The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
Sign in to follow this  
Retire9

Fowler's History

In an attempt to make everyone feel old. 

Fowler will be the all time leader in scoring by a defensemen with 14 more points, passing Niedermayer. Also by the end of the season he might be able to surpass Bobby Ryan as the number 6 all time leading scorer with 49 points.

Just in case you guys were curious.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Retire9 said:

Fowler will be the all time leader in scoring by a defensemen with 14 more points, passing Niedermayer. Also by the end of the season he might be able to surpass Bobby Ryan as the number 6 all time leading scorer with 49 points.

Wow. Really? That’s a big feat. 

Is it bad that I immediately got a little angry when I saw this thread title? I automatically assumed it was going to be a recap of all the vicious cheapshots he's taken over the years. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Retire9 said:

Here’s one more for you - if Fowler plays 50 more games this season he jumps PK and Rucchin into 4th place for games played in a Ducks sweater. Wow.

• Like 3

Never a fan of the NHL giving out two assists on a goal.Or calling an assist scoring ,there is only one scorer the guy that puts the puck in the net.

1 hour ago, mulcher said:

Never a fan of the NHL giving out two assists on a goal.Or calling an assist scoring ,there is only one scorer the guy that puts the puck in the net.

I assume this is sarcasm.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, mulcher said:

I actually don’t like it either. It can be confusing to new fans imo.  Sometimes it catches me off guard seeing “scoring leaders” and it’s nit actual goals 

On 10/17/2018 at 5:28 PM, Retire9 said:

Really wow...I am only 38 and follow this team as many has done for 25 years. Amazing not that long ago he was this young 19 year old we remember.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Retire9 said:

He isn't playing but Fowler is now tied with Andy MaC and only 5 points behind Scotty.

Incredible. Even when injured Fowler is still getting points. Now that is something 

On 10/18/2018 at 6:09 PM, mulcher said:

I don’t have a problem with that but I do think when it’s an own goal, the last player to touch it on the opposing team shouldn’t get credit for a goal. Do it like soccer and call it an own goal and no credit. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jiggy2win said:

I don’t have a problem with that but I do think when it’s an own goal, the last player to touch it on the opposing team shouldn’t get credit for a goal. Do it like soccer and call it an own goal and no credit. 

I would not be a fan of this for a couple reasons.  First, players with more points is just more fun.  I'd love to get back to the days where you'd have several players putting up 100 points in a season.

Second, it's very rare in hockey for a true own goal to be scored that's not influenced by the attacking team in some way.  Normally these goals are at least indirectly the result of pressure from the offense causing the defense to be out of position or make a bad play.  On Kase's goal against the Devils, for example, that puck might have gone in anyway if Greene didn't swat it, or Ritchie might have put it in had Greene let it drop.  Someone on the Ducks should get credit for that, and the last guy to touch it seems the best candidate.

I could see giving no credit to an individual if a team has full control of a puck and inadvertently puts it in their own neck via unforced error, but those are so rare that I don't think it's worth changing the scoring rules for it. 

• Like 1

On 10/17/2018 at 4:47 PM, PetrSykora said:

Is it bad that I immediately got a little angry when I saw this thread title? I automatically assumed it was going to be a recap of all the vicious cheapshots he's taken over the years. 

This thread has done this to me twice now... <_<

On 10/18/2018 at 3:09 PM, mulcher said:

Hey, I'm still sore they got rid of the tie.....

11 hours ago, gorbachav5 said:

I would not be a fan of this for a couple reasons.  First, players with more points is just more fun.  I'd love to get back to the days where you'd have several players putting up 100 points in a season.

Second, it's very rare in hockey for a true own goal to be scored that's not influenced by the attacking team in some way.  Normally these goals are at least indirectly the result of pressure from the offense causing the defense to be out of position or make a bad play.  On Kase's goal against the Devils, for example, that puck might have gone in anyway if Greene didn't swat it, or Ritchie might have put it in had Greene let it drop.  Someone on the Ducks should get credit for that, and the last guy to touch it seems the best candidate.

I could see giving no credit to an individual if a team has full control of a puck and inadvertently puts it in their own neck via unforced error, but those are so rare that I don't think it's worth changing the scoring rules for it. 

Luckily for us the NHL uses this method otherwise our Cup winning goal would have been scored by Chris Philips or Ray Emery.

I also remember somebody putting it in their own net on a delayed PP. I think it was Carolina a couple of years ago. Hard to celebrate when you get credited for that goal :lol:

17 hours ago, MooseDuck said:

Wonder if Fowler is candidate to be the Ducks Next Captain?.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

NO. No leadership skills, too soft, does not lead by example. Getzlaf should be extended after his current contract runs out, and he should stay as a captain for the next few years.

• Like 1

With a 7-1-0 mark in their last eight games and have gone 9-2-0 in their last 11. They've also won four straight on the road, tying the NHL's longest active road winning streak and the team's longest since Feb. 13-March 5, 2016 (6-0-0). The Ducks have outscored the opposition 16-4 in the third period and overtime in their last eight games.

We don't need any of the injured back if they keep winning like they are!

5 hours ago, FanSince1993 said:

NO. No leadership skills, too soft, does not lead by example. Getzlaf should be extended after his current contract runs out, and he should stay as a captain for the next few years.

How bout Hampus.....Look we have to look ahead...Getzlaf won't be around as Ducks Captain who knows.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

On 12/14/2018 at 7:55 PM, MooseDuck said:

Wonder if Fowler is candidate to be the Ducks Next Captain?.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

He lost his "A" to Manson this offseason

23 hours ago, FanSince1993 said:

NO. No leadership skills

Sorry but as you’re not in the locker room, how can you possibly know this? There must be a reason he’s regularly worn the A. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Retire9 said:

He lost his "A" to Manson this offseason

He only wore the A last year when Kesler was out so how could he lose it? He wasn’t one of the regular captains. 

13 minutes ago, nieder said:

He only wore the A last year when Kesler was out so how could he lose it? He wasn’t one of the regular captains. 

Cam wore the "A" as a fill in last year so the assumption would be he would also do the same this season. Technically, he did't lose the "A" to Manson but, there must be a reason RC gave it to Manson.

2 hours ago, DuckFan4Life said:

Cam wore the "A" as a fill in last year so the assumption would be he would also do the same this season. Technically, he did't lose the "A" to Manson but, there must be a reason RC gave it to Manson.

But Cam, Rico and Kesler have been rotating it, right?

On 12/16/2018 at 0:08 PM, nieder said:

Because even with Kesler and Perry out at the beginning of the year he did not wear the "A". Believe I saw Manson, Cogs and some Silfverberg. Before he went out it was Manson wearing it over Fowler while Perry was out.

So my guess is, he was not voted in this year by the team or he didn't want it.

On 12/16/2018 at 3:08 PM, nieder said:

But Cam, Rico and Kesler have been rotating it, right?

Rico, Silf, Manson, Kesler and Cogs rotated when Getz was out. When everyone was healthy it was Getz, Kes and Manson.