Jump to content
The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
DuckFan4Life

Ducks 2018-2019 Season

Recommended Posts

Ducks send Gibbons to Ottawa for D Patrick Sieloff

and Gibbons probably thought the season couldn't get any worse...hello Ottawa.

Edited by ducks07

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Fowl said:

Truth hurts.  They did a good job quitting on Carlyle as to get him fired, but that sums up the 2018-19 Ducks accomplishments.

Man, they did RC dirty...I don't think I've ever seen a team blatantly tank as obviously as the Ducks did. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, yeaitsme said:

 

I LOVE this guy! His videos are so great! This one is no exception. so funny. so true. so good.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Jasoaks said:

I LOVE this guy! His videos are so great! This one is no exception. so funny. so true. so good.

Holy Cow.  That was funny.  I loved the part about "extend everybody"!!!!

A sad state of affairs to be sure...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, ducks07 said:

Ducks send Gibbons to Ottawa for D Patrick Sieloff

and Gibbons probably thought the season couldn't get any worse...hello Ottawa.

Soooo... does this mean Sprong finally draws back in?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, dtsdlaw said:

Soooo... does this mean Sprong finally draws back in?

who knows. They could stay with the same lineup as last game. Gibbons was sent to S.D. prior to the game and Sprong was left in the press box.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, dtsdlaw said:

Soooo... does this mean Sprong finally draws back in?

No because him sitting out was already part of the tank plan. Can’t have guys puttin in pucks on the other end of the net at this point. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, RobD360 said:

No because him sitting out was already part of the tank plan. Can’t have guys puttin in pucks on the other end of the net at this point. 

yep. Tank is back on just more discrete.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We ain’t trading Hank.

I forget if this is the correct thread for that pronouncement. Needed to be said. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It all depends on what draft pick the Ducks get. If it's not top 5... we'll trade everyone but the nmc's in the offseason and make them suffer through an even worse season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/24/2019 at 10:31 PM, RobD360 said:

No because him sitting out was already part of the tank plan. Can’t have guys puttin in pucks on the other end of the net at this point. 

His play in his return to the lineup was Disappointing. As I’ve said before, he isn’t much more than a sniper. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DuckFan4Life said:

His play in his return to the lineup was Disappointing. As I’ve said before, he isn’t much more than a sniper. 

Exactly.... he’s got to knock it off :) we are close to lottery riches 

Edited by RobD360

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/24/2019 at 9:47 PM, ducks07 said:

Man, they did RC dirty...I don't think I've ever seen a team blatantly tank as obviously as the Ducks did. 

You need to start watching Kings games LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WolfgangDuck said:

You need to start watching Kings games LOL

I was referring to tanking in terms of getting a coach fired. It was just a collective FU and a public one at that. As for watching Kings games...I cant do it, Jim Fox is just unbearable to listen to and its got even worse since Bob Miller retired. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, RobD360 said:

Exactly.... he’s got to knock it off :) we are close to lottery riches 

He would only need to knock it off if he scored, which he didn’t.  He hasn’t scored a goal or gotten an assist in at least his last 5 games. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If we get to the end of the season and we are neck and neck with the queens for last place or fighting for  a lottery spot, I can imagine the last game of the season to  be comical with neither team wanting to score a goal. Kings are clearly tanking. Last night in their game versus the Canes Quick looked like a statue out there. I could see both teams missing open nets on purpose to avoid getting any points for the game. LOL.. We could see an hours long shootout where goalies are moving out of the net  and players still missing. 

(Not really, I'm being absurd.)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Shadowduck said:

If we get to the end of the season and we are neck and neck with the queens for last place or fighting for  a lottery spot, I can imagine the last game of the season to  be comical with neither team wanting to score a goal. Kings are clearly tanking. Last night in their game versus the Canes Quick looked like a statue out there. I could see both teams missing open nets on purpose to avoid getting any points for the game. LOL.. We could see an hours long shootout where goalies are moving out of the net  and players still missing. 

(Not really, I'm being absurd.)

any team that does not make the playoffs has a lottery spot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Shadowduck said:

If we get to the end of the season and we are neck and neck with the queens for last place or fighting for  a lottery spot, I can imagine the last game of the season to  be comical with neither team wanting to score a goal. Kings are clearly tanking. Last night in their game versus the Canes Quick looked like a statue out there. I could see both teams missing open nets on purpose to avoid getting any points for the game. LOL.. We could see an hours long shootout where goalies are moving out of the net  and players still missing. 

