The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shadowduck

Allow me to vent after a bad day.

I took the day off in order to pack for a move tomorrow. But I got a call from public storage this morning informing me that my unit had been breached. They stole all of my vintage comics, my vintage Wilson staff golf clubs, A brand new telescope, a set of high grade eyepieces for said telescope and various other collectibles I had been saving. Replacing all of that property even if possible would cost me literally thousands of dollars. After reporting the theft to the insurance company they said they require a police report. Called Anaheim PD at 1:05pm .The officer did not show up until 5:30pm. Property stolen, day wasted, and the people at public storage told me that they just removed all of the barb wire from the security fences due to California passing a law last month prohibiting barbed wire on fences. And even if the scumbags are caught they will see ZERO jail time because California reduced several crimes including Trespassing, Breaking and entering , and property theft down to misdemeanors.The sad thing is most of the valuable items stolen were only put in storage two weeks ago to get ready for the move. Then I would have taken them home.
Yep, I'm a little upset.

That sucks bud. I've had my home broken into and it's terrible. The criminal justice system really lets down the average person when it comes to burglary and theft. Even if caught they seem to get a slap on the wrist. There's no disincentive as thieves are unlikely to get caught, and even if they do the punishment is so small.