Fisix

Cogs status

62 posts in this topic

I boo the Samuelis every time they are brought out for a puck drop.

And I, too, would boo Parros should he ever be brought back for anything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's truly just one of the most painful things..I still, as we all are, get soooooo so so upset remembering this and also just seeing how fraking close he'd be. It's still an ironman streak. He still hasn't missed a game for injury. It's still the 3rd longest anyone has ever gone without an injury/lack of contract/being benched...

DOPS my ass...more like D-POS

Edited by Jasoaks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I ask that anyone who has twitter retweet Dan Wood’s response to NHL Public Relations. 

 

@Pr_NHL 

Erik Karlsson became the 13th different defenseman in NHL history - and sixth since 1990-91 - to record at least one point in 14 or more consecutive appearances within a season. #NHLStats

Response from @duckscolorman

So how come @PR_NHL is making such a big deal of Erik Karlsson's points in 14 or more consecutive appearances, despite a two-game suspension in the midst of the "streak," but doesn't recognize Andrew Cogliano's 909 "consecutive" games because of a (dubious) two-game suspension

 
6 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, DuckFan4Life said:

I ask that anyone who has twitter retweet Dan Wood’s response to NHL Public Relations. 

 

@Pr_NHL 

Erik Karlsson became the 13th different defenseman in NHL history - and sixth since 1990-91 - to record at least one point in 14 or more consecutive appearances within a season. #NHLStats

Response from @duckscolorman

So how come @PR_NHL is making such a big deal of Erik Karlsson's points in 14 or more consecutive appearances, despite a two-game suspension in the midst of the "streak," but doesn't recognize Andrew Cogliano's 909 "consecutive" games because of a (dubious) two-game suspension

 

SHOTS FIRED!

God bless that man!

4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DuckFan4Life said:

I ask that anyone who has twitter retweet Dan Wood’s response to NHL Public Relations. 

 

@Pr_NHL 

Erik Karlsson became the 13th different defenseman in NHL history - and sixth since 1990-91 - to record at least one point in 14 or more consecutive appearances within a season. #NHLStats

Response from @duckscolorman

So how come @PR_NHL is making such a big deal of Erik Karlsson's points in 14 or more consecutive appearances, despite a two-game suspension in the midst of the "streak," but doesn't recognize Andrew Cogliano's 909 "consecutive" games because of a (dubious) two-game suspension

 

DAN WOOD!!! Wow!! You are now my 2nd favorite radio guy behind Steve Carroll...and right in front of...ugh, can't remember his name haha...the guy that was Steve's partner during the 07 run. Ugh, it's killing me! But wow! I love it!!

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm glad someone within the Ducks organization is still upset over the Cogs suspension and is willing to say something publicly.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Jasoaks said:

DAN WOOD!!! Wow!! You are now my 2nd favorite radio guy behind Steve Carroll...and right in front of...ugh, can't remember his name haha...the guy that was Steve's partner during the 07 run. Ugh, it's killing me! But wow! I love it!!

BRENT SEVERYN!!!

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Pazonator said:

Cogs got traded to Dallas for Devon shore this morning 

What????

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sigh...I don't know what to think of this...I don't know who Devon Shore is...except he's a center...and...maybe Bob is hoping to use Kesler less? Cogs may have not been scoring much, but his passion, and speed, and dedication was top on our team...

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yesterday BM says he's not firing the coach; it's on the coach. Today he trades the guy with the most heart, never gives up, gives 110% ALL the time. Baffled.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I dont think I have ever been so angry.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This feels like a warning to all others on the team that nobody is safe right now. Not the best way to motivate the team in my opinion.

Devon Shore is about 30 lbs heavier, $950,000 less cap hit then Cogliano and does shoot left handed. Maybe the team is looking for more net front presence.

Cogliano does have horrible luck with finishing. Puck bouncing, missed shot, etc. Maybe he would have had better luck on a different line. Having to play on the line that defends the top players for the last few years and adding so much to the penalty kill will be missed. 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well....we need to trade a guy whose only games missed for us during his entire stay were due to an unwarranted suspension, so they can pay $9+ Million to a guy who played 5 games for us over the last 2 seasons.

That Bob Murray is sure worth his money.  And thankfully they didn't fire Carlyle, because clearly the FANS would have opposed that so much more.  <sarcasm>

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Jasoaks said:

Sigh...I don't know what to think of this...I don't know who Devon Shore is...except he's a center...and...maybe Bob is hoping to use Kesler less? Cogs may have not been scoring much, but his passion, and speed, and dedication was top on our team...

He plays all three positions. 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Southbayduck said:

This feels like a warning to all others on the team that nobody is safe right now. Not the best way to motivate the team in my opinion.

Devon Shore is about 30 lbs heavier, $950,000 less cap hit then Cogliano and does shoot left handed. Maybe the team is looking for more net front presence.

