The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
Myuyum

Formal complaint officiating ?

When is someone gonna step up and start to send that circus to the NHL ?

Every single game the Ducks are screwed by officiating, and it ALWAYS impact the score sheet...

Just tonight the tripping on Getzlaf during the PP is under the nose of the ref and he doesn't call it.. The PP in OT for the Avs comes after a dead play, the freaking puck was in the netting ffs, how can this be missed... This is infuriating..

*best impersonation of Jack Edwards*

THIS IS UNBELIEVABLE, THE NHL SAID THEY'D LOOK AT THAT. UNBELIEVABLE.

26 minutes ago, HockeyIzCool said:

The Ducks won't complain, because they might get fined.  Or worse....calls might start going against them.  LOL!

I don't know why the ducks get this treatment from the officials.  It's league wide.  The stuff that doesn't get called is ridiculous.  In yesterday's game Rakell was tripped and was on his knees with the puck right in front of the official and no call.  There were tons like that.

Don't worry the refs will wait until the Ducks are losing about 5-0 with minutes to go .Then give them 4 pps in a row then say look at all the pps we gave you quit complaining.

The refs also have an easy ride in Anaheim.

Other rinks are more intimidating towards the refs the crowd would be on the refs back all game booing and chanting ref you suck until they are given a PP to get the crowd off their backs.

Edited by mulcher

14 minutes ago, perry_mvp said:

In a league where Marchand can lick the competition and Tom Wilson gets his suspension reduced, complaining is going to fall of deaf ears.

in a league where Cogliano gets suspended...

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Jasoaks said:

in a league where Cogliano gets suspended...

In a league where Cogliano gets his two front teeth knocked out of his head on a center ice face off with 4 officials looking right at it. Then one of them has the nerve to skate over to him and hand Cogs his teeth.

• Like 2

Nice timing on those two PPGs for the Avs

1:55 left in the 2nd period to make it 3-2.

14 seconds left in OT with a faceoff in the Ducks set up nicely for them to win it.

The number of penalties the ducks have taken compared to the rest of the teams is ridiculous. I remember someone posted a graph that showed the numbers a few years ago

26 minutes ago, Pazonator said:

The number of penalties the ducks have taken compared to the rest of the teams is ridiculous. I remember someone posted a graph that showed the numbers a few years ago

My issue isn't the penalties called on the Ducks (the one on Monty was pretty week), but the number of penalties NOT called on the opposing teams. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, DuckFan4Life said:

The Avs first goal shouldn't have counted as  Wielinski was cross-checked by the player who scored.

And there was no PP in OT as the play was dead.. Can't believe 4 refs didn't see the puck in the netting.. It's insane.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, HockeyIzCool said:

Either we are all overreacting as fans, or the Ducks organization just doesn't care, and never will.

I kind of agree with that. I wonder a lot if I'm just overreacting, if tis just a game, why do I heff to be mad. But I'm a hockey fan, I watch honestly tons of games, and I rarely see officiating as bad as against Anaheim. Bias probably? Once again I understand referee is not an easy job, but taking 4 to 5 bad decisions a game is a bit too much, especially when you watch eastern conference games, I don't recall seeing in a long time issues in officiating in Isles or Rags games, or Caps Pens.

52 minutes ago, Myuyum said:

I kind of agree with that. I wonder a lot if I'm just overreacting, if tis just a game, why do I heff to be mad. But I'm a hockey fan, I watch honestly tons of games, and I rarely see officiating as bad as against Anaheim. Bias probably? Once again I understand referee is not an easy job, but taking 4 to 5 bad decisions a game is a bit too much, especially when you watch eastern conference games, I don't recall seeing in a long time issues in officiating in Isles or Rags games, or Caps Pens.

Only when those teams play us....

• Like 1

On 11/18/2018 at 8:59 PM, Myuyum said:

When is someone gonna step up and start to send that circus to the NHL ?

Every single game the Ducks are screwed by officiating, and it ALWAYS impact the score sheet...

Just tonight the tripping on Getzlaf during the PP is under the nose of the ref and he doesn't call it.. The PP in OT for the Avs comes after a dead play, the freaking puck was in the netting ffs, how can this be missed... This is infuriating..

