DuckFan4Life

Ducks 2018-2019 Season

328 posts in this topic

Much can be said with the season winding down....I think the way things have gone....Ducks should have done some changes to improve the team before the Puck Drop before the season began...But it is what it is. Right now I want this team to Win and Salvage this season.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

2 people like this

Brian Gibbons on waivers so will assume Jones is with the Ducks to stay, at least for now.

Cracknell sent down and Terry up so looks like BM wants to see the kids up close.

May help him decide which veterans he can trade at the deadline. 

1 person likes this

21 minutes ago, DuckFan4Life said:

Brian Gibbons on waivers so will assume Jones is with the Ducks to stay, at least for now.

Cracknell sent down and Terry up so looks like BM wants to see the kids up close.

Silfverberg & Miller still seem most likely IMO.

1 person likes this

13 minutes ago, HockeyIzCool said:

Miller I'd say is a for sure at this point...it makes ZERO sense to keep him the rest of the season. Silf...if negotiations seem to not be going anywhere...yeah, he's next.

And then the off-season...One of those top 4 d guys are probably gone.

37 minutes ago, DuckFan4Life said:

I liked Jones on Wednesday! Yeah, him teaming up with some of our other young talent like Terry will be really interesting to see.

2 people like this

21 minutes ago, HockeyIzCool said:

Silfverberg’s holdup is term so if they both give a little (BM adds 1 and Silfverberg subtracts 1 year) I think a deal can be made. I haven’t read exactly what each one is proposing. 

Do you guys think EVPIHCGMBM is a seller at the trade deadline?
If so, who do you think goes?

Not a whole lot of easily moved pieces and the guy I figured would be moved, Cogs, is long gone.

Speaking of which, I have not had much time to look in on Star's games. How's Andrew looking?

4 hours ago, DuckFan4Life said:

Gibbons has speed, but was just too small.  Fringe NHL player.  

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, wataduk said:

Not a whole lot of easily moved pieces and the guy I figured would be moved, Cogs, is long gone.

Speaking of which, I have not had much time to look in on Star's games. How's Andrew looking?

Trading Cogs took them off the hook for honoring Cogs prior to the official "what should have been games played streak."  Pure Joy that Parros (the inept player safety diorector) will be in the building for Niedermayers thing.  Hope he gets booed.

4 people like this

3 hours ago, wataduk said:

11 games   1G  2A  -1       (with Ducks: 46 games. 3G. 8A. +2)

2 people like this

So Lundestrom has a concussion, Silfverberg might get re-signed, Gibson is hurt and lost his chance at the Vezina. On top of just one of the worst played seasons, the hockey gods really need to do us a solid in June

Maybe this has been brought up somewhere else but I couldnt' find it...

What do you guys think of playing Jones on the top line with Getz/Perry? I've REALLY liked what I've seen of him so far...and feel he might a good compliment to them. Has he played with them since being recalled? I haven't been paying close enough attention to see if that happened once or twice in the past few games. Would Bob do that? Does Bob care about mixing up lines for chemistry?

8 minutes ago, Jasoaks said:

Maybe this has been brought up somewhere else but I couldnt' find it...

What do you guys think of playing Jones on the top line with Getz/Perry? I've REALLY liked what I've seen of him so far...and feel he might a good compliment to them. Has he played with them since being recalled? I haven't been paying close enough attention to see if that happened once or twice in the past few games. Would Bob do that? Does Bob care about mixing up lines for chemistry?

One of the things RC did that drove me crazy was stacking 2 lines. Rakell is currently VERY cold, but I'm hoping that since the team as a whole seems to be coming out of their funk, he will as well. I don't know why you would split up Jones/Henrique/Terry when they're such a strong line. If you look at last night's TOI, it was pretty evenly spread. Putting all of your best talent on one line is a big mistake. The JHT line is humming right now and Getz and Perry are starting to gel again. I'd give Rakell another game or 2 to figure it out. If he can't, put Sprong back in to play on the top line and move Rakell with Kesler.

On 2/17/2019 at 3:11 PM, bufbarnaby said:

Only 7 hours until we get beat up again

LOL...really?.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, DuckFan4Life said:

One of the things RC did that drove me crazy was stacking 2 lines. Rakell is currently VERY cold, but I'm hoping that since the team as a whole seems to be coming out of their funk, he will as well. I don't know why you would split up Jones/Henrique/Terry when they're such a strong line. If you look at last night's TOI, it was pretty evenly spread. Putting all of your best talent on one line is a big mistake. The JHT line is humming right now and Getz and Perry are starting to gel again. I'd give Rakell another game or 2 to figure it out. If he can't, put Sprong back in to play on the top line and move Rakell with Kesler.

That's exactly why I want to. AND I'm a bit old school in that I'd like for them to have a left shot on the line. None of them seem to want to shoot backhand...and that usually means they have to delay a split second or a second to reposition before shooting or need to make one more extra pass. Which usually has resulted in time for the goalie to get situated, or defenders to get in the way, or someone to come back and back check.

But ultimately, I agree with you. You're right. Splitting up the JHT line would be bad. They have looked so good! And the more I think about it, Jones on the top line doesn't really add much. It wasn't about splitting up JHT...it was about getting Getz/Perry more support. But, yeah I wont complain if JHT stay together :P I hope Rakell gets hot!

I'm pretty happy for Perry. He's now got two goals since his return. He helped the ducks last year when we had all those injuries. He goes down in pre season and now comes back and the team is playing well. Let me just say that this team is miles better than they were with RC. But I think that Perry is bigger to this team than people give him credit for. He's not some guy playing in Getzs shadow, as he's played well when Getz is out or on another line. Go Pears! 😀

1 person likes this

Sneak in the playoffs and surprise everybody with a run :unsure: Not unheard of.

Still only a 4.8 percent chance of making the playoffs, so the books are saying :unsure:

I think it's interesting that the biggest knock on BMs drafting is that we don't produce forwards from the draft. Well that seems to be settled, I think, as we have a good amount of them coming up this year. 

Which also makes me wonder, does HCBM give the kids a bigger chance than did RC? I mean RC wasn't know for giving them a lot of chances. But it could also be a combination of the season that we're having and the possibility that BM wants to see what they could do. Either way, I'm excited to see the future of the ducks but still wonder where that real elite player is going to come from. 

2 hours ago, g20topdogg said:

but still wonder where that real elite player is going to come from. 

From tank this season?

4 minutes ago, yeaitsme said:

Ok...that dude is hilarious. Probably because there is a lot of truth, but still funny.

Well that's depressing :blink: but also very funny lol

Edited by BritDuck168

1 minute ago, BlazingEtem said:

Ok...that dude is hilarious. Probably because there is a lot of truth, but still funny.

I love all of this guys content, without a doubt one of my favorite YouTube content creators. Knowledgeable and not afraid to rip out your heart either! He should do a Tank Bowl for this NHL season.

1 minute ago, ducks07 said:

Outstanding!!!

I started having cold sweats when he did the whole “you get an extension, you get an extension!” Part!

2 people like this

Truth hurts.  They did a good job quitting on Carlyle as to get him fired, but that sums up the 2018-19 Ducks accomplishments.