The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
Myuyum

Formal complaint officiating ?

2 hours ago, poum said:

I honestly think most of the time it's just having four people who can call anything they please. Get rid of two of them. A linesman and a ref. They call it how they want and the players will respond accordingly. Nonesense like a backside ref calling a penalty in front of the net while the other ref is staring right at it is atrocious.

Agree - it makes no sense for a ref to call penalty from 60+ feet with players in-between and the other ref standing 5 feet and looking at it doesn't make a call. Should be some way to mitigate that i.e. have the two refs get together BEFORE they penalize the player - they should agree. Evan the NFL is making strides in that arena.

2 hours ago, RobD360 said:

With how advanced AI is getting, I wouldn’t be surprised that the human ref gets replaced with cameras and an all seeing AI that catches everything and is utmost objectional about the penalties it gives out in the future. But honesty even then fans of every team will be screaming bloody murder that AI is rigged or got hacked somehow despite the replay showing  absolutely a penalty even as technical as it can be

I'm surprised we haven't gotten to this point in baseball yet. Have a computer call balls and strikes, the call should be right every time.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Myuyum said:

Interference on Rakell by Watson, Watson scores 4sec after. 1-0 NSH.

Was watching the FoxGo feed. When the main feed went to commercial, the play-by-play guys (unaware their mics were still live), agreed on the interference call, but suggested the goal was deserved because of the poor effort the Ducks demonstrated during the two prior power plays. Way to go guys.

19 hours ago, DucksFanX said:

Was watching the FoxGo feed. When the main feed went to commercial, the play-by-play guys (unaware their mics were still live), agreed on the interference call, but suggested the goal was deserved because of the poor effort the Ducks demonstrated during the two prior power plays. Way to go guys.

I actually sort of agree though, there definitely was interference, but Rakell stood like a pylon after it :(

19 hours ago, Myuyum said:

I actually sort of agree though, there definitely was interference, but Rakell stood like a pylon after it :(

They're terrified to hit...i don't get it.

As I am the first one to complain, I need to also congratulate officiating : Wes McCauley and Tim Peel have been excellent tonight. Not only because the Ducks win, of course, but they made some calls that were not that easy. (I think Gibbons shouldn't have taken the high stick as I think Kucherov is lifting his stick in his own face bur that's the only thing I can see)

2 hours ago, Myuyum said:

As I am the first one to complain, I need to also congratulate officiating : Wes McCauley and Tim Peel have been excellent tonight. Not only because the Ducks win, of course, but they made some calls that were not that easy. (I think Gibbons shouldn't have taken the high stick as I think Kucherov is lifting his stick in his own face bur that's the only thing I can see)

Wes McCauley is the best referee in the game hands down.  Too bad more aren't like him

• Like 2

1 hour ago, hoxxey said:

Wes McCauley is the best referee in the game hands down.  Too bad more aren't like him

Yep, he has a great feel for the game.

I honestly don't mind Tim Peel either. He makes some bad calls sometimes but at least he's not biased against certain teams ala Kozari.

I start to wonder if it is Anaheim itself.  Do the Ducks have to pay for the accommodations for the ref squad? Are they put up in the Ayers hotel across the street or any other nice Disney area hotel or are they in one of the hooker filled motels on south Harbor Blvd.  They might be bent out of shape even before they get to the Ponda.

On 11/27/2018 at 11:32 PM, nieder said:

Yep, he has a great feel for the game.

I honestly don't mind Tim Peel either. He makes some bad calls sometimes but at least he's not biased against certain teams ala Kozari.

I think Peel has gotten much better.  I don't mind seeing him out there, although I rather liked the late Mick McGeough.  At least I knew what I was getting with him on the ice.  

I don't think Tim Peel is biased either.  Wes McCauley is still the best though. Too bad the fans couldn't rate the officials and have a public posting of data.  Although there would a few bad (bogus) reviews, I think the fans would be pretty objective.  I think Kelly Sutherland is a quality ref and fair.

18 minutes ago, Fowl said:

I think Peel has gotten much better.  I don't mind seeing him out there, although I rather liked the late Mick McGeough.  At least I knew what I was getting with him on the ice.  