*best impersonation of Jack Edwards*

THIS IS UNBELIEVABLE, THE NHL SAID THEY'D LOOK AT THAT. UNBELIEVABLE.

Damn. You know someone is upset when they start throwing around the name Jack Edwards.

• Like 1

It's not hard to see why they hate the Ducks. The Disney thing which was laughed at. The Big Bad Ducks. Pests like Perry and Kesler. Though shadows of their earlier youth, still have the reputation. Not to mention all the fourth line fools BM has used over the years. There's A LOT. The constant Getz-mouth at the refs.

The current make up of this team is nothing like it has been in years previous. But there's alot of reputation going on.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, poum said:

It's not hard to see why they hate the Ducks. The Disney thing which was laughed at. The Big Bad Ducks. Pests like Perry and Kesler. Though shadows of their earlier youth, still have the reputation. Not to mention all the fourth line fools BM has used over the years. There's A LOT. The constant Getz-mouth at the refs.

The current make up of this team is nothing like it has been in years previous. But there's alot of reputation going on.

This has been an issue for many years. He’s gets emotional and heated quickly and doesn’t quit until he feels he has his point across. Compared to other captains I think he has always been on the testy side of the spectrum. He is definitely a Taurus LOL. 

1 hour ago, RobD360 said:

This has been an issue for many years. He’s gets emotional and heated quickly and doesn’t quit until he feels he has his point across. Compared to other captains I think he has always been on the testy side of the spectrum. He is definitely a Taurus LOL. 

My birth is sandwiched between Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dums (Getz/Perry) birthday. I'm glaring at you. With extreme distaste.

:P

4 hours ago, poum said:

I think Getz has come a long way with communicating with the refs. The ridiculous penalty called against him for tripping, he spoke to the refs but laughed it off.

It's really annoying that some seem to be ok with the refs based on the Ducks' history. It isn't ok that they miss obvious penalties against the opponent and at times call borderline penalties against the Ducks in the same game. For those saying the Ducks' organization doesn't do anything is not accurate. It was reported that BM had a lot to say.

1 hour ago, poum said:

My birth is sandwiched between Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dums (Getz/Perry) birthday. I'm glaring at you. With extreme distaste.

:P

Ah that explains it then, headstrong and stubborn like a bull. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, DuckFan4Life said:

I think Getz has come a long way with communicating with the refs. The ridiculous penalty called against him for tripping, he spoke to the refs but laughed it off.

It's really annoying that some seem to be ok with the refs based on the Ducks' history. It isn't ok that they miss obvious penalties against the opponent and at times call borderline penalties against the Ducks in the same game. For those saying the Ducks' organization doesn't do anything is not accurate. It was reported that BM had a lot to say.

Getz has gotten better with his diplomacy as he’s gotten older. He’s also learned a bit to back off on some arguments but in the past he would try to argue each and every thing tooth and nail with the refs. 

I think Getz is an extremely talented player (who still has the skills) but I do hope that next time we pick a more level headed player for captain (ie Scotty, Paul Kariya) they were both cool under pressure most times when discussing matters on the ice and I think it goes a long ways with the refs because in the end they are people too who are trying to do their jobs. 

51 minutes ago, DuckFan4Life said:

I honestly think most of the time it's just having four people who can call anything they please. Get rid of two of them. A linesman and a ref. They call it how they want and the players will respond accordingly. Nonesense like a backside ref calling a penalty in front of the net while the other ref is staring right at it is atrocious.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, RobD360 said:

Getz has gotten better with his diplomacy as he’s gotten older. He’s also learned a bit to back off on some arguments but in the past he would try to argue each and every thing tooth and nail with the refs. 

I think Getz is an extremely talented player (who still has the skills) but I do hope that next time we pick a more level headed player for captain (ie Scotty, Paul Kariya) they were both cool under pressure most times when discussing matters on the ice and I think it goes a long ways with the refs because in the end they are people too who are trying to do their jobs. 

Having Scotty didn't help at all with the calls against the Ducks.

With how advanced AI is getting, I wouldn’t be surprised that the human ref gets replaced with cameras and an all seeing AI that catches everything and is utmost objectional about the penalties it gives out in the future. But honesty even then fans of every team will be screaming bloody murder that AI is rigged or got hacked somehow despite the replay showing  absolutely a penalty even as technical as it can be

Edited by RobD360