The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
DucksFan_08

Trouble on the horizon for RC?

so many rookies are an excuse for RC, and also the injuries.

but how many games we let more then 40 shots on Gibson or Miller this young season?

10 games and Gibson/Miller faced already 375 shots... 37,5 a game.... plus some empty netter...

thats horrible. if Gibson isn't Gibson, we have maybe 4 points...we now have 11... thats crazy.

10 hours ago, nieder said:

I wake up every morning hoping that Carlyle has been fired only to be disappointed every damn day. 

From your mouth to the Hockey God's ear. :ph34r:

21 hours ago, Spike1981 said:

so many rookies are an excuse for RC, and also the injuries.

but how many games we let more then 40 shots on Gibson or Miller this young season?

10 games and Gibson/Miller faced already 375 shots... 37,5 a game.... plus some empty netter...

thats horrible. if Gibson isn't Gibson, we have maybe 4 points...we now have 11... thats crazy.

Fate dealt our Ducks a bad hand but no excuse for the slump Ducks are in...They will overcome this.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

12 hours ago, DUCKSDOC said:

From your mouth to the Hockey God's ear. :ph34r:

11:17AM and still no news of firing RC... I’ll check back later

• Like 4

2 hours ago, perry_mvp said:

Check back tomorrow if (when) the Ducks lose tonight.

Win or lose doesn't matter. RC last time was fired after a win. Definitely be on the look out for the news if we keep getting out shot...

3 minutes ago, Jasoaks said:

Win or lose doesn't matter. RC last time was fired after a win. Definitely be on the look out for the news if we keep getting out shot...

He can start by putting Manson and Lindholm back together. Don’t tell him that though?

Edited by yeaitsme

9 minutes ago, yeaitsme said:

He can start by putting Manson and Lindholm back together. Don’t tell him that though?

Haha :P

Also, I just did a quick stat look up...in out first 10 games we've LED a period in SOGs a grand total of 4 times...excluding OT. That's 4/30...13%....

We've been tied in SOGs 3 times...and in case anyone was wondering, if you include OT we were tied once, and we had the lead once.

But that is to say in the 30, regulation time periods we've had...we were out shot for 23/30 of the periods...77% of the periods.

Also, if you care, the teams we outshot them in a period are: NYI, STL, DAL, DET, and the first game against ARI

That's also basically to say 50% of the time we DON'T outshoot the team in ANY period.

Edited by Jasoaks

2 hours ago, Jasoaks said:

Boudreau had just been fired so GMBM already had that lined up. If Eakins isn't the replacement, I hope Murray has someone in mind because he's lost out on some good choices.

3 hours ago, Jasoaks said:

I was thinking about this. Wasn't Boudreau sitting around in Anaheim for 5 days waiting for Randy to get fired the first time around? Although that was because he had just been fired so was available....I'm not sure how many good coaches are out there just waiting to be signed. Maybe he's waiting for someone to get fired. Lol.

8 hours ago, RobD360 said:

11:17AM and still no news of firing RC... I’ll check back later

Hitting the snooze button on this till hopefully tomorrow ((1st thing)) in the morning 

• Like 1

Sharks sunday, let me guess. 40+SOG, lose by 3 goals, 7 PK, Ducks 22 SOG, no blue line defense, 0 PPG, and dump and chase ? What do I win ?

(copy paste from Game day thread.)

23 minutes ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

How are similar words also not coming out of Carlyle and Murray’s mouths lol?

Well, actually the Ducks are doing a bit better than St Louis right now.  We have 11 Points, while Blues are at a dismal 7 points, with 2 wins.  Hard to believe we're actually barely above .500, but that's only because of the way we started the season.  Or rather, the way Gibson started the season.

11 minutes ago, HockeyIzCool said:

Well, actually the Ducks are doing a bit better than St Louis right now.  We have 11 Points, while Blues are at a dismal 7 points, with 2 wins.  Hard to believe we're actually barely above .500, but that's only because of the way we started the season.  Or rather, the way Gibson started the season.

If we are going by wins and points then the Ducks are better than Dallas right now lol. If we are going by play I don’t see any team playing worse hockey than Anaheim currently. Everyone knows the Ducks would have 4 pts or less if not for Gibson. Their record is starting to reflect their horrible play that has carried over from last season. At least Yeo is holding himself accountable in a way that Murray, Carlyle and the players should...minus Gibson and Miller. 

• Like 2

Bombay is right. Our record is skewed due to the absolute heroics of Gibson and Miller (mostly Gibson). This team is not a reflection of its points and standings. Most games played have been bad, me personally I think it’s RC. And by process of elimination it’s obviously not Perry either. Our D is not injured and much too fleet afoot and skilled to be this bad and so it can only be the coach who is mismanaging them. The D plays without  fluidity or a logical system of funneling out the puck from our zone. 

