The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mulcher

Schenn placed on Waivers

Luke Schenn placed on waivers.

Maybe a trade is in the offing?

Coyotes also looking for defensive help as Jason Demers injured a knee Thursday night and he is out for the season.

49 minutes ago, mulcher said:

Luke Schenn placed on waivers.

Maybe a trade is in the offing?

Coyotes also looking for defensive help as Jason Demers injured a knee Thursday night and he is out for the season.

Or Fowler is expected back next week? lol yeah, unless theres a trade coming i dont fully understand this...especially with Cam out

Well Fowler is listed as "day to day" so you never know. Also I think Schenn didn't play that bad to be honest. Pettersson on the other hand...

18 minutes ago, Myuyum said:

Well Fowler is listed as "day to day" so you never know. Also I think Schenn didn't play that bad to be honest. Pettersson on the other hand...

Are you suggesting Petterson be waived instead of Schenn?

I don’t understand this move. Fowler is out so we are already down a D player. Sounds like a trade is brewing but Could it be that ((perhaps)) that Bob is not necessarily trying to pick up another Defenseman but simply trying to move out salary for a forward instead?

It's certainly...interesting...but I sure hope him not being picked up doesn't dictate Bob's decision to make a trade or not lol watch the leafs pick up Schenn lol

I was just thinking, too...another thing the Leafs could do is make a trade to free up room to sign Nylander. Not sure who that would be...Gardiner maybe? I have no idea what that would look like.

14 minutes ago, yeaitsme said:

I would say It’s for Nylander, but I don’t want the boards to crucify me. 

I was going to say this as well. I hope so but then it makes even less sense to waive Schenn when the Ducks will also be trading off a defenseman in the trade. If it is Nylander it’s going to involve a good number of players to make the dollars work for both sides. Again, TOR can’t afford to keep Nylander next year so the question is how much can they take back in salary. For the Ducks it will be on how much they can move out while also giving TOR value without going over their salary budget. 

4 minutes ago, Jasoaks said:

It's certainly...interesting...but I sure hope him not being picked up doesn't dictate Bob's decision to make a trade or not lol watch the leafs pick up Schenn lol

I was just thinking, too...another thing the Leafs could do is make a trade to free up room to sign Nylander. Not sure who that would be...Gardiner maybe? I have no idea what that would look like.

Marleau? That’s if there are any takers at that salary but $6.5M (guesstimate) would be pretty substantial. 

4 hours ago, RobD360 said:

Are you suggesting Petterson be waived instead of Schenn?

Honestly, yes. Without any other trades in consideration or future game plan. Yesterday made me realize how bad Pettersson was.

13 minutes ago, Myuyum said:

Honestly, yes. Without any other trades in consideration or future game plan. Yesterday made me realize how bad Pettersson was.

Kinda feels like you’re picking the worst player (for maybe 2 games)  instead of the other 18 who have been just as bad ,if not worse. Pettersson is young and has plenty of room to improve, compared to Schenn who’s game “is what it is” now. 

Youre just wrong on this one.

10 minutes ago, yeaitsme said:

Kinda feels like you’re picking the worst player (for maybe 2 games)  instead of the other 18 who have been just as bad ,if not worse. Pettersson is young and has plenty of room to improve, compared to Schenn who’s game “is what it is” now. 

Youre just wrong on this one.

You might be right. I see room for improvements, but from what I see his max potential isn't .. really high. I hope I'm wrong :)

Well, I'm guessing that since nothing seems to have been leaked about any move...that this waivers thing means very little. I feel like lately when a GM is close to doing something "big" it's basically known around the league before it happens. It wasn't much cash that was being moved anyway.

5 hours ago, Myuyum said:

Good lord man! Are you trying to drain every last ounce of blood out of Cogliano?

2 minutes ago, poum said:

Good lord man! Are you trying to drain every last ounce of blood out of Cogliano?

:D 

4 hours ago, yeaitsme said:

I would say It’s for Nylander, but I don’t want the boards to crucify me. 

I don't think Schenn's measly $800K opens up enough space for Nylander. Hell, I don't even care about Nylander anymore. There is another Leaf the Ducks should target and he's a Finn. The Ducks need a Finn in the line-up. No Finn no win.

34 minutes ago, DuckFan4Life said:
Despite many teams need for defense, Anaheim Ducks defenseman Luke Schenn cleared waivers.

Really says a lot lol

On 11/17/2018 at 8:14 PM, perry_mvp said:

I don't think Schenn's measly $800K opens up enough space for Nylander. Hell, I don't even care about Nylander anymore. There is another Leaf the Ducks should target and he's a Finn. The Ducks need a Finn in the line-up. No Finn no win.

I got 2 words to sum up the Finn You want. Kasperi Kapanen.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

On 11/19/2018 at 4:37 PM, joshuacargain said:

With two full scoops of Kasperis per box. You know the type that turns your milk blue.

Love of the goodness Stop of the jokes...sheesh.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

21 hours ago, joshuacargain said:

Ducks and the Kapanen, Maken it Happenen...

Well Kapanen is one of four Players I respect.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

2 hours ago, MooseDuck said:

Well Kapanen is one of four Players I respect.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

You only respect four players, Moose?