:

Who's giving all of this effort that you speak of? Cogliano...oh that's right...he's gone

I think they all are.  They are pressing badly now, which tends to snowball as streaks get longer.

2 minutes ago, Spencer_12 said:

Aberg can’t stick with any team. Kloos is an undersized college kid that hasn’t had his NHL chance yet. Probably won’t end up being anything special, but his AHL stats are decent, especially this year. He should help the Gulls if nothing else. 

The real story today is Jones/Terry being called up. Let’s see how they do. It will especially be interesting to see the difference in Terry from the start of the season to now. 

Really hope Terry gets a goal ASAP.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HockeyIzCool said:

This is hysterical.  It wasn't more than a few weeks ago that people were praising Murray for picking up Aberg.  So now what?

Aberg read all those praises and it went to his head.  He saw his name hanging from the rafters and figured he didn't have to work hard any longer.

4 minutes ago, gorbachav5 said:

I think there's something else going on, something aside from stats.  I mean, we're still developing Ritchie, but we dump Aberg just for a few recent defensive mishaps?  There's no good way to sync those two things up, unless there's some kind of externality dragging Aberg down.

1 minute ago, Fisix said:

I think there's something else going on, something aside from stats.  I mean, we're still developing Ritchie, but we dump Aberg just for a few recent defensive mishaps?  There's no good way to sync those two things up, unless there's some kind of externality dragging Aberg down.

Didn't someone early on post about his issues playing with prior teams?  I don't recall what they were.

Who we playing tomorrow? Who's their coach? Frackety-frack-frack-frack. 

Manchurian GM.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JiggyToTheCup said:

Didn't someone early on post about his issues playing with prior teams?  I don't recall what they were.

Good memory.  He has had a lackadaisical approach to showing up for practices in the past:

https://thehockeywriters.com/anaheim-ducks-aberg-find-his-way/

Not too much of a stretch to think he may have tried that with RC and got benched.  I doubt anyone is in a forgiving mood right now.  And, if coach won't play him, and he can't be sent down... he's first to go in a minor shake up.

17 minutes ago, gorbachav5 said:

Fun note, though, I saw Kloos play when I went to an Iowa Wild game in December.  Slightly less fun note, other than the fans all shouting "Klooooooooos" when he was introduced, I did not notice anything special about him.

3 against us tomorrow

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Fisix said:

Good memory.  He has had a lackadaisical approach to showing up for practices in the past:

https://thehockeywriters.com/anaheim-ducks-aberg-find-his-way/

Not too much of a stretch to think he may have tried that with RC and got benched.  I doubt anyone is in a forgiving mood right now.  And, if coach won't play him, and he can't be sent down... he's first to go in a minor shake up.

However, in order to stick with Anaheim long-term and make an impact, Aberg has to overcome some problems. The first might be the reason he hasn’t stuck around in one city for very long: maturity. After arriving in Edmonton in March 2018, Aberg had the opportunity to play alongside Connor McDavid, but then he missed a practice prompting coach Todd McLellan to scratch him from the lineup:

“He came out for reasons beyond his play,” McLellan said when asked about the seriousness of Aberg’s infraction. “It’s serious. The coaching staff isn’t pleased, the organization isn’t pleased and I’m sure his teammates aren’t pleased but players do make some mistakes. There are reasons for missing sometimes that you have to go and dig and find out why, and that’s already been done, and we’re ready to move on.”

18 minutes ago, HockeyIzCool said:

This is hysterical.  It wasn't more than a few weeks ago that people were praising Murray for picking up Aberg.  So now what?

I know Lets start BreakDancing...Anyways...I am surprise by this trade...Odd they trade him to a team Ducks are facing in battling for a Playoff spot. Kloos is imho for the Gulls and it seems moving him clears up space for Terry and Jones.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

Good chance for Terry , Jones was a fan favorite with Kingston Frontenacs for his tough physical play.Go young Ducks!

This just keeps on getting better and better.  The ducks now have their own "Mr. Hockey" in their midst.  That's gotta be good for a goal or two.