The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
DucksFan_08

Trouble on the horizon for RC?

43 minutes ago, perry_mvp said:

To me it's perfectly fine if Larsson takes longer. The Ducks organization is a mess right now. I have no expectations for this team to be a real contender until the messes start to weed themselves out. In the mean time, the young guys can grow their games and eventually be those players that we are hoping for. If not, then those situations resolve themselves eventually. It just takes time and patience.

Yeah, I'd like to see how's he developed after 2 full seasons in the league before saying he underachieved. If he's as legitimate Top-4 guy when it's all said and done then that is what ultimately matters. It would also give the Ducks another valuable trading chip. I think it's going to take a couple of painful for seasons before the Ducks can start contending again. They need to get elite talent up-front and get rid of the Perry, Kesler, and Eaves contracts. Getting a Top-5 pick in the draft could go a long way towards that. The way the Ducks are playing right now, they don't even need to try to tank to get it.

Edited by BombaysTripleDeke
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

Yeah, I'd like to see how's he developed after 2 full seasons in the league before saying he underachieved. If he's as legitimate Top-4 guy when it's all said and done then that is what ultimately matters. It would also give the Ducks another valuable trading chip. I think it's going to take a couple of painful for seasons before the Ducks can start contending again. They need to get elite talent up-front and get rid of the Perry, Kesler, and Eaves contracts. Getting a Top-5 pick in the draft could go a long way towards that. The way the Ducks are playing right now, they don't even need to try to tank to get it.

3/15 is a good way to get a top 5 player...

• Like 2

9 hours ago, perry_mvp said:

Why wouldn't someone with 15 total NHL games, especially a defenseman be over his head at times? Who else was on the ice for those E/S goals? I think the expectations are getting to be pretty high for Larsson.

I’m fine with where he is in his development. He’s young. He’s learning. He’ll figure it out. My expectations aren’t really that high yet so I’m not concerned. My point is more about the attitude of the organization at this point. Theo, Monty, Manson, Vats, they all were in and out of the lineup early on and spent time in the press box watching and learning, especially after bad games, and their minutes and matchups were carefully managed because this team was competitive and was all about winning and didn’t want to risk losing games due to rookie mistakes. But this season is clearly different for BM and RC. Prior to this season, BM would have been working the phones to find an Eric Brewer or Ben Lovejoy type plug as soon as Fowler went down, not waiving Schenn. And RC certainly wouldn’t have rookies paired together, at least not for this long, when he has capable veterans (Schenn and Sustr) available. But now that they realize this team isn’t competitive, they’re basically saying “screw it, just let the rookies play.”

As far as who else was on the ice for those E/S goals, go back and watch them. Most of them are the direct result of #32 getting beaten by his man or #32 taking a bad angle and not taking away a passing lane. Theo and Monty would have  been dining on popcorn the next game for those mistakes, back when this team was a contender.

• Like 3

The Ducks eventually have to have a season that gets them a top ten draft pick. That's one silver lining. The other is that the Ducks will only need a few seasons (when the Perry contract expires and frees up $) to get back to the playoffs as things currently stand. Not as rough a rebuild as the Blackhawks had after Roenick, Chelios, Amonte (sp?), and Belfour left town. 

16 minutes ago, dukitup said:

Yeo and now Todd McLellan fired. Your move Bob.

They fired McLellan?  The Oilers problem isn't the coach... the GM has only bought themselves some time... unless they're married to the owner's daughter?

Are Yeo or McLellan worth pursuing? I've never been impressed by either...so...I wouldn't think so. But I dunno. Every Oilers coach there seems to be screwed. Unless the Oilers get Joel Q...oh god...that might actually be scary. And I'm sure Joel Q wouldn't mind coaching McDavid. McDavid/Draisitle....similar to Kane/Toews

EDIT: nevermind, they hired Hitchcock. Well that's fascinating...I wonder why Hitchcock over JQ

Edited by Jasoaks
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jasoaks said:

EDIT: nevermind, they hired Hitchcock. Well that's fascinating...I wonder why Hitchcock over JQ

Edmonton native. He was probably the closest coach to the arena. Lol.

