The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
DuckFan4Life

Ducks 2018-2019 Season

On 11/12/2018 at 3:31 PM, DuckFan4Life said:

I've been reading for the last few years that Fowler was better than appears, he just didn't have a good defensive partner. RC splits Manson and Lindholm, the Ducks best defensive pairing to put Manson with Fowler. The move has not improved Fowler's game and has worsened Manson's. What does that tell us? Maybe it wasn't just the partner's Fowler had; they just exposed his weaknesses? Manson is playing too much of his defensive game, the rest of his game is lacking? I don't like the defensive pairings. I understand that the rookies need to be spread out, but it's interesting that Lindholm and Montour get paired with the rookies and Fowler gets a veteran. Montour's game has also taken a turn for the worse. 

On the flip side, the Emingers are the reason Fowler excelled? Nothing on this team is working as is should be. And I would agree the defensive pairings are bonkers. Yet, I wouldn't point fingers at Fowler and Manson, who both know what they are crap. I forgot where I was going was with this. They both suck as pairing.

4 hours ago, poum said:

On the flip side, the Emingers are the reason Fowler excelled? Nothing on this team is working as is should be. And I would agree the defensive pairings are bonkers. Yet, I wouldn't point fingers at Fowler and Manson, who both know what they are crap. I forgot where I was going was with this. They both suck as pairing.

I think 4/42 have been much better since Manson's return from injury. Manson looks better, period.

51 minutes ago, perry_mvp said:

I think 4/42 have been much better since Manson's return from injury. Manson looks better, period.

Agreed! It was as if Manson needed just a mental break as much as the injury break.

16 minutes ago, Jasoaks said:

Agreed! It was as if Manson needed just a mental break as much as the injury break.

looks like to me...of course we hope Ducks Surge in the coming weeks.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

3 hours ago, perry_mvp said:

Agree that it has gotten better which is why it was inevitable that one get injured. 

I find it hard to believe that players who are young talented and skilled and were very good just a mere 2 years ago are all now sucking. Seriously that doesn’t make sense. It’s painfully obvious that it’s a broken system they are trying to play under RC. Change the coach and we see all these young D players back to being fantastic 

24 minutes ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

LA freeing up cap space beyond this season. Wonder if they’re trying to set the stage for a run at Nylander.

Do they have the D-man Toronto would want, though?

1 hour ago, gorbachav5 said:

The Kings traded Pearson for Hagelin.

Pearson had 0G/1A in 17 games for LA this season. Something was really wrong with him. Its amazing they even got Hagelin value for him. 

21 minutes ago, gotchabari said:

Do they have the D-man Toronto would want, though?

I’m sure that they would like Martinez or Muzzin but both are lefty’s and they have Gardiner and Reilly already. I don’t know if those guys are capable of playing on their opposite side. The other option might be Panarin who wants to play in a large market and won’t re-sign with Columbus. The Kings have been an offensive disaster and might feel the need to make a huge move to added a major offensive piece because Hagelin sure isn’t it lol.

44 minutes ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

I’m sure that they would like Martinez or Muzzin but both are lefty’s and they have Gardiner and Reilly already. I don’t know if those guys are capable of playing on their opposite side. The other option might be Panarin who wants to play in a large market and won’t re-sign with Columbus. The Kings have been an offensive disaster and might feel the need to make a huge move to added a major offensive piece because Hagelin sure isn’t it lol.

Gardiner is a UFA after this season and is likely going to want a big raise and a long-term deal. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets dealt before season's end to create more cap space. If he gets dealt, it would also make sense for Dubas to be scouting Larsson and Pettersson as potential 2nd pair replacements. As good as Toronto looks now, they're still a couple of years from where they want to be as an organization, and it would make some sense to think longer-term by adding a cost-controlled guy like Larsson. I agree that Muzzin and Martinez don't make sense for them though. Too old and too expensive for what they bring to the table.

58 minutes ago, dtsdlaw said:

Pearson had 0G/1A in 17 games for LA this season. Something was really wrong with him. Its amazing they even got Hagelin value for him. 

Gives me hope that one of our sub par performers could retrospectively bring us something more valuable than we had been thinking.

1 hour ago, DuckFan4Life said:

.@troyterry1997 has scored points in all nine games to begin his @theahl career, a club record. (6g, 7a, 13 pts) #LetsGoGulls

Boom! Perfect move to have sent him down. This is precisely what the intention is when young players are sent down to “build” on their skills. Hope he continues his positive development 

13 minutes ago, DuckFan4Life said:

Not a fan of this news!

Willy Palov @WillyPalov
FollowFollow @WillyPalov
More

Willy Palov Retweeted Mikaël Lalancette

Big news from @MLalancetteTVA - reporting Maxime Comtois will be reassigned to the Drummondville Voltigeurs by the Anaheim Ducks.

I’m fine with it. This was going to eventually happen when the Ducks got healthy up-front. Every other rookie prospect has been sent down.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, DuckFan4Life said:

Not a fan of this news!

Willy Palov @WillyPalov
FollowFollow @WillyPalov
More

Willy Palov Retweeted Mikaël Lalancette

Big news from @MLalancetteTVA - reporting Maxime Comtois will be reassigned to the Drummondville Voltigeurs by the Anaheim Ducks.

Why there? Are they a Duck affiliate? I don’t understand this move. If anything I thought he would go to the Gulls as he was kept up in the NHL past his 10 games. 

3 minutes ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

I’m fine with it. This was going to eventually happen when the Ducks got healthy up-front. Every other rookie prospect has been sent down.

But why to that junior team and why not to the AHL Gulls? 

5 minutes ago, RobD360 said:

Why there? Are they a Duck affiliate? I don’t understand this move. If anything I thought he would go to the Gulls as he was kept up in the NHL past his 10 games. 

He's 19 and played in North America last season. He can't stay with the Gulls. It's either juniors or Ducks but I thought once he played his 10 games he couldn't go back to juniors.

3 minutes ago, RobD360 said:

But why to that junior team and why not to the AHL Gulls? 

He isn’t eligible to fully play in the AHL until next year. He was allowed to play a limited amount of games in San Diego as part of a reconditioning stint after being on LTIR. After the stint is over, he either had to go back to the Ducks or be returned to juniors.

6 minutes ago, perry_mvp said:

He's 19 and played in North America last season. He can't stay with the Gulls. It's either juniors or Ducks but I thought once he played his 10 games he couldn't go back to juniors.

The 10-game mark just refers to burning up the first year of his ELC instead of letting it slide until next year.  They could have sent him back to juniors at any point but then couldn't re-call him until his junior season is over.

• Like 1

Just now, BombaysTripleDeke said:

The 10-game mark just refers to burning up the first year of his ELC instead of letting it slide until next year.  They could have sent him back to juniors at any point but then couldn't re-call him until his junior season is over.

Wow...This season. 

On 11/24/2018 at 4:43 PM, RobD360 said:

Volts Junior team is Q-league team that also Mooseheads are belong in. Trust me when I say this....I will keep an eye on Comotis and give you updates on how well he has done.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck