The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
DucksFan_08

Trouble on the horizon for RC?

13 minutes ago, perry_mvp said:

What I don't get is how can they have a good first period like they did against the Pens and then just fall flat in the second period and then on for the rest of the game. What happens in the locker room in the first intermission? Are the guys in such bad condition that they can't play 60 minutes? I just don't get it.

I’ve been asking myself that question for over three seasons now.

I hope Anaheim is considering a coaching and GM change in the off season. Murray protecting his buddy Carlyle for the rest of the season is total incompetence.

• Like 5

FB is blowing up on the Ducks page with the GMBM statement...  

One of my faves...

Crapyle needs to go. Now.
Murray literally just threw his name into that ring now. 
Bring Eakins up to coaching already. Until then, way to waste our 25th anniversary year.

43 minutes ago, perry_mvp said:

I hope Anaheim is considering a coaching and GM change in the off season. Murray protecting his buddy Carlyle for the rest of the season is total incompetence.

Yep, but Murray just got an extension so he’s staying put. It’s amazing that the Ducks are only 1 point out of a playoff spot.

Can't say I expected a ten game losing streak. Perhaps RC and BM are on the hot seat again.

We've had longer winning streaks this season compared to last... but same goes for the losing streaks.

Edited by Thom-74

23 minutes ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

Yep, but Murray just got an extension so he’s staying put. It’s amazing that the Ducks are only 1 point out of a playoff spot.

Carlyle got an extension his first time around with Anaheim and was then fired. Maybe the Samueli's say to hell with and eat his contract? Just wishful thinking.

Carlyle after the Jets game:

"All of us, we can't be down. We can't change what happened. We can just continue to build on it and take it as a building block and a staple of how we're going to have to play and get ready for Detroit." - Ducks coach Randy Carlyle

So building on an 11 game losing streak is the plan? Yeah, you can change what happens moving forward but you're too stubborn to admit your system is horrible and lousy. But hey, your buddy said you're safe. Keep it rolling Carlyle.

1 hour ago, perry_mvp said:

Carlyle got an extension his first time around with Anaheim and was then fired. Maybe the Samueli's say to hell with and eat his contract? Just wishful thinking.

Hopefully, that’s the case. It wouldn’t be the first time a team lied about supporting a coach and then firing them shortly after. It’s just dumbfounding that Murray is supporting Carlyle to this extent.

I’d like to think that ownership went through all of the ins and outs before extending Murray. It would be an insane change in direction for them to fire him. He seems be much better at inspiring confidence from ownership than he is the fan base. It’s crazy how quickly Murray is burning through the capital and goodwill  that he’s built up over his tenure as GM.

1 hour ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

We're closer in points to the last place Kings(8) than we are to the 1st place Flames(17.)  Only 2 teams in the Conference have a worse Goal Differential than ours(-28).

1 minute ago, HockeyIzCool said:

We're closer in points to the last place Kings(8) than we are to the 1st place Flames(17.)  Only 2 teams in the Conference have a worse Goal Differential than ours(-28).

Oh, I’m not saying that it shouldn’t be done. After Carlyle’s tantrum after the Penguins game and Murray’s statement tonight, I’m on the side of Murray being fired. I just don’t see it happening. The Ducks play has been awful but they are pretty much right where many predicted they’d be in the standings (a bubble playoff team, being carried by Gibson)

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

Oh, I’m not saying that it shouldn’t be done. After Carlyle’s tantrum after the Penguins game and Murray’s statement tonight, I’m on the side of Murray being fired. I just don’t see it happening. The Ducks play has been awful but they are pretty much right where many predicted they’d be in the standings (a bubble playoff team, being carried by Gibson)

Murray and Carlyle aren’t going anywhere.  New coach is likely next season, and the rebuild retool will go on for about three seasons until those big contracts are shed.

45 minutes ago, Fowl said:

Murray and Carlyle aren’t going anywhere.  New coach is likely next season, and the rebuild retool will go on for about three seasons until those big contracts are shed.

