The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
Myuyum

Formal complaint officiating ?

1 hour ago, perry_mvp said:

The Ducks had 5 PP's including a 5 on 3 as opposed to the Yotes 3 PP's. Point the finger at the clowns wearing the Ducks jerseys because they had opportunities to put Arizona away and jobbed themselves.

Yup. Agreed. But there was also a lot to like about them last night too as far as offensive goes but they are a mess in the backend. 

2 hours ago, mightyducks2007 said:

That's was the worst ,Ref standing right there,Gibson clearly controlled that puck,NHL must get control ,ruining a great game,making it hard to watch.

Well sure, if you're a Ducks fan.  They have their agenda.

15 hours ago, mightyducks2007 said:

That's was the worst ,Ref standing right there,Gibson clearly controlled that puck,NHL must get control ,ruining a great game,making it hard to watch.

Nothing surprises me anymore.  Have no idea how they could have missed that.  Tough loss, I thought the boys battled hard last night.

16 hours ago, mightyducks2007 said:

2 things to address, 1. Please use proper punctuation, your post is extremely hard to read, it's not that difficult to do it the right way.

2. As a Ducks fan, you should realize by now the Ref's will not call a fair game against us. It seems like they are still po'd about us as a team started by Disney, and we won the cup in 2007 against the teams and the Ref's.  Hopefully some day someone will stand up to the league and get that bias removed, but don't hold your breath. Probably not going to happen in a league when you try to bring substandard officiating up, you get fined for it, and at that point they still won't address it even after you paying your heavy fine. The team has overcome all the adversities in past years, and once we get our injured players back, there's a chance we could turn the losing around. That's just my personal opinion and not an official one.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, WolfgangDuck said:

Nothing surprises me anymore.  Have no idea how they could have missed that.  Tough loss, I thought the boys battled hard last night.

I have no problem with the Ducks losing when they play badly or are clearly outplayed by their opponent. But when the refs clearly tilt the ice with one sided officiating it becomes a bitter pill to swallow. Especially since this is a reoccurring issue over the last several weeks.

16 minutes ago, Shadowduck said:

I have no problem with the Ducks losing when they play badly or are clearly outplayed by their opponent. But when the refs clearly tilt the ice with one sided officiating it becomes a bitter pill to swallow. Especially since this is a reoccurring issue over the last several weeks.

No one is going to defend the officiating, especially last night’s, but the Ducks were still outplayed by Vegas yet again. I think that’s been and continues the bigger issue.

Edited by BombaysTripleDeke
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

No one is going to defend the officiating, especially last night’s, but the Ducks were still outplayed by Vegas yet again. I think that’s been and continues the bigger issue.

Except we all know the Duck's play is inconsistent. The topic of THIS thread is about the terrible officiating and how biased it is against the Ducks not the level of play by the Ducks.

21 hours ago, Shadowduck said:

Except we all know the Duck's play is inconsistent. The topic of THIS thread is about the terrible officiating and how biased it is against the Ducks not the level of play by the Ducks.

That's fine. I agree that the officiating hasn't been good overall and it's fine criticizing them, but it's definitely not the most pressing issue for the Ducks or why they have lost 7 straight. When the refs start regularly costing the Ducks wins and points that they otherwise would have gotten rather than their play then I think officiating becomes a more important issue. I don't think that there is some bias or conspiracy against the Ducks though. I think that the simplest explanation is that they are usually getting outplayed, and losing the possession and scoring chance battles on most nights, so they are just going to be in a position to have more calls go against them.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

That's fine. I agree that the officiating hasn't been good overall and it's fine criticizing them, but it's definitely not the most pressing issue for the Ducks or why they have lost 7 straight. When the refs start regularly costing the Ducks wins and points that they otherwise would have gotten rather than their play then I think officiating becomes a more important issue. I don't think that there is some bias or conspiracy against the Ducks though. I think that the simplest explanation is that they are usually getting outplayed, and losing the possession and scoring chance battles on most nights, so they are just going to be in a position to have more calls go against them.

You are correct HOWEVER the biggest issue seems to me that the Refs' DON'T call the same play against the team that we are playing. - like the OBVIOUS