The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hoxxey

other teams play

Has anyone watched other teams play?  It's so clear that the ducks are the poorest team in the league by quite a margin - the things the other teams do so well (even the "so-called" lousy teams) - exiting their zone, hitting passes ON THE TAPE, skating and moving to give the defensemen lots of targets to pass to, clearing the puck out of their zone, one timers, shooting on the net, covering the other man, forechecking, the list goes on.  Having a power play.  It's like watching the chipmunks - "you shoot".  "no, it's clearly your turn".  "no, it's definitely your turn"...  They just don't shoot the darned puck.   Watching the ducks play is depressing.  They can't seem to get out of their own way.  Oh and they don't score goals very much either.  All of this must be coaching.  Whatever it is, I don't see it ending just because the forums say that it should.  Bad teams get bad for many reasons.  Injuries.  Players. Systems.  Bad luck.  They get better for reasons as well.  It's not magically going to happen.  I feel like it's just "the way it is".  Like I said, depressing.

1 hour ago, hoxxey said:

Has anyone watched other teams play?  It's so clear that the ducks are the poorest team in the league by quite a margin - the things the other teams do so well (even the "so-called" lousy teams) - exiting their zone, hitting passes ON THE TAPE, skating and moving to give the defensemen lots of targets to pass to, clearing the puck out of their zone, one timers, shooting on the net, covering the other man, forechecking, the list goes on.  Having a power play.  It's like watching the chipmunks - "you shoot".  "no, it's clearly your turn".  "no, it's definitely your turn"...  They just don't shoot the darned puck.   Watching the ducks play is depressing.  They can't seem to get out of their own way.  Oh and they don't score goals very much either.  All of this must be coaching.  Whatever it is, I don't see it ending just because the forums say that it should.  Bad teams get bad for many reasons.  Injuries.  Players. Systems.  Bad luck.  They get better for reasons as well.  It's not magically going to happen.  I feel like it's just "the way it is".  Like I said, depressing.

Depressing and at a point we have to hope for the  best...Right now our Ducks as we do are dealing with adversity.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

The Ducks have looked very threatening in the last two minutes of the last two games.The goalie is pulled giving them a man advantage.

Unfortunately they don't play the same way and dominate when they have the advantage on the power play.

19 hours ago, hoxxey said:

What I have to say is not 'new' to me.  I've watched other teams play a fair amount, not as much as a lot of you, probably.  But the general take-away for me is that when I watch a lot of other teams play there seems to be a higher level of "respect" -- by this I mean that the defending players do not get right into the face of the players passing or bringing the puck up-ice.  It is sort of like they believe that if they get too close, the guy they are defending will step around them and be gone with the puck (just as d-backs in football play well off the line when they defend a super speedy split end).  Then, watching the Ducks:  defenders do not apparently worry about the Ducks getting past them - they just crowd the Ducks and go after them all the time....which means the Ducks, ALWAYS A BEAT TOO SLOW TO GET RID OF THE PUCK, are put in a bad position to make a decent play.

That's my take:  we don't look or act dangerous, so we get guarded closer, and the rest that follows is what we have all come to expect:  poor passes, poor passing choices, failure to maintain possession or enter the O-zone looking dangerous or being dangerous in fact.

Kings fire Stevens,replace him with Willie Desjardins . Ass coach Don Nachbaur was also fired and replaced by Marco Sturm.

They make their debut behind the bench against the Ducks .

Well that is set up nicely for a tough night for the Ducks,all out to impress and keep their places with their new coach.

All the planets must lining up against us.

I went to the Flames vs Blackhawks game on Saturday night. I was blown away by how accurate the passing was for the Flames. Even when it didn't result in any scoring chance, the passing up the ice was tape to tape every time. They also passed back and forth between defensemen to wait/look for passing lanes to open up, which seems to be something Anaheim doesn't want to do. They just want to get it out of the zone as quickly as possible every time, even when there is no real option, which leads to more turnovers. Calgary played fast but they were also patient when they needed to be. Anaheim just throw pucks away under the guise of being fast. Calgary isn't even a powerhouse team, but watching them was like watching a real NHL team whereas watching the Ducks is like watching a bunch of minor leaguers. 

12 hours ago, Fisix said:

I mean, I don't blame you, but apparently you haven't been watching the Kings play.

Perhaps so...But our Ducks and our enemies will be facing each other this week.....Who knows Our team has to take advantage of the situation that ailes our Enemies in LA County.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck