DucksFan_08

Trouble on the horizon for RC?

773 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, perry_mvp said:

Maybe a team like Carolina since they don't have much sandpaper in the line-up. It's kind of a hard sell with his hip though. Justin Williams contract is up after this season and Kesler could slide into that leadership role with the Canes. If Kes is traded, I hope it's to the east coast.

Assuming Kesler would even agree to a trade, I just can’t see a team actually wanting to trade for him given his contract and health issues. Not to mention that his play has been mediocre at best since his hip surgery. All of the leadership in the world isn’t worth almost $7 mil for 3 more seasons. The Ducks would assuredly have to retain half his salary and give up picks/prospects for a team to take him. My guess is that the only way Kesler doesn’t finish out his contract in Anaheim is if he’s bought out before the Seattle expansion draft.

Edited by BombaysTripleDeke

49 minutes ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

Assuming Kesler would even agree to a trade, I just can’t see a team actually wanting to trade for him given his contract and health issues. Not to mention that his play has been mediocre at best since his hip surgery. All of the leadership in the world isn’t worth almost $7 mil for 3 more seasons. The Ducks would assuredly have to retain half his salary and give up picks/prospects for a team to take him. My guess is that the only way Kesler doesn’t finish out his contract in Anaheim is if he’s bought out before the Seattle expansion draft.

The question was thrown out if Kesler didn't think a Cup was possible in Anaheim would he ask for a trade and if so where to. I added that with his hip injury would be kind of a hard sell but a team like Carolina that has the space might be a team that takes a chance. Even if Anaheim retains half of his salary, that's better than his full salary and it also free's up a player that can be protected for the next expansion draft.

1 person likes this

45 minutes ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

I would buyout Perry before Kesler

1 person likes this

17 hours ago, RobD360 said:

I could see the pro (and cons) for JQ signing most notabley having a vezina worthy goaltender and a young skilled D we do have and older core but also have some nice young pieces too. 

I can think of 6 million reasons why the Ducks will never even think about signing Coach Q.

Aim lower ciz it ain't EVER gonna happen.

1 person likes this

16 hours ago, HockeyIzCool said:

Anyone think that if he sensed a sinking ship, Kesler would agree to a trade?

Not a chance.
He'll never get out of his contract for hosting the immortal "Between The Zambonis" hit TV show.

Kes stays!

1 hour ago, perry_mvp said:

The question was thrown out if Kesler didn't think a Cup was possible in Anaheim would he ask for a trade and if so where to. I added that with his hip injury would be kind of a hard sell but a team like Carolina that has the space might be a team that takes a chance. Even if Anaheim retains half of his salary, that's better than his full salary and it also free's up a player that can be protected for the next expansion draft.

But wouldn't Carolina or any team that trades for Kesler then have to protect him in the expansion draft because of his NMC? I think that they do unless he agrees to waive it for the expansion draft, so I don't know why a team would trade and waste a protection slot on him. Until the Ducks get new coaching and make some roster improvements, a Cup isn't possible in Anaheim but Carolina is also still a ways away from being a contending team. They are also cutting costs and being much more budget conscious under their new owner. The other big hiccup in trading Kesler is that they Ducks would have to throw in sweetners to move him on top of salary retention. Would you give up one of our better prospects just to move half of Kesler's salary? If so, then who? Kesler has a VERY bad contract and team's are not going to do Murray any favors.

45 minutes ago, RobD360 said:

That was my thinking until we found out just how bad Kesler's hip was and how his game hasn't recovered since then. Perry is still a 50 point player and if he can have that kind of effectiveness when he returns then I'd keep Perry. He at least can provide some offense and his contract expires a year before Kesler's. As with almost everything else surrounding the team....who knows at this point?

Edited by BombaysTripleDeke

13 minutes ago, wataduk said:

Not a chance.
He'll never get out of his contract for hosting the immortal "Between The Zambonis" hit TV show.

Kes stays!

He stays if he can get the elusive Corey Perry on the show. Kesler has a better chance of catching a Perry on crutches now.

1 person likes this

3 minutes ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

But wouldn't Carolina or any team that trades for Kesler then have to protect him in the expansion draft because of his NMC? I think that they do unless he agrees to waive it for the expansion draft, so I don't know why a team would trade and waste a protection slot on him. Until the Ducks get new coaching and make some roster improvements, a Cup isn't possible in Anaheim but Carolina is also still a ways away from being a contending team. They are also cutting costs and being much more budget conscious under their new owner. The other big hiccup in trading Kesler is that they Ducks would have to thrown in sweetners to move him on top of salary retention. Would you give up one of our better prospects just to move half of Kesler's salary? If so, then who? Kesler has a VERY bad contract and team's are not going to do Murray any favors.

I don't think he''ll be traded or bought out nor do I think Perry will be traded or bought out. Who's going trade for Kesler with a bad hip or Perry with a bum knee? Carolina was just an example that has cap space and MAYBE a need for some grit and leadership in the line up. Could they get grit and leadership at a lower price? Sure they could.

I would say Carolina is better Cup contender at the moment than Anaheim is.

