The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
DuckFan4Life

Ducks 2018-2019 Season

3 hours ago, perry_mvp said:

I'm not going to judge Aberg from the one game he had with little time with this team. He's just another cheap 4th line winger.

Another Spot for the Young Ducks tonite...

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

Was it just me, or were more of the rookies gliding than the veterans in the late second and early third periods? I'm happy with the result, but if anyone should have extra energy, it should be the kids, right?

P.s. I loved coming back and enjoying the nostalgia of my first post-high school job. When they played o fortuna as wild wing descended from the rafters, it brought back memories.

Edited by Thom-74

8 hours ago, Thom-74 said:

Was it just me, or were more of the rookies gliding than the veterans in the late second and early third periods? I'm happy with the result, but if anyone should have extra energy, it should be the kids, right?

P.s. I loved coming back and enjoying the nostalgia of my first post-high school job. When they played o fortuna as wild wing descended from the rafters, it brought back memories.

I didn't see that.  I did notice Rakell looked to be gliding in that third period.  He didn't impress me at all that game.

• Like 1

Anyone pleased with the Ducks Young Guns I am very happy with guys like Comtois,Sherwood and Terry.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

7 minutes ago, MooseDuck said:

Anyone pleased with the Ducks Young Guns I am very happy with guys like Comtois,Sherwood and Terry.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

The boys really stepped it up.  Looked out played in the first two periods and still in the game due to Gibson.  But seemed to take over in the 3rd period.  And a little luck (Montour) doesn't hurt along the way!  A good start (especially on the road) and one to build upon.  Let's Go Ducks!

1 minute ago, GiAnTFAN-ad1 said:

The boys really stepped it up.  Looked out played in the first two periods and still in the game due to Gibson.  But seemed to take over in the 3rd period.  And a little luck (Montour) doesn't hurt along the way!  A good start (especially on the road) and one to build upon.  Let's Go Ducks!

You can't blame them for the nerves get to them...I mean they are rookies.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

It did seem looking at the game live that a few times the young guys passes are not sharp and crisp.  Hopefully that will change as they develop.  Those types of passes might work in Junior or AHL but definitely not in today's NHL!  Still happy with how they are progressing.

8 hours ago, GiAnTFAN-ad1 said:

It did seem looking at the game live that a few times the young guys passes are not sharp and crisp.  Hopefully that will change as they develop.  Those types of passes might work in Junior or AHL but definitely not in today's NHL!  Still happy with how they are progressing.

I am too....it's glimpse of Ducks Future and Hockey in Orange County California. These Players will Light the Lamp for years to come.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

Edited by MooseDuck

Don't know if it is true, but CapFriendly has Steel, Sherwood, and Lundestrom all going back to the minors.

Are we getting other guys back? Does this mean Comtois will stay on for much longer?

Congratulations to Sherwood for his first NHL goal. Thought all the guys filled in nicely.

7 minutes ago, Southbayduck said:

Don't know if it is true, but CapFriendly has Steel, Sherwood, and Lundestrom all going back to the minors.

Are we getting other guys back? Does this mean Comtois will stay on for much longer?

Congratulations to Sherwood for his first NHL goal. Thought all the guys filled in nicely.

I saw that too. Nothing to confirm it though. Doesn't really make sense when the Ducks are playing back to backs.

8 hours ago, perry_mvp said:

I saw that too. Nothing to confirm it though. Doesn't really make sense when the Ducks are playing back to backs.

It does not at all...btw I am flying in this week will be taking in the Ducks 25th Anniversary celebrations.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BlazingEtem said:

Interesting move.

Not sure if we needed another Dmen, but he adds toughness so...yay?

Unless he’s another Bargain Bob special

There are currently 16 slide eligible players still on their clubs active rosters. Of those 16, both Rasmus Dahlin (BUF) & Maxime Comtois (ANA) sit at the 9 game mark, and as a result are now 1 game away from burning the first year off their EL contracts. https://www.capfriendly.com/slides 

DqHgqHGXcAAQXkg.jpg

@icemancometh Max Comtois and Isac Lundestrom are in Chicago with the Ducks. Comtois has played in nine games while Lundestrom has dressed in seven. Contract implications as this year on entry level would be triggered if they play in 10th game.

Comtois is tied for the Ducks lead in scoring with seven points in his nine games. Asked him maybe two or three days ago if he had been told anything by team and he said he hadn't.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Myuyum said:

I would be mad if Lundestrom is sent to minor league.

You would be even more mad if he was healthy scratched for 5 straight games down the road. Which is what will happen when everyone is healthy.

15 hours ago, Myuyum said:

I would be mad if Lundestrom is sent to minor league.

As good as he looks at times, he has still posted just one point in seven games - a secondary assist at that. His F/O% is also hovering around 30%.

per @icemancometh, Nick Ritchie has been added to the Active Roster and will play tonight. 

In addition, the #Ducks have placed Jakob Silfverberg on Injured Reserve. With Jakob on IR, Anaheim is not required to make any additional roster moves in order to make room for Ritchie.

Nick Ritchie skating with Ryan Getzlaf and Ricky Rakell at the #NHLDucks morning skate. Soooo ....

Looks like Comtoise will play game 10. 

With no practice yesterday, Ducks had full morning skate. The apparent lines:

Ritchie-Getzlaf-Rakell

Cogliano-Kesler-Lundestrom

Street-Henrique-Aberg

Comtois-Steel-Sherwood

Frankly, don't try to number or worry about which is which (1-4). Save yourself the stress.

8 minutes ago, Fisix said:

I didn't like what I saw of Aberg in the last game against Buff.  I'll reserve judgement for now.

Looks like Gibbons will be the scratch. I was t all that impressed with him either. 

11 minutes ago, Fisix said:

I didn't like what I saw of Aberg in the last game against Buff.  I'll reserve judgement for now.

You don't have to. He's been terrible in every game he's played for us so far.

1 hour ago, DuckFan4Life said:

Ritchie-Getzlaf-Rakell

Street-Henrique-Aberg

Comtois-Steel-Sherwood

Frankly, don't try to number or worry about which is which (1-4). Save yourself the stress.

So it's Henrique's day to try to push that boulder up the hill?  Poor Rico.

• Like 1

Ritchie-Getzlaf-Rakell

Street-Henrique-Aberg

Comtois-Steel-Sherwood

**Ah yes, the fine print 

• Like 1

Ritchie-Getzlaf-Rakell

Street-Henrique-Aberg

Comtois-Steel-Sherwood

Wow, these are garbage lines once again.

Instead of our #1C playing with 2 journeymen AHLers, now it's our 2C. At least Randy is showing progress!

After 8 game our Ducks are 5-3-1 11pts still First Place in Pacific Division. However watching two games in Anaheim There is Still Room for Improvement.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

Just read in the Athletic GM's aren't too concerned about burning a year off of an ELC (ie. Comtois). A bigger deal is if a player is on the NHL roster (not games played) for 40 games. "40 games on the NHL roster (not necessarily played) counts as one year's service toward the seven required for eventual UFA status."

Regarding Lundestrom (per Anaheim Calling podcast), he has the option of being sent back to the Swedish league, or to the AHL. It's his decision should the Ducks choose to send him down.

Edited by dukitup
  • Like 1

The Fowler - Manson pairing is quickly approaching disaster territory.

On the flip side, Schenn-Pettersson has probably been our most steady 3rd pairing in a long time. Neither will probably score 10pts this season, but they take care of business in their own end.

• Like 3