I don't think Tim Peel is biased either.  Wes McCauley is still the best though. Too bad the fans couldn't rate the officials and have a public posting of data.  Although there would a few bad (bogus) reviews, I think the fans would be pretty objective.  I think Kelly Sutherland is a quality ref and fair.

I think that's the exact opposite of what fans would be.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, gorbachav5 said:

Like all review sites, people figure out whose opinions have value.

PS:  I subscribed to your The Athletic rag.  Looks promising.

Edited by Fowl

formal complaint idea....  

It would take an effort outside the Ducks organization...  like a media company or and internet company....  cough.cough.cough . @ZTHER

A video that is produced to look, feel and sound exactly like the NHL videos sent out on social media that explain suspensions.

"Here we have Peter Forsberg. On this play he's actually holding the stick of Manson, but then dives to the ice as Manson gets two for tripping'"

"Here we clearly see Watson interfere with Rakell and lose the puck. Four seconds later, Nashville scores"

"Here we see the Ducks player cross checked. No call. A few seconds later that player scores."

In EVERY shot of real footage of theses acts, there needs to be some real footage of the exact same infraction and to the same degree from another game  where it was called.  Even better if you could get multiple videos where it was called from multiple games.

Keep the theme on the penalties NOT called to put the Ducks on the PP with the same acts that are called all the time in other games. That's the real problem here.

Make a 5 minute long youtube video and then we all share it like crazy on social media.

Edited by JiggyToTheCup
  • Like 5

16 hours ago, JiggyToTheCup said:

It would take an effort outside the Ducks organization...  like a media company or and internet company....  cough.cough.cough . @ZTHER

A video that is produced to look, feel and sound exactly like the NHL videos sent out on social media that explain suspensions.

"Here we have Peter Forsberg. On this play he's actually holding the stick of Manson, but then dives to the ice as Manson gets two for tripping'"

"Here we clearly see Watson interfere with Rakell and lose the puck. Four seconds later, Nashville scores"

"Here we see the Ducks player cross checked. No call. A few seconds later that player scores."

In EVERY shot of real footage of theses acts, there needs to be some real footage of the exact same infraction and to the same degree from another game  where it was called.  Even better if you could get multiple videos where it was called from multiple games.

Keep the theme on the penalties NOT called to put the Ducks on the PP with the same acts that are called all the time in other games. That's the real problem here.

Make a 5 minute long youtube video and then we all share it like crazy on social media.

Dad Forsberg is fine. Filip though :P

• Like 1

16 hours ago, JiggyToTheCup said:

Man I've always wanted to make a video like that...I just get overwhelmed with how much there is haha

1 hour ago, JiggyToTheCup said:

Aberg gets tripped no call.  5 minutes later, he does the same trip and gets called.  Put that on the video please.

And your point is ??????? No SURPRISE !!

On 11/29/2018 at 3:30 PM, gorbachav5 said:

I don't think I know anyone in the restaurant/bar/service industry who's immediate reaction to Yelp isn't a long string of expletives.

1 hour ago, Fowl said:

Jobbed by the officials again.....incompetent Brad Meier and some AHL guy.

The 1st goal comes out full 2 BS calls yeah. The rest.. not so much, Ducks sucked. In the third Yotes actually scored, and it wasn't given to them. The only call that impacted the scoreboard was the 1st goal for Yotes. Yes Meier is a clown and forgot at least 3 obvious tripping.. but Ducks definitely shot themselves in the skates tonight.

10 hours ago, Fowl said:

Jobbed by the officials again.....incompetent Brad Meier and some AHL guy.

The Ducks had 5 PP's including a 5 on 3 as opposed to the Yotes 3 PP's. Point the finger at the clowns wearing the Ducks jerseys because they had opportunities to put Arizona away and jobbed themselves.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, perry_mvp said:

The Ducks had 5 PP's including a 5 on 3 as opposed to the Yotes 3 PP's. Point the finger at the clowns wearing the Ducks jerseys because they had opportunities to put Arizona away and jobbed themselves.

Totally agree.  The power play is flawed.  It's a miracle if they ever get set up.