2 minutes ago, perry_mvp said:

I don't think he''ll be traded or bought out nor do I think Perry will be traded or bought out. Who's going trade for Kesler with a bad hip or Perry with a bum knee? Carolina was just an example that has cap space and MAYBE a need for some grit and leadership in the line up. Could they get grit and leadership at a lower price? Sure they could.

I would say Carolina is better Cup contender at the moment than Anaheim is.

I absolutely agree that neither will be traded and that the question is going to be which one gets bought out before the expansion draft. I just think that the certainty is as close to 100% as you can get. Also agree that Carolina is in a better position to contend for a Cup than the Ducks going forward. 

Scoring has been a problem so far. Our leading point getter right now is Rakell with 12 points in 18 games (yikes). However, S33 has 10pts in 13 games and Getzlaf has 11pts in 12 games so its not like they are completely devoid of offensive skill. 

That said, our leading goal scorer right now is Pontus Aberg and S33 with 5 goals. That is a problem. One of those was a waiver pickup, and the other is playing in a contract year. 

I think this team misses Perry and Kase more than they realize. While Perry isn't going to be a 50 goal scorer ever again, he definitely took pressure of Rakell, and it shows that Ricky misses him with 3 goals in the first 18 games so far. 

I was expecting this to be the breakout season for Kase. Instead, who knows when he comes back.

1 person likes this

6 minutes ago, BlazingEtem said:

Scoring has been a problem so far. Our leading point getter right now is Rakell with 12 points in 18 games (yikes). However, S33 has 10pts in 13 games and Getzlaf has 11pts in 12 games so its not like they are completely devoid of offensive skill. 

That said, our leading goal scorer right now is Pontus Aberg and S33 with 5 goals. That is a problem. One of those was a waiver pickup, and the other is playing in a contract year. 

I think this team misses Perry and Kase more than they realize. While Perry isn't going to be a 50 goal scorer ever again, he definitely took pressure of Rakell, and it shows that Ricky misses him with 3 goals in the first 18 games so far. 

I was expecting this to be the breakout season for Kase. Instead, who knows when he comes back.

Per Eric Stephens, baring a setback, Kase should make his season debut tomorrow. 

4 hours ago, RobD360 said:

Nobody is going to take Perry at least until he is off the injured list.  And even then, he'll have to get back up to speed before someone will take a chance on him.  If the Ducks are going to start shedding salary, they're not going to want to wait 4 more months until the deadline.

Perry is going to get less in return than even a post-hip surgery Kesler.  His game has diminished, and not worth his salary.  Also, Perry is much more joined at the hip with Getzlaf, and I think that would create more friction both within the team and with the fans than a Kesler trade would.

3 hours ago, HockeyIzCool said:

Nobody is going to take Perry at least until he is off the injured list.  And even then, he'll have to get back up to speed before someone will take a chance on him.  If the Ducks are going to start shedding salary, they're not going to want to wait 4 more months until the deadline.

Perry is going to get less in return than even a post-hip surgery Kesler.  His game has diminished, and not worth his salary.  Also, Perry is much more joined at the hip with Getzlaf, and I think that would create more friction both within the team and with the fans than a Kesler trade would.

He has a no trade clause. So trading him will prob not happen, hence the buyout. 

4 minutes ago, RobD360 said:

He has a no trade clause. So trading him will prob not happen, hence the buyout. 

A buyout of Perry will not happen either so its a mute point.

1 person likes this

7 hours ago, wataduk said:

I can think of 6 million reasons why the Ducks will never even think about signing Coach Q.

We wouldn't go from $4 mil to 6?  Like $2 mil is some huge increase?  We've wasted that much when taking shots on reconstruction projects.

I don't understand the certainty here.

1 person likes this

Speaking of Perry, I can picture him stuck on the couch watching this team fail at hockey every night and blowing up GMBM's phone like "Hey Bob, tell Carlyle he's gonna get it. You better tell him. Hey Bob, you better tell him. You're gonna get it too."

All I know is someone needs to get got.

3 people like this

2 hours ago, gotchabari said:

We wouldn't go from $4 mil to 6?  Like $2 mil is some huge increase?  We've wasted that much when taking shots on reconstruction projects.

I don't understand the certainty here.

Whoa, wait a second. Are you telling me that RC is making 4 mil a year?
I honestly have no idea what he is making but assumed it was around 2 mil.
Where did you find his salary? I googled to no avail.

Before we start talking again about trades and buyouts I want to see how the team performs under another coach. I believe this team is way too talented to miss The Playoffs. It doesn't have to be Q. I think there's enough players who'll reach a higher (their usual) level as long as it's not RC.

Every morning I wake up and hope to see he's gone. So far nothing. I'm puzzled.

6 hours ago, wataduk said:

Whoa, wait a second. Are you telling me that RC is making 4 mil a year?
I honestly have no idea what he is making but assumed it was around 2 mil.
Where did you find his salary? I googled to no avail.