• Like 4

I've watched a bunch of games this season and the Ducks are the most discombobulated team I've seen. If not for Gibson and Miller, this team would have zero points. I just don't get it. Other teams even the Coyotes can break out of their d-zone zone with clean passes while the Ducks struggle to even make east/west passes in their own d-zone let alone a breakout pass. The Ducks are playing like a mediocre AHL team. They're not playing with speed or determination. Maybe RC has hammered them so hard into believing that being physical is just going to end up with a penalty that they don't even bother. Who knows? There isn't any structure to their game in both zones and that's coaching.

• Like 1

Hi all. I missed most of last night’s game against Dallas, but WTF with Henrique only getting 10:53 of TOI? Is he also dinged?

wrong topic I know, but the GDT was already closed.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, dtsdlaw said:

Hi all. I missed most of last night’s game against Dallas, but WTF with Henrique only getting 10:53 of TOI? Is he also dinged?

No idea why that happened. He didn't look hurt. RC was playing the Getzlaf line a lot because they were the only line that looked remotely dangerous with the puck....it seems most of those minutes came out of the Henrique line.

14 minutes ago, dtsdlaw said:

When you've got Gibbons and Aberg on your line, that's actually generous.  Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right...

In seriousness, I have no idea.  It looks like half the team has given up, so I wouldn't be surprised if Henrique is getting some sort of punishment.  This is the exact wrong environment for a bunch of rookies to be stepping into.

• Like 1

9 of our next 11 games are at home....one of those away games is in LA. So barely any travel for the next 3 weeks. Seems like a perfect time for a coaching change.

• Like 4

IMHO I think bob murray  (who I like and respect a lot)  put randy in a very bad spot.

right after the sharks series,  he said we will and must play faster.  he basically

told RC to change his coaching style,  system.  and philosophy which had served

him quite well for a decade.  worse than even having a coach not comfortable

or fluent in changing to a more upbeat pace,  the roster, for which BM is

responsible for,  is not constructed to play at a high tempo.   all of this

translates into the problems we now see.  outshot by 10+ shots per game,

extended zone time for opposition,  and a defensive system that breaks

down easier.  RC will take the fall for this,  barring a major turnaround, 

but BM is responsible too.

• Like 1

Not surprised at what's happening at all.  When you try to change your identity on the fly you can expect it's going to be rough.  Feel sorry for Gibby as he has been under siege.  It was fun to watch as just a nice change of pace initially but teams have quickly figured out they can bully the Ducks and control the puck at will.  This is going to be a long long season.  I know Carlyle everyone wants out and he may not make it through the season...but how about the guy the hired him and made the decision to change the style of play on the fly with a team that carries a few highly paid, aging players that play more of a grinding style of play.  Really stupid in my book.  

18 hours ago, nieder said:

I was thinking about this. Wasn't Boudreau sitting around in Anaheim for 5 days waiting for Randy to get fired the first time around? Although that was because he had just been fired so was available....I'm not sure how many good coaches are out there just waiting to be signed. Maybe he's waiting for someone to get fired. Lol.

Not sure about that but remember RC was scouting the team and hanging in OC before BB was fired. 

What you're seeing is a necessary step in a rebuild, dictated by BM or not. 

RC is a coach, not a piece of granite, and as a coach, should be able to make adjustments and incorporate them into his game plan.  An inflexible coach isn't a coach, he's a manual.  The team should be flexible enough to incorporate the changes into their individual games/lines as well.  They get paid enough to have that flexibility... and I'm not seeing that. 

What I do see, unfortunately, is a litany of crutches, and the inevitable result of trying to rely on them instead of buying into the new system.  RC doesn't appear to be getting the point across to the team, the team doesn't appear to be engaging (as a team) with the new philosophy, and I see hints of intransigence on all sides.  Unacceptable.  In fact, total BS from a group of so-called professionals.  

For example, Manson and Fowler are excellent d-men, and unless there's some kind of injury we don't know about, they're both playing so bad that it hints at tanking because they're not paired with who they want or they don't want to play the game they've been asked to play.  Both of which are BS.  This same kind of mental disease seems to be floating around the team, with individual medium and low points every game. 

But, the lack of ability to execute... if I was coaching a youth sports team, I'd say it was 20% lack of skills practice and 80% lack of effective communication of a plan (which includes lacking a plan) to the team.  That's either disorganized coaching or lack of coaching.  It could be conflicting coaching.  If individuals are fighting the coaching, then 80% of the time could be being wasted in convincing them to practice the plays, and so they only get 20% of the time they should actually trying to smooth out the execution.  Some players get it and are doing it right, but one line (or part of a line) executing the plays correctly isn't enough.

Anyway, not only are the players often out of position, but I see a lot of lack of desire to fight back and cover, which looks more like lack of effort than it looks like lack of ability to skate fast enough to cover.  I see players giving up on the play early and giving up on getting back to cover really, really early.  The d-men aren't old, and they aren't tired enough to excuse it that way.  So... what I see is pretty worrying.  

One thing - we have so many players on IR... that pressure could be a contributing source of anti-motivation and anti-team chemistry, across the board, and so could be poisoning team optimism, in a way that makes it much more difficult to push a new system.  It's not an excuse, but it's worth mentioning.  

Right now, I want to send the whole team down to the AHL for some conditioning, mental more than anything.  They do not look like they're having fun.

• Like 1