Jump to content
The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
DucksFan_08

Trouble on the horizon for RC?

Recommended Posts

24 minutes ago, BlazingEtem said:

For what its worth, usually a vote of confidence is a kiss of death for a Head Coach. We have seen it already this year with the Flyers and Dave Hakstoll. I know it is incredibly bleak and tough to think optimistically right now, but I imagine everyone has a breaking point. Anyone who thinks BM would put loyalty over his own job security doesn't know how ruthless this business can be. 

I have no doubt that they are weighing different coaching options right now. It's just about the timing at this point. Keep in mind the last time RC was fired, it was actually after a dominating performance against Montreal.

Trading Cogs bought RC more time. I mean did any of the coaches fired this season have a 12 game losing streak (seriously I don't know)? Injuries, playing rookies and trading players can only cover RC for so long but it's been a good covering so far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, perry_mvp said:

Trading Cogs bought RC more time. I mean did any of the coaches fired this season have a 12 game losing streak (seriously I don't know)? Injuries, playing rookies and trading players can only cover RC for so long but it's been a good covering so far.

Cogs trade doesn't buy RC anymore time, nor does it shrink it. I refuse to believe that BM thinks that swapping 3rd/4th line players will help fix the underlying problems. In fact, he even said so himself when he was interviewed.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So with regard to this threads title... maybe I got mistaken or confused but for the sake of being on the same page I need clarification here ..... what trouble exactly is on the horizon for RC?? Was it always eluding to personal trouble like too many high interest loans, marriage trouble due to Low T or maybe drinking problems perhaps? because it’s obviously not his coaching career that is in trouble 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like #firecarlyle is picking up some steam on twitter.

Really curious to see how the Ducks social media team handles these next few games/weeks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BlazingEtem said:

Looks like #firecarlyle is picking up some steam on twitter.

Really curious to see how the Ducks social media team handles these next few games/weeks.

WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME THE DUCKS AND QUEENS FIRED THEIR COACHES DURING THE SAME SEASON???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, DUCKNADO said:

WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME THE DUCKS AND QUEENS FIRED THEIR COACHES DURING THE SAME SEASON???

2012, the year the Kings won their first cup.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BlazingEtem said:

Cogs trade doesn't buy RC anymore time, nor does it shrink it. I refuse to believe that BM thinks that swapping 3rd/4th line players will help fix the underlying problems. In fact, he even said so himself when he was interviewed.

 

Well, BM said in his statement on twitter that he's not considering a coaching change at this time and that he is focusing on the players. I don't know how you interpret that but for me it's saying RC is safe and the problem with the team IS the players. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, perry_mvp said:

Well, BM said in his statement on twitter that he's not considering a coaching change at this time and that he is focusing on the players. I don't know how you interpret that but for me it's saying RC is safe and the problem with the team IS the players. 

And the Flyers said they weren't planning on firing Dave Hakstol and fired him 1 game later after that statement. 

GMs lie to the public all the time. It's not really fair to the public, but it's also not uncommon at all.

Edited by BlazingEtem

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, perry_mvp said:

Trading Cogs bought RC more time. I mean did any of the coaches fired this season have a 12 game losing streak (seriously I don't know)? Injuries, playing rookies and trading players can only cover RC for so long but it's been a good covering so far.

exactly that is the problem...

but we now can go for the pole position for the first draft pick, only 8 points to Senators...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BlazingEtem said:

Looks like #firecarlyle is picking up some steam on twitter.

Really curious to see how the Ducks social media team handles these next few games/weeks.

This a new thing? Twitter wasn't frothing out the mouth six games ago? I'm genuinely curious, I don't use it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, poum said:

This a new thing? Twitter wasn't frothing out the mouth six games ago? I'm genuinely curious, I don't use it.

Idk, I have account but don't really use it. I just checked after the game tonight and it's certainly not an unpopular trend right now. I don't know if its been like that prior to some of the losses or if this is the apex.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RobD360 said:

So with regard to this threads title... maybe I got mistaken or confused but for the sake of being on the same page I need clarification here ..... what trouble exactly is on the horizon for RC?? Was it always eluding to personal trouble like too many high interest loans, marriage trouble due to Low T or maybe drinking problems perhaps? because it’s obviously not his coaching career that is in trouble 

As you may or may not have seen, I started this topic back in October during the previous losing streak. I also put a question mark behind the title. Back then I asked myself and everybody on this board could there be trouble on the horizon for RC now that we've lost quite a few games. Normally when something like that happens a coach's position is up for discussion.

However that does not seem to be the case in Anaheim where it's okay to fail your job 12 times in a row. No in Anaheim the next logical step is to keep the coach and trade a fan favorite who gives it his all every damn shift to save a bit of money. Not to mention the team wants to get faster. Of course the best way to do so is by trading one of your fastest players.

It's a shame this topic has gotten to 22 pages.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, DucksFan_08 said:

As you may or may not have seen, I started this topic back in October during the previous losing streak. I also put a question mark behind the title. Back then I asked myself and everybody on this board could there be trouble on the horizon for RC now that we've lost quite a few games. Normally when something like that happens a coach's position is up for discussion.

However that does not seem to be the case in Anaheim where it's okay to fail your job 12 times in a row. No in Anaheim the next logical step is to keep the coach and trade a fan favorite who gives it his all every damn shift to save a bit of money. Not to mention the team wants to get faster. Of course the best way to do so is by trading one of your fastest players.

It's a shame this topic has gotten to 22 pages.

 

Lol I know why you started the thread. I was only joking with my latest response that’s all 🙂

i agree that RC should have been in trouble long ago but in the words of Garth Brooks song ‘I got friends in Low Places’....“high(er)” in this case. And yeah it’s funny on how this thread keeps going too 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, BlazingEtem said:

Looks like #firecarlyle is picking up some steam on twitter.

Really curious to see how the Ducks social media team handles these next few games/weeks.

Great! By the time we get to 80 games he will be canned for sure. But he will then “technically” be fired and Bob can say that he listened to the fan base and took action to remove a struggling coach

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, perry_mvp said:

Trading Cogs bought RC more time. I mean did any of the coaches fired this season have a 12 game losing streak (seriously I don't know)? Injuries, playing rookies and trading players can only cover RC for so long but it's been a good covering so far.

At what point do injuries stop being an excuse? For the last few games the only guys missing have been Perry and Eaves, who basically has never played. So essentially we are just missing Perry. Is missing a 50 point guy a good enough excuse to be playing this way?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, DucksFan_08 said:

As you may or may not have seen, I started this topic back in October during the previous losing streak. I also put a question mark behind the title. Back then I asked myself and everybody on this board could there be trouble on the horizon for RC now that we've lost quite a few games. Normally when something like that happens a coach's position is up for discussion.

However that does not seem to be the case in Anaheim where it's okay to fail your job 12 times in a row. No in Anaheim the next logical step is to keep the coach and trade a fan favorite who gives it his all every damn shift to save a bit of money. Not to mention the team wants to get faster. Of course the best way to do so is by trading one of your fastest players.

It's a shame this topic has gotten to 22 pages.

 

This thread will never end... Ha Ha

It's like an itch that can't be scratched.  I try to resist but it is futile.  I have gone through all the cycles - denial, sorrow, anger, joy, acceptance - I am in the latter.  For now.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, nieder said:

At what point do injuries stop being an excuse? For the last few games the only guys missing have been Perry and Eaves, who basically has never played. So essentially we are just missing Perry. Is missing a 50 point guy a good enough excuse to be playing this way?

I don't think the excuse will ever end. Murray can always say he's missing two top 6 forwards and has made attempts to fill the gaps with Sprong, Aberg and whoever else RC has put there and it just hasn't worked. It will be the players fault this time for not adapting to whatever system the coaches have put forth. Problem is, they are playing the system and these are the results.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

and now we're missing 2 additional forwards.  injuries will always be a sufficient excuse for this team, for this season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Could we maybe like get a petition going to get Carlyle fired? I'm sure you'll find plenty of people in HC who want to sign. I can't believe he's still our coach. And same for BM. I've had it with him. Only problem is Chiarelli is available. We wouldn't want that :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...