• Like 6

33 minutes ago, nieder said:

Edmonton native. He was probably the closest coach to the arena. Lol.

haha, they threw a dart into a crowd and got lucky it hit a coach

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, mulcher said:

Others teams are making trades hiring new coaches to get their teams going .We must be waiting for Santa.

Or Godot...

1 hour ago, mulcher said:

Others teams are making trades hiring new coaches to get their teams going .We must be waiting for Santa.

NOW THAT is an idea! Talk about making a statement with good ol’ Saint Nick behind the bench. Hockey is a winter sport and Santa is the preeminent guy for such season. Plus! Whenever they score a goal he starts throwing out gifts from the bench to the crowd! Sweet. Only problem is that BB may have been him already so, there’s that

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mulcher said:

If you put a Santa beard on Hitchcock then the resemblance is uncanny with old St. Nick. Edmonton beat us to the jolly fat man. If the Ducks want to hire the Grinch then they better start looking for Darryl Sutter.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, perry_mvp said:

If you put a Santa beard on Hitchcock then the resemblance is uncanny with old St. Nick. Edmonton beat us to the jolly fat man. If the Ducks want to hire the Grinch then they better start looking for Darryl Sutter.

Or tell Dallas Eakins to get ready...Cause things need to change asap. Sometimes I wish I was fly on the wall..Wondering if there are some divisions within the team.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, MooseDuck said:

Or tell Dallas Eakins to get ready...Cause things need to change asap. Sometimes I wish I was fly on the wall..Wondering if there are some divisions within the team.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

I think just about everyone here would love to be a fly on the wall(s) and no doubt there is some kind of division within the team.

8 hours ago, dukitup said:

Yeo and now Todd McLellan fired. Your move Bob.

How about Scotty or Prongs - take shot ands what they can do to the team and the LOCKER ROOM -couldn't hurt to try. IMHO

3 hours ago, perry_mvp said:

I think just about everyone here would love to be a fly on the wall(s) and no doubt there is some kind of division within the team.

How do you figure? I don't get any sense of that...but I don't really know how someone would.

2 minutes ago, Jasoaks said:

How do you figure? I don't get any sense of that...but I don't really know how someone would.

I didn't think it was possible, but I think Getzlaf has gotten even balder this season. He must have pulled out what little stubble he had left on his cranium.

2 hours ago, perry_mvp said:

Gibson and Miller vs. everyone else on the roster? The team has certainly played the season like they've got a grudge against those two :ph34r:

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, PetrSykora said:

Gibson and Miller vs. everyone else on the roster? The team has certainly played the season like they've got a grudge against those two :ph34r:

Just my observation and maybe it's just "coincidence" but more often than not, the team defense plays better in front Miller than Gibson. Not to say Miller hasn't faced a torrent of shots this season but it just looks like the veterans put in the extra effort for Miller. The rookies are rookies making rookie mistakes so I don't want to question them but the veterans are a different story.

1 hour ago, perry_mvp said:

Just my observation and maybe it's just "coincidence" but more often than not, the team defense plays better in front Miller than Gibson. Not to say Miller hasn't faced a torrent of shots this season but it just looks like the veterans put in the extra effort for Miller. The rookies are rookies making rookie mistakes so I don't want to question them but the veterans are a different story.

I'm sorry are you suggesting that the veterans have something against Gibson??? I just can't even begin to fathom that they are intentionally leaving him out to dry 'cause of some...internal locker room issue.

In my experience with that it, if they play stronger defensively, usually means the team doesn't trust the goalie as much. They play more conservative in front of Miller 'cause they need to, while they can afford to attempt higher risk plays when they have someone as strong as Gibson in the net. Trust me, being one of those goalies in my time, I've seen teams play much stronger defensively in front of me than with other goalies :P

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Jasoaks said:

I'm sorry are you suggesting that the veterans have something against Gibson??? I just can't even begin to fathom that they are intentionally leaving him out to dry 'cause of some...internal locker room issue.

In my experience with that it, if they play stronger defensively, usually means the team doesn't trust the goalie as much. They play more conservative in front of Miller 'cause they need to, while they can afford to attempt higher risk plays when they have someone as strong as Gibson in the net. Trust me, being one of those goalies in my time, I've seen teams play much stronger defensively in front of me than with other goalies :P

I'm not suggesting anything. Like I said, they look to be more responsible defensively with Miller. Whatever is going on in the locker room, we will not know but being a fly on the wall would be interesting.

Just now, perry_mvp said:

I'm not suggesting anything. Like I said, they look to be more responsible defensively with Miller. Whatever is going on in the locker room, we will not know but being a fly on the wall would be interesting.

Got it. Yeah, man...it would be really interesting. Or a fly in the phone of BM...just to hear what calls he's making to other GMs and vice versa.

I would be shocked if Quenneville isn't in St. Louis by the time I'm done eating pie on Thursday.  

I think McLellan is an upgrade on Carlyle, but I'm not as enamored of him as I was a few years ago.  I know Edmonton is a dumpster fire, but he still should have been able to get more than one fluke season out of that group.  If the Ducks fired Carlyle and hired McLellan, I'd be satisfied, but not pleased.

The worst move Murray could make is to fire Carlyle and hire Yeo.  If Yeo and Carlyle were in a competition to see who could play the most boring hockey, I'm not sure who would win.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, gorbachav5 said:

I would be shocked if Quenneville isn't in St. Louis by the time I'm done eating pie on Thursday.  

I think McLellan is an upgrade on Carlyle, but I'm not as enamored of him as I was a few years ago.  I know Edmonton is a dumpster fire, but he still should have been able to get more than one fluke season out of that group.  If the Ducks fired Carlyle and hired McLellan, I'd be satisfied, but not pleased.

The worst move Murray could make is to fire Carlyle and hire Yeo.  If Yeo and Carlyle were in a competition to see who could play the most boring hockey, I'm not sure who would win.

If it comes down to firing RC and hire someone new I wouldn't be upset if it turns out to be McLellan. Maybe he likes California and wants to come back. Quenneville would be great but that'll remain a pipe dream. I'd also put money on him ending up in St.-Louis. That is if he still wants to coach. I can see him do well with that group.

No thanks on Yeo.

1 hour ago, DucksFan_08 said:

If it comes down to firing RC and hire someone new I wouldn't be upset if it turns out to be McLellan. Maybe he likes California and wants to come back. Quenneville would be great but that'll remain a pipe dream. I'd also put money on him ending up in St.-Louis. That is if he still wants to coach. I can see him do well with that group.

No thanks on Yeo.

I am no on any of the retread coaches.  I would prefer going the Dave Quinn route like the Rangers.  Really shake things up.

10 hours ago, Jasoaks said:

Well if the ducks have something against Gibby he has company.

He hasn't had the most shots on goal there are many goalies in a close group Gibby is in there .

1. C.Andersen  Sens            670 shots against

2. J.Gibson  Ducks               585 

3. H.Lundquist  Rangers      543

4. F.Andersen  Leafs            540

23 minutes ago, mulcher said:

Well if the ducks have something against Gibby he has company.

He hasn't had the most shots on goal there are many goalies in a close group Gibby is in there .

1. C.Andersen  Sens            670 shots against

2. J.Gibson  Ducks               585 

3. H.Lundquist  Rangers      543

4. F.Andersen  Leafs            540

Haha I was JUST looking at these stats...thinking that the Ducks did a good job with Freddie...getting him properly prepared for the Leafs :P