DucksFan_08

Trouble on the horizon for RC?

773 posts in this topic

It's not very often that I would call for a coach to be released during a season because 9 times out of 10 it is a player effort issue more than an X's and O's issue. That said, it has become painfully obvious that the players are not even close to selling out for this coach any longer and you can do one of two things at this point.
1) send a message by trading a player who is popular in the room

2) release the coach and wish him luck

One of the two will be happening within a week is my guess.
Tough next 3 games.

Well, they're all tough for this group but the next 3 are especially tough.

This is ridiculous. Screw the next 3 games.  He should be gone like right now. There's too much talent on this team to be playing like this.  

3 people like this

3 hours ago, RobD360 said:

Event Horizon

"Mr. Trebeck, I'll take 'Movies That Will Haunt You For the Rest Of Your Days', for 500."

1 person likes this

5 hours ago, DucksFan_08 said:

This is ridiculous. Screw the next 3 games.  He should be gone like right now. There's too much talent on this team to be playing like this.  

Yes but they have a built in excuse already: injuries, it’s not Carlyle’s fault 

1 hour ago, Jiggy2win said:

They were far more damaged at this point last season but that team (led by Perry, Wagner, and a guy who never scored an NHL goal in ~100 games prior to that year) would likely still run over these Ducks. At least they played with some pride.

Injuries is no excuse anymore. Besides Kase, there is nobody else injured that would make any impace to improve this team.  Perry would just fit in with the terrible passing and turn overs

2 people like this

As I mentioned before in one of my previous posts, BM and RC are close friends; nothing going to happen to RC unless Ducks go on 25 games loosing streak. And here is the time when it comes to the ownership decision: I had a chance to listen Henry Samueli's speech at Broadcom, back at a time when our office was located in Irvine. He made an impression of a very intelligent, bright man, with zero tolerance for mediocrity. I am sure he and his wife watch the games once in a while, and I wonder, how much longer he'll let this situation go on?

It is not just the next 3 very tough games, the rest of the month is tough ending with a road trip .As I said last month I just don't see where we have a sure banker two points out of any of these teams this month.

Murray will need a new good coach  to turn this ship around orget involved in trades, trade away a dman anything to shake things up.

1 hour ago, FanSince1993 said:

As I mentioned before in one of my previous posts, BM and RC are close friends; nothing going to happen to RC unless Ducks go on 25 games loosing streak.

You've mentioned that before, yes, but you haven't explained how it HAPPENED once before, even though they are friends.

Why wouldn't it happen this time?

2 people like this

5 hours ago, Jiggy2win said:

And this is the problem with management at this point.  Injuries are not a legitimate excuse.  Perry will not be back in the lineup until March, at the earliest.  It's very possible that he may be out for the entire season.  You mean to tell me that this team will start playing regular season hockey in March?  When the team is healthy?  Newsflash:  NHL regular season started in October, you can't just wait until March for everyone to get healthy and then compete.  It just won't happen.

2 people like this

3 hours ago, FanSince1993 said:

As I mentioned before in one of my previous posts, BM and RC are close friends; nothing going to happen to RC unless Ducks go on 25 games loosing streak. And here is the time when it comes to the ownership decision: I had a chance to listen Henry Samueli's speech at Broadcom, back at a time when our office was located in Irvine. He made an impression of a very intelligent, bright man, with zero tolerance for mediocrity. I am sure he and his wife watch the games once in a while, and I wonder, how much longer he'll let this situation go on?

when did "losing" become "loosing?" 

4 minutes ago, JiggyToTheCup said:

when did "losing" become "loosing?" 

The Ducks have added that to the hockey repertoire as in "the Ducks play in the defensive zone is extremely loose." Thus, they are not only losing games but loosing them as well?
That's the best I got.

2 people like this

If the Ducks play in the Dzone is extemely loose.

RC get them some Immodium, nothing else is working ,maybe the suppository form would be best.