That may be what prevents a change. Until the big contracts clear, and the expansion draft is done, it's not a situation most GM's and coaches are going to want to dive into. Maybe we can get some high draft picks along the way. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, JiggyToTheCup said:

FB is blowing up on the Ducks page with the GMBM statement...  

One of my faves...

Crapyle needs to go. Now.
Murray literally just threw his name into that ring now. 
Bring Eakins up to coaching already. Until then, way to waste our 25th anniversary year.

HF has some comedy gold going on the main board. My favorite was this guy who wrote a lengthy post using the 2011 the Rapture is Nye doomsday sayer.

12 hours ago, Thom-74 said:

Can't say I expected a ten game losing streak. Perhaps RC and BM are on the hot seat again.

We've had longer winning streaks this season compared to last... but same goes for the losing streaks.

No one expects the Spanish Inquisition.

• Like 2

Loyalty does not Win Championships...and Bob Murray is putting Loyality above the Ducks.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, MooseDuck said:

Loyalty does not Win Championships...and Bob Murray is putting Loyality above the Ducks.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

If that were the case, he would have traded anyone but Cogliano.

1 minute ago, HockeyIzCool said:

If that were the case, he would have traded anyone but Cogliano.

Your Point is what...oh Wait yeah you threw in the Towel...I am to no illusion you and few pop up when Ducks are Losing and are a Funk.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

9 minutes ago, MooseDuck said:

Your Point is what...oh Wait yeah you threw in the Towel...I am to no illusion you and few pop up when Ducks are Losing and are a Funk.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

I'd be piddleed off with this trade regardless of where the Ducks are in the standings.  But yeah...it piddlees me off even more, since not only do they obviously stink this season, but now they got rid of one of my favorite players on the team.  A player, who even those who think this was a good trade, can see was NOT the problem.

41 minutes ago, HockeyIzCool said:

I'd be piddleed off with this trade regardless of where the Ducks are in the standings.  But yeah...it piddlees me off even more, since not only do they obviously stink this season, but now they got rid of one of my favorite players on the team.  A player, who even those who think this was a good trade, can see was NOT the problem.

Absolutely correct. Cogliano was not the problem. He is a player caught in the cross-fire that is this bad season. Cogs doesn't get traded if his streak is still "real" and he probably doesn't get traded if we are doing well. He also probably doesn't get traded if he's producing more. But the issue is...the people who are the problem...they aren't usually desired by another team.

5 hours ago, Jasoaks said:

Absolutely correct. Cogliano was not the problem. He is a player caught in the cross-fire that is this bad season. Cogs doesn't get traded if his streak is still "real" and he probably doesn't get traded if we are doing well. He also probably doesn't get traded if he's producing more. But the issue is...the people who are the problem...they aren't usually desired by another team.

I think he’d be producing better if he had a coach that had a system. I think he would be  dynamite with Vegas 

• Like 2

For what its worth, usually a vote of confidence is a kiss of death for a Head Coach. We have seen it already this year with the Flyers and Dave Hakstoll. I know it is incredibly bleak and tough to think optimistically right now, but I imagine everyone has a breaking point. Anyone who thinks BM would put loyalty over his own job security doesn't know how ruthless this business can be. 

I have no doubt that they are weighing different coaching options right now. It's just about the timing at this point. Keep in mind the last time RC was fired, it was actually after a dominating performance against Montreal.

19 minutes ago, BlazingEtem said:

For what its worth, usually a vote of confidence is a kiss of death for a Head Coach. We have seen it already this year with the Flyers and Dave Hakstoll. I know it is incredibly bleak and tough to think optimistically right now, but I imagine everyone has a breaking point. Anyone who thinks BM would put loyalty over his own job security doesn't know how ruthless this business can be. 

I have no doubt that they are weighing different coaching options right now. It's just about the timing at this point. Keep in mind the last time RC was fired, it was actually after a dominating performance against Montreal.

Roenick and Milbury were saying yesterday its the kiss of death