Cogliano does have horrible luck with finishing. Puck bouncing, missed shot, etc. Maybe he would have had better luck on a different line. Having to play on the line that defends the top players for the last few years and adding so much to the penalty kill will be missed. 

I agree with that the only thing I would add is front net presence in front of our net opposing forwards camp out in front of Gibby.

Gibson gets no help from Dmen that are happy to let them park there, set up a screen without any worry of being roughed up other than someone tapping their stick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, mulcher said:

I agree with that the only thing I would add is front net presence in front of our net opposing forwards camp out in front of Gibby.

Gibson gets no help from Dmen that are happy to let them park there, set up a screen without any worry of being roughed up other than someone tapping their stick.

We need Fowler to get meaner, Manson to play position and play at least 80%,not 50% and Montour to gain about 20 to 25 lbs. Lindholm is fine and can't complain about bottom 5 and 6.

 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Southbayduck said:

We need Fowler to get meaner, Manson to play position and play at least 80%,not 50% and Montour to gain about 20 to 25 lbs. Lindholm is fine and can't complain about bottom 5 and 6.

 

Main reason Flames are in first is Girodano.   We need a guy like that pretty bad.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, mulcher said:

Fowler is our answer to Girodano.

Which is why we don't have a presence in front of the net.  Fowler doesn't hit anyone. Gio mames Fowler.

ETA:  I like Fowler a ton, but he's more of a Scott Niedermeier type.

We need Manson to act like his dad.

Edited by JiggyToTheCup

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They are our two oldest Dmen but Manson is only 2 months older than Fowler

It would be comical for Dad Manson to send Fowler to his room.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sad to hear of Cogs leaving as I admired his work ethic and what he represented for our team.  Thank you Cogs for all your hard work and dedication!

Perhaps this is the first step in admitting it's time to re-build.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Southbayduck said:

This feels like a warning to all others on the team that nobody is safe right now. Not the best way to motivate the team in my opinion.

Devon Shore is about 30 lbs heavier, $950,000 less cap hit then Cogliano and does shoot left handed. Maybe the team is looking for more net front presence.

Cogliano does have horrible luck with finishing. Puck bouncing, missed shot, etc. Maybe he would have had better luck on a different line. Having to play on the line that defends the top players for the last few years and adding so much to the penalty kill will be missed. 

1.  I credit the management for being professional, knowledgeable, hockey guys with a TON of experience - they’ve laced ‘em up, played the game at the highest levels, are paid a ton of money becayse of all that.  They have won it all, yet are judged harshly by a bunch of amateurs - and not for their on-ice performance, but because the actual players aren’t earning their pay.  But that is sports and that’s life.

2.  How about, maybe, looking at this as a reward to Cogs?  Get him away from the shi*-storm about to happen in Duckville.  One thing I firmly believe is that not a lot of the nay-saying hereabouts is worth a lot beyond making frustrated fans feel better for venting.  I like the move.  Hope it works for Cogs.  God knows he suffered mightily for being a Duck.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Something we can all agree upon:

I should never purchase jerseys for any players I like, because they all get traded.  2 seasons, tops.  Sigh.

Corollary: if there's anyone you want to leave the team, gift me their jersey.  ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Fisix said:

Something we can all agree upon:

I should never purchase jerseys for any players I like, because they all get traded.  2 seasons, tops.  Sigh.

Corollary: if there's anyone you want to leave the team, gift me their jersey.  ;)

How do you feel about getting a Carlyle jersey? :P 

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Jasoaks said:

How do you feel about getting a Carlyle jersey? :P 

If only.  Maybe if I grab an old t-shirt and some crayons....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SteveinTamarindo said:

1.  I credit the management for being professional, knowledgeable, hockey guys with a TON of experience - they’ve laced ‘em up, played the game at the highest levels, are paid a ton of money because of all that.  They have won it all, yet are judged harshly by a bunch of amateurs - and not for their on-ice performance, but because the actual players aren’t earning their pay.  But that is sports and that’s life.

2.  How about, maybe, looking at this as a reward to Cogs?  Get him away from the shi*-storm about to happen in E-Town Duckville.  One thing I firmly believe is that not a lot of the nay-saying hereabouts is worth a lot beyond making frustrated fans feel better for venting.  I like the move.  Hope it works for Cogs.  God knows he suffered mightily for being an Oiler Duck.

I swear I've seen this post somewhere before.... ah, yes. There it is!

:lol:

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Fisix said:

Something we can all agree upon:

I should never purchase jerseys for any players I like, because they all get traded.  2 seasons, tops.  Sigh.

Corollary: if there's anyone you want to leave the team, gift me their jersey.  ;)

I feel you.  On the other hand, I'm thinking I might pick up a Cogliano Stars jersey.  I liked him as a player and a person that much.  He exemplified the Ducks' so-called motto of "Dedication."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now