The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
DuckFan4Life

Ducks 2018-2019 Season

Just now, Pazonator said:

Why didn’t we keep Kossila, Ritchie , and gibbons together? They played great for two games 

Ritchie was pretty much a part of every line for those two games.  Aberg gave that line a bit of a pop at times yesterday, but also played elsewhere.

It was Cogs who ended up getting actual 4th line TOI, which I didn't notice much in game.  I hope he wasn't hurt, but maybe it was just the tendency for goals to die on his stick.    

24 minutes ago, MooseDuck said:

Volts Junior team is Q-league team that also Mooseheads are belong in. Trust me when I say this....I will keep an eye on Comotis and give you updates on how well he has done.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

Cool! Thanks Moose!

19 minutes ago, gotchabari said:

Ritchie was pretty much a part of every line for those two games.  Aberg gave that line a bit of a pop at times yesterday, but also played elsewhere.

It was Cogs who ended up getting actual 4th line TOI, which I didn't notice much in game.  I hope he wasn't hurt, but maybe it was just the tendency for goals to die on his stick.    

I thought those three were great though! Ritchie was actually getting in on the forecheck and causing turn overs while Kossila and gibbons were being pesky. All 3 of them got together for a beautiful goal a couple games ago

On 11/26/2018 at 4:31 PM, RobD360 said:

Cool! Thanks Moose!

Don't mention it...I am always here to help my fellow Ducks Fans in OC.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

5 hours ago, Shadowduck said:

Does that mean someone is coming back from injury? Or are the Ducks bringing up another prospect?

Who knows...It won't surprise if another Young Duck takes over that spot.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

6 hours ago, Shadowduck said:

Does that mean someone is coming back from injury? Or are the Ducks bringing up another prospect?

Sustr is being sent back down and Mahura is being brought back up according to Cap Friendly.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, perry_mvp said:

Sustr is being sent back down and Mahura is being brought back up according to Cap Friendly.

that was a short stay.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

40 minutes ago, dtsdlaw said:

Obviously a move to make room for Nylander...

But that’s if someone actually takes Ben off waiver for us. As a team picked him up? 

Per AHL website, lots of movement with Ducks. Troy Terry, Max Jones and Andrej Sustr have been called up from @SDGullsAHL. Kiefer Sherwood and Jake Dotchin, who weren't at practice, sent down. Patrick Eaves goes to San Diego on conditioning loan.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DuckFan4Life said:

Per AHL website, lots of movement with Ducks. Troy Terry, Max Jones and Andrej Sustr have been called up from @SDGullsAHL. Kiefer Sherwood and Jake Dotchin, who weren't at practice, sent down. Patrick Eaves goes to San Diego on conditioning loan.

Yep, the ducks are getting faster with Sustr back.  Yep.

19 minutes ago, DuckFan4Life said:

WTF is the deal with Sherwood?  Did he piddle someone off?  He was my Cogs replacement, and they're shipping him down?  $^&#$!!!

I just hope the kids don't get ruined by the losing atmosphere that's following this team around.  Unlike the Devin Shore era, I am excited to see what Max Jones can do.

30 minutes ago, DuckFan4Life said:

Love this..  Perfect opp for them to play 35 games and make rookie mistakes w/o worrying about making the playoffs

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fisix said:

WTF is the deal with Sherwood?  Did he piddle someone off?  He was my Cogs replacement, and they're shipping him down?  $^&#$!!!

And that’s where he wrong. 

53 minutes ago, JiggyToTheCup said:

Love this..  Perfect opp for them to play 35 games and make rookie mistakes w/o worrying about making the playoffs

This is a great way to look at it. 

• Like 2

this season being 25th I believe is reminder to the Ducks and all Ducks Fans...Nothing is easy,everything must be faced with Perseverance. Are going to Make the Playoffs?....Look I am no expert but IF we don't then WE should understand that..IF we do Hey it's good. But First thing first...This team is Flawed and NEEDS not only "Retooling" but REBUILD and Revitalize in Coaching Change and Vision towards the Future. Call it Transition or Setback...I CALL it a step back to Refocus and Reasset Players,Coaches and MANAGEMENT. I understand all of you ARE frustrated and angry as I am...But I rather have this team do whatever they can to make the Playoffs ate least try IF not then Ducks must move on to ensure things go smoothly.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

Gulls have 18 points in the last 20 games. What I see as the major differences in the Ducks and Gulls. The quote below has been said by a number of Gulls players. 

"Every game is its own, any team can win on any given night. At the same time, when you’re feeling good, you’re feeling good. We are going into games and guys are having a lot of fun at the rink so that’s a part of it too." - Sam Steel

And from the coach.

"I think we saw flashes of what this team can be if we’re willing to keep our shifts very short. We’re able to just turn four lines over and it turns into a very tough matchup game for the other team." - head coach Dallas Eakins

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DuckFan4Life said:

Gulls have 18 points in the last 20 games. What I see as the major differences in the Ducks and Gulls. The quote below has been said by a number of Gulls players. 

"Every game is its own, any team can win on any given night. At the same time, when you’re feeling good, you’re feeling good. We are going into games and guys are having a lot of fun at the rink so that’s a part of it too." - Sam Steel

And from the coach.

"I think we saw flashes of what this team can be if we’re willing to keep our shifts very short. We’re able to just turn four lines over and it turns into a very tough matchup game for the other team." - head coach Dallas Eakins

18 points in the last 20 games...could that be a typo...didn't the Gulls go unbeaten in 15 straight?

38 minutes ago, GiAnTFAN-ad1 said:

18 points in the last 20 games...could that be a typo...didn't the Gulls go unbeaten in 15 straight?

Should have said points in the last 18 of 20. 

If Ducks want to obtain some good prospects and high draft picks, the should listen to the offers for most expensive but least productive players who still have some trade values: Cam Fowler and Adam Henrique.

Edited by FanSince1993

3 hours ago, DuckFan4Life said:

And from the coach.

Two things that are a stark difference with RC who prefers to have his top players out on the ice as long as possible and relying on mostly the top lines with the most minutes leaving everyone to ask why even have a 4th line at all.... It’s no wonder his system is getting smoked. 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, FanSince1993 said:

If Ducks want to obtain some good prospects and high draft picks, the should listen to the offers for most expensive but least productive players who still have some trade values: Cam Fowler and Adam Henrique.

Ducks are not in a formal rebuild (yet), next year they will be stacked with good young talent coupled with a new coach who will hopefully better utilize our D and boom ... right back in it. But this only happens with retaining good talent. 

• Like 1