Would not be surprised if Cogs, Silfvernerg and Manson are shipped out soon. Cogs will be the first as part of the culture shock because Sherwood can replace him. Then Silf if they keep losing, finally Manson as part of a bigger trade. If they are gonna lose they might as well score a bunch while doing it.

1 hour ago, Retire9 said:

Would not be surprised if Cogs, Silfvernerg and Manson are shipped out soon. Cogs will be the first as part of the culture shock because Sherwood can replace him. Then Silf if they keep losing, finally Manson as part of a bigger trade. If they are gonna lose they might as well score a bunch while doing it.

They just extended Cogs.  I don't think he would go.  Of the 3 you mentioned, Silfverberg would be the most likely.  I can't see them letting go of Manson either.  If they were to shed payroll, they would look elsewhere.

Someone commented on how poorly Silfverberg played yesterday.  So true.  He couldn't field a pass.  His turn over led to the goal by Minnesota.  

The two goals they gave up when the opposing player was having a cup of coffee behind the ducks net were in my mind, unforgivable.  Talk about zero pressure.  The other thing that bugs me is they are content to just literally give the puck to the opposition and go for a change.  At the very least, they could give it to a team mate.  They have no system, no charisma, nothing that indicates this is going to improve.  Anytime soon.

No way am I paying to see that in person.

No way.

Maybe ownership will take notice.  It's always about the money.

1 hour ago, HockeyIzCool said:

They just extended Cogs.  I don't think he would go.  Of the 3 you mentioned, Silfverberg would be the most likely.  I can't see them letting go of Manson either.  If they were to shed payroll, they would look elsewhere.

I think the only real reason Cogs was extended was because of the streak and....he was suspended right after he signed it. With the team playing like it is, it might be a hard sell for trading the guys that don't have clauses. Silf could be a trade deadline deal but if the Ducks want something now they need to give up a defenseman. The title of this thread is trouble on the horizon for RC, it should include BM.

1 person likes this

29 minutes ago, perry_mvp said:

I think the only real reason Cogs was extended was because of the streak and....he was suspended right after he signed it. With the team playing like it is, it might be a hard sell for trading the guys that don't have clauses. Silf could be a trade deadline deal but if the Ducks want something now they need to give up a defenseman. The title of this thread is trouble on the horizon for RC, it should include BM.

I don't think they deserve to go but they are the only realistic trade options. Kesler, Getzlaf and Perry aren't going anywhere. Neither are Fowler or Lindholm. They want to see what Ritche, Kase and Montour turn into. That leaves Eaves, Silf, Cogs, Manson and the rest of the spare parts. BM said there would be a change of play it's time to prove it. Trade the tradeable assets and force the youth into permanent ice time. Go out and get Nylander and coach Q, and let him start fresh with the kids.

34 minutes ago, perry_mvp said:

Cogs is also game in and game out one of the hardest working players on the team. The streak is nice...but he was extended for his work ethic beyond anything else.

1 person likes this

2 minutes ago, Jasoaks said:

Cogs is also game in and game out one of the hardest working players on the team. The streak is nice...but he was extended for his work ethic beyond anything else.

He was extended for three years which would have been in the time frame for him to break the streak. I don't think anyone including myself is questioning his work ethic but I think the management valued the streak promotion as well. 

11 minutes ago, Retire9 said:

Go out and get Nylander and coach Q

Nylander is going to require a pretty good amount of cap space to open up. Bob has about three weeks to sell that to Toronto and the Nylander camp. Like with coach Q, I don't think it's going to happen.

1 minute ago, perry_mvp said:

He was extended for three years which would have been in the time frame for him to break the streak. I don't think anyone including myself is questioning his work ethic but I think the management valued the streak promotion as well. 

Nylander is going to require a pretty good amount of cap space to open up. Bob has about three weeks to sell that to Toronto and the Nylander camp. Like with coach Q, I don't think it's going to happen.

I agree....the most important thing about both of these guys is they will need to WANT to play here. Bob wont be pursuing Nylander unless he knows Nylander will sign with us...which i would think is not happening. And same with Joel Q....just kinda dont get the feeling he'll be looking to coach this sort of aging sort of young not really any giant exciting future (i.e. Kane, or McDavid, or Matthews, or Laine etc... level of player) team we have right now.

1 person likes this

6 minutes ago, perry_mvp said:

I know it won't but it's about time Murry lives up to his promises to change

1 person likes this

Loss last night says alot about the Flaws our Ducks have endure...Being outshot various time is not only unacceptable but SHAMEFUL. IF this continues RC needs to be let go and held accountable. This supposed "New" System is flawed.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Jasoaks said:

I agree....the most important thing about both of these guys is they will need to WANT to play here. Bob wont be pursuing Nylander unless he knows Nylander will sign with us...which i would think is not happening. And same with Joel Q....just kinda dont get the feeling he'll be looking to coach this sort of aging sort of young not really any giant exciting future (i.e. Kane, or McDavid, or Matthews, or Laine etc... level of player) team we have right now.

I could see the pro (and cons) for JQ signing most notabley having a vezina worthy goaltender and a young skilled D we do have and older core but also have some nice young pieces too. 

Nylander is a Swede and without fact checking I think we prob have one of the highest Swede counts on the team. So I don’t think the issue will be entirely him not wanting to be here but moreso if Bob can make it work. 

RC was trying lots of line combos last game. I would love to see these.

Eaves- Getzlaf - Henrique. Eaves is getting stronger and can get to the front of the net. Henrique will be better with better players.

Cogliano - Kesler- Rakell. Cogliano seems snakebite with his shots, but the puck finds him and he can skate and pass. Rakell can get open in the offensive zone.

Ritchie - Lundestrom - Silfverberg. Lundestrom has been a good surprise.

Aberg - Carrick - Sherwood. Carrcik plays with an edge, Sherwood is always moving and Aberg can find the net. 

1 person likes this

Anyone think that if he sensed a sinking ship, Kesler would agree to a trade?  Especially if it was to a contender?  At this point, I would think he wants to win the Cup before his time passes.  If the Ducks are about to fire their coach, perhaps the GM, and need to shed salary, would he agree to a trade for some prospects, which would be a win-win for both?

I don't see how the Ducks save a whole lot of salary by trading guys like Cogliano or Manson?  Though clearly, they both would find takers, since their value outweighs their cost IMO.

22 minutes ago, HockeyIzCool said:

Anyone think that if he sensed a sinking ship, Kesler would agree to a trade?  Especially if it was to a contender?  At this point, I would think he wants to win the Cup before his time passes.  If the Ducks are about to fire their coach, perhaps the GM, and need to shed salary, would he agree to a trade for some prospects, which would be a win-win for both?

I don't see how the Ducks save a whole lot of salary by trading guys like Cogliano or Manson?  Though clearly, they both would find takers, since their value outweighs their cost IMO.

Maybe a team like Carolina since they don't have much sandpaper in the line-up. It's kind of a hard sell with his hip though. Justin Williams contract is up after this season and Kesler could slide into that leadership role with the Canes. If Kes is traded, I hope it's to the east coast.

11 hours ago, RobD360 said:

I could see the pro (and cons) for JQ signing most notabley having a vezina worthy goaltender and a young skilled D we do have and older core but also have some nice young pieces too. 

Nylander is a Swede and without fact checking I think we prob have one of the highest Swede counts on the team. So I don’t think the issue will be entirely him not wanting to be here but moreso if Bob can make it work. 

Well that does give me hope...i thought about Gibson being the only real draw, but yeah, our D is pretty desirable. Hmmm...and I didn't think about the swede connection.

20 hours ago, wataduk said:

The Ducks have added that to the hockey repertoire as in "the Ducks play in the defensive zone is extremely loose." Thus, they are not only losing games but loosing them as well?
That's the best I got.

Well Ducks Defensive Style of Loosing needs to be back prior to this form of Loosing.....Gibson is tired of seeing Hampus,Cam and Monty getting loose.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

Edited by MooseDuck