I googled it and came up with a page that told me his net worth as well as present salary and listed it as $12m net and $4m salary.

https://www.celebritynetworth.com/richest-athletes/hockey/randy-carlyle-net-worth/

Edited by gotchabari

19 hours ago, wataduk said:

The Ducks don't have to pay him $6 million.  They need to work out a deal with Blackhawks.  The Blackhawks may say that they're not going to let him coach again for anything less than the full $6 million, but that seems awfully petty.  If the Ducks came to the Hawks and said they'd take the salary obligation off of their hands for $4 million, meaning the Hawks have to cover the other $2 million, the Hawks would listen.  The bottom line is that I don't think it will take the full $6 million from the Ducks.

On ‎11‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 7:58 PM, Southbayduck said:

RC was trying lots of line combos last game. I would love to see these.

Eaves- Getzlaf - Henrique. Eaves is getting stronger and can get to the front of the net. Henrique will be better with better players.

Cogliano - Kesler- Rakell. Cogliano seems snakebite with his shots, but the puck finds him and he can skate and pass. Rakell can get open in the offensive zone.

Ritchie - Lundestrom - Silfverberg. Lundestrom has been a good surprise.

Aberg - Carrick - Sherwood. Carrcik plays with an edge, Sherwood is always moving and Aberg can find the net. 

I like this mix a lot. And for Christ sake, stick with a mix a little longer than a few games and give them time to gel.

On 11/10/2018 at 6:56 PM, MooseDuck said:

Loss last night says alot about the Flaws our Ducks have endure...Being outshot various time is not only unacceptable but SHAMEFUL. IF this continues RC needs to be let go and held accountable. This supposed "New" System is flawed.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

There is no new system, BM and RC both got a huge break with all the injuries. They used it as an excuse to show the fan base that the kids were not ready. They put the young kids in for a few weeks and called it a new system and as they got healthy the kids all got sent down and now we have the same old roster as we did last year. Now RC will get another chance because the "new System" failed. Now all the young guys will go down to San Diego and continue to lose the same way Anaheim does while the Gulls continue to give up 4 goals a game. 

6 mill doesn't sound too bad for Quenneville a heck of a winning coach.. Nylander has turned down 6 mill in Toronto looking for 7 mill.

The Leafs have 20 days left to find a buyer Dubas has asked teams to indicate what they would offer and will not trade .Nylander has had back to back 61 points seasons.

22 minutes ago, Retire9 said:

There is no new system, BM and RC both got a huge break with all the injuries. They used it as an excuse to show the fan base that the kids were not ready. They put the young kids in for a few weeks and called it a new system and as they got healthy the kids all got sent down and now we have the same old roster as we did last year. Now RC will get another chance because the "new System" failed. Now all the young guys will go down to San Diego and continue to lose the same way Anaheim does while the Gulls continue to give up 4 goals a game. 

Good points.  All true.  Sad, but true. 

If I was a season ticket holder I would not be renewing.

Ownership take note.  I am not the only one who feels this way.

6b9687aba86eaf46c21548ef98d3925c.jpg

I googled it and came up with a page that told me his net worth as well as present salary and listed it as $12m net and $4m salary.

I stand corrected.
So RC is basically making double what Bruce was making with the Ducks?
SMH

Edited by wataduk

2 hours ago, gorbachav5 said:

The Ducks don't have to pay him $6 million.  They need to work out a deal with Blackhawks.  The Blackhawks may say that they're not going to let him coach again for anything less than the full $6 million, but that seems awfully petty.  If the Ducks came to the Hawks and said they'd take the salary obligation off of their hands for $4 million, meaning the Hawks have to cover the other $2 million, the Hawks would listen.  The bottom line is that I don't think it will take the full $6 million from the Ducks.

It's not my money so I say "heck ya, let's do it." Anything is better than the current situation.
But the Ducks would still be obliged to pay RC for the remainder of the season.
Not so sure the Samuellis would want to go there.

Edited by wataduk

2 hours ago, wataduk said:

It's not my money so I say "heck ya, let's do it." Anything is better than the current situation.

It feels like ownership don’t care about anything but money 

they sure didn’t do anything for Cogliano.

the only way to effect change is for the fans to stop coming to the games and stop buying their stuff 

Slow revenue stream leads to change 

3 minutes ago, hoxxey said:

It feels like ownership don’t care about anything but money 

they sure didn’t do anything for Cogliano.

the only way to effect change is for the fans to stop coming to the games and stop buying their stuff 

Slow revenue stream leads to change 

Newsflash: Many have stopped coming to games.

Not too many transplants here from Tennessee. My guess is maybe 70% capacity tonight.

18 hours ago, BlazingEtem said:

A buyout of Perry will not happen either so its a mute point.

"moot" point.

Right now, Q is the cheapest option to revamp the team.  any of the players y'all have mentioned in terms of buying out would be more expensive than kicking RC to the curb and paying Q what he's worth.

Close second - purchasing Nylander with a contract extension.

Every other option either costs way more or is just treading water.  We're 70% likely to tread water.  Ish. 

22 hours ago, wataduk said:

And Chicago would be obliged to pay JQ any difference less than 6 mil.  They may be able to work out a contract where year 1 is lower.