(Not really, I'm being absurd.)

not that absurd.  remember when the kings tanked a single game (tried to) trying to "choose" who they'd face/not face in the first round playoff that season?

the kings really have no shame when it comes to tanking.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, ducks07 said:

I was referring to tanking in terms of getting a coach fired. It was just a collective FU and a public one at that. As for watching Kings games...I cant do it, Jim Fox is just unbearable to listen to and its got even worse since Bob Miller retired. 

I think that Jim Fox CAUSED Bob Millers illness - can you imagine being in the booth with him ALL THE TIME.  We only got to hear 10% of Jim Fox :wacko:

UGH !!!!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Shadowduck said:

If we get to the end of the season and we are neck and neck with the queens for last place or fighting for  a lottery spot, I can imagine the last game of the season to  be comical with neither team wanting to score a goal. Kings are clearly tanking. Last night in their game versus the Canes Quick looked like a statue out there. I could see both teams missing open nets on purpose to avoid getting any points for the game. LOL.. We could see an hours long shootout where goalies are moving out of the net  and players still missing. 

(Not really, I'm being absurd.)

Can both teams lose? Those games are going to be some low quality hockey.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, nieder said:

Can both teams lose? Those games are going to be some low quality hockey.

Scrimmage type games where everyone is playing like buddies and saying sorry for any rough stuff. Taking any opportunity to talk to each other about plans for summer or upcoming BBQs. In essence, your neighborhood beer league 

Edited by RobD360
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/25/2019 at 1:31 AM, Fowl said:

Truth hurts.  They did a good job quitting on Carlyle as to get him fired, but that sums up the 2018-19 Ducks accomplishments.

Truth is....Ducks should have fired RC before 25th Anniversary started.....you can point the finger and hold Management for that.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, nieder said:

Can both teams lose? Those games are going to be some low quality hockey.

What's the current record for the number of shooters in a shoot-out? Picture it - they play to a 0-0 tie and then go 18 rounds of shoot-out with every shooter intentionally missing the net, until finally Holzer loses the handle on the puck at the top of the circles and Quick dives out of the way and lets it dribble past him for the loss. The league then gives LA the top overall pick and the Ducks fall to 4th as two other teams draw in ahead of them. 

smh. This season.... <_<

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, dtsdlaw said:

Picture it - they play to a 0-0 tie

make an own goal....

but I believe Ducks players not really realized what tanking is... the Hawk game was really at last moment with lucky...

for OTS is brutal, the this is very very weak and they haven't a pick...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quote from Gibson after the Florida game:

John Gibson 
On staying calm in net
Just playing my game, I'm happy to be back and playing and just trying to have fun with it and help the team win some games.

On the team's improved play after his return from injury
It seems that we have a different mentality. We just needed to change the atmosphere, it's a little more upbeat and it just seems that we are playing more of a team game. I think the biggest thing I've noticed is our compete level, whether we are winning or losing. I thought even the other night in Arizona we were down and we still fought to the end

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/19/2019 at 11:43 AM, DuckFan4Life said:

Quote from Gibson after the Florida game:

John Gibson 
On staying calm in net
Just playing my game, I'm happy to be back and playing and just trying to have fun with it and help the team win some games.

On the team's improved play after his return from injury
It seems that we have a different mentality. We just needed to change the atmosphere, it's a little more upbeat and it just seems that we are playing more of a team game. I think the biggest thing I've noticed is our compete level, whether we are winning or losing. I thought even the other night in Arizona we were down and we still fought to the end

Another reason why Letting RC go at the Beginning would have been beneficial to the Ducks this season.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/21/2019 at 12:31 PM, BritDuck168 said:

Held on way too long with RC, destroyed the teams confidence.

Stubbornness in Ducks Management messed things up...RC was shortterm fix.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welp, it's finally over. Just to drive home how miserable of a season this was, Getzlaf's team high 48 points was the second lowest in franchise history. The only year lower was when a rookie Kariya put up 39 in a lockout shortened half-year at the start of the dead puck era. Even the first year Mighty Duck goon squad had two guys in Yake and Corkum who'd lead these current Ducks in points. Ouch.

Edited by PetrSykora
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...