The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
DucksFan_08

Trouble on the horizon for RC?

25 minutes ago, Fisix said:

Guys, it's going to be Eakins, and there's no coach who'd come in to coach a half season.  We're stuck, it is what it is.

Get an interim coach and we might get some applicants looking at us as a permanent position. Can't do any harm to the club firing RC NOW !!! IMHO

• Like 1

RC and BM are both responsible for this mess. For that reason alone I say let them suffer through the rest of the season. A new coach at this point doesn't make sense, this season is a complete loss and we need to lose as many games as possible here on out. How embarrassing would it be to watch this team in a first round playoff series...if you thought last yer was bad...holy moly!. We haven't even seen the worst of this team yet...as the season nears the end and we face teams desperate for points I cringe the outcomes...I see some very very very lopsided scores in the near future. Our total goal differential will be close to negative triple digits.

Can't we just promote Sudarshan Maharaj, the goalie coach, for the rest of the year?

Whatever he is doing seems to work and I am sure he would get the shots on goal number to drop because no goalie should have to face over 30 shots every game.

• Like 1

I don't like Gibby at the moment he is keeping us from getting that 1st draft pick.

He should just start swearing at Randy or show up late for games and get suspended from playing for a couple of months. 

Edited by mulcher

I'm 100% behind getting an interim coach at this point. Of course you'd prefer to replace your coach with someone you feel comfortable going forward with but I'm not sure they can afford to wait out the year anymore. It's beyond just losing now. There's a certain toxicity around this team that we've never seen before. The losing culture from the top down translates into bad habits for the youngsters, combined with complete lethargy for the rest of the players who have tuned their coaches out. It's setting the team up for future failure. Keeping Carlyle because of some misguided promise to give him a dignified exit after he delivered the two least dignified seasons this franchise has ever experienced sends an awful message to the fans. The Pond looked like a funeral parlour against the Blues and judging by how vocal the fan base has been online about their displeasure, there's no reason to expect that to get any better without ripping off the bandaid.

Realistically speaking, the season will be doomed regardless of whoever is behind the bench. Where we pick in the draft will most likely rely on how Gibson closes out the season. This team has too much pride to fully embrace Crappo for Kaapo anyway, I don't think it's worth keeping Carlyle in the hopes of tanking. I admit an interim coach wouldn't be the most ideal solution, especially if there's a long term option to be had. It's still a better option than maintaining the status quo though. It would signal that the organization recognizes what we've witnessed over the last 12 months has been completely unacceptable and something is being done. At the very least it would win back some fans and hopefully work towards eliminating the team-wide allergies to work ethic, puck possession and actually playing defence.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, PetrSykora said:

I'm 100% behind getting an interim coach at this point. Of course you'd prefer to replace your coach with someone you feel comfortable going forward with but I'm not sure they can afford to wait out the year anymore. It's beyond just losing now. There's a certain toxicity around this team that we've never seen before. The losing culture from the top down translates into bad habits for the youngsters, combined with complete lethargy for the rest of the players who have tuned their coaches out. It's setting the team up for future failure. Keeping Carlyle because of some misguided promise to give him a dignified exit after he delivered the two least dignified seasons this franchise has ever experienced sends an awful message to the fans. The Pond looked like a funeral parlour against the Blues and judging by how vocal the fan base has been online about their displeasure, there's no reason to expect that to get any better without ripping off the bandaid.

Realistically speaking, the season will be doomed regardless of whoever is behind the bench. Where we pick in the draft will most likely rely on how Gibson closes out the season. This team has too much pride to fully embrace Crappo for Kaapo anyway, I don't think it's worth keeping Carlyle in the hopes of tanking. I admit an interim coach wouldn't be the most ideal solution, especially if there's a long term option to be had. It's still a better option than maintaining the status quo though. It would signal that the organization recognizes what we've witnessed over the last 12 months has been completely unacceptable and something is being done. At the very least it would win back some fans and hopefully work towards eliminating the team-wide allergies to work ethic, puck possession and actually playing defence.

GREAT POST - sums it up quite nicely - PetrS are you available to be the interim coach - you could kick some butt .... :ph34r::P

42 minutes ago, DUCKSDOC said:

GREAT POST - sums it up quite nicely - PetrS are you available to be the interim coach - you could kick some butt .... :ph34r::P

Hmm let's see. I have no idea how to coach a professional hockey team in 2019 and the only reasonable game plan I can think of is promising Gibson a fancy dinner after every game.. In other words, I can start next Tuesday GMBM :P

• Like 2

I agree with the above post, the culture is becoming toxic. I've been wondering though, if Eakins is to be coach after this season and they want him on the gulls, fine. But, at this point I think anyone is better than RC. Fire RC and promote one of the assistants to the interim position. It probably won't win us this season but it might give a fresh voice in the locker and could end up being a moral boost to the club with RC gone. Either way, this season is lost (probably) and maybe this prevents us from becoming the Oilers of the past decade....

3 hours ago, PetrSykora said:

I can’t recall the last time feeling this dejected by this organization. I can handle being competitive and losing but the Ducks have reached new levels of embarrassment and incompetence this season while being perfectly content to letting this dumpster fire burn on. It’s an absolute insult to fans. I’m just waiting for news to break that Gibson is either so fed up that he refuses to play or demands a trade lol. At which point we’d rival the Oilers as the biggest gongshow in the NHL.

Murray and Carlyle can go kick rocks together. 

9 hours ago, Fisix said:

Guys, it's going to be Eakins, and there's no coach who'd come in to coach a half season.  We're stuck, it is what it is.

Why not? Here’s a sample of coaches who have recently taken over teams mid-season after the previous coach was canned - Darryl Sutter, Dan Bylsma, John Tortorella, Ken Hitchcock, Mike Sullivan, Claude Julien, Bruce Boudreau. Every name on that list has a Cup, a Jack Adams, or both. Good coaches will take jobs midseason.

35 minutes ago, dtsdlaw said:

Why not? Here’s a sample of coaches who have recently taken over teams mid-season after the previous coach was canned - Darryl Sutter, Dan Bylsma, John Tortorella, Ken Hitchcock, Mike Sullivan, Claude Julien, Bruce Boudreau. Every name on that list has a Cup, a Jack Adams, or both. Good coaches will take jobs midseason.

I don't know if Bob's sparkling personality could entice anyone to take the job. Bruce is the only one you listed that doesn't have a Stanley Cup. He has a Calder Cup as a coach.

Better yet. Bob should fire RC and make himself coach and GM of the team. Then he could put his money where his mouth is 

• Like 2

On 1/25/2019 at 7:15 PM, dtsdlaw said:

note - i wrote "coach half a season," not "start coaching with half a season left" - whoever coaches from here to the end of THIS season will only be coaching for half a season.  Eakins is next in line.  None of the coaches you mentioned would walk into a coaching situation where they didn't have a chance to coach after the half-season was completed.

2 hours ago, Fisix said:

note - i wrote "coach half a season," not "start coaching with half a season left" - whoever coaches from here to the end of THIS season will only be coaching for half a season.  Eakins is next in line.  None of the coaches you mentioned would walk into a coaching situation where they didn't have a chance to coach after the half-season was completed.

Eakins is the Ducks next Coach...it's only matter of time when he becomes 9th Coach.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

• Like 1

So what's the excuse now? The team is healthy and this is by far the worst period they have played all season. There is no more too many injuries excuses. Time to can Carlyle and let someone work with them for next year. This team will be picking in the top 5.

1 hour ago, saskduckfan said:

So what's the excuse now? The team is healthy and this is by far the worst period they have played all season. There is no more too many injuries excuses. Time to can Carlyle and let someone work with them for next year. This team will be picking in the top 5.

Rust.  First game in 9 days.  After the 1st period they've played then pretty much even.

Eakins will be the coach next year. 

21-22-9...STILL RC is Coach and STILL Ducks are on LOSING SKID. NO EXCUSES just we need results PERIOD...Its Clear to me RC was shortterm fix and mistake....Bringing him back was BM'S Mistake...IF BOTH CAN'T CORRECT this...then they are UNWORTHY of being GM and COACH...!@#@2 this Insulting.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

2 hours ago, saskduckfan said:

They just aren't a good team and that Murray is the biggest reason for it??

I've been actively rooting for a top-5 pick since late November lol.

How did RC win the norris trophy?  He ain't coaching defense.  A bunch of powder puffs.  It's like flag football

8 minutes ago, HockeyIzCool said:

Kudos for starting this thread back on October 20.  It will probably be active for the remainder of season.

Let's Keep it going.....Nothing really BUGS ME then our team not doing well. Eitherway the 25th Anniversary season has been mess and Reminder.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

1 hour ago, hoxxey said:

How did RC win the norris trophy?  He ain't coaching defense.  A bunch of powder puffs.  It's like flag football

Being a player and being a coach are two different animals. Some buy into it. Some suck. See: Gretzky, Wayne. Circa 2006-2009.

1 minute ago, DucksFan_08 said:

Losing 9-3 is pretty painful. Only one I feel bad for is Gibson. I think the team is playing to get RC fired. How naive :lol:

I feel bad for Gibson.

1 hour ago, dukitup said:

Rust.  First game in 9 days.

You could also argue that the Jets should have been tired. They played Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday. They did not look tired. At least Patrick Laine didn't score a goal? It's the small things.

EVEN if you were to say that rust accounted for 5 of the goals, the Ducks still would have lost the game 4-3.  This was just a better team, playing at home, against a team going the other direction.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dukitup said:

Rust.  First game in 9 days.  After the 1st period they've played then pretty much even.

Eakins will be the coach next year. 

Rust? This is the same lack of effort they have been showing leading up to the break. After the first the Jets were clearly not trying to run up the score then as soon as the Ducks scored they answered with one of there own. The Jets could have easily put up 15+ tonight...Ducks were never even close to playing at the same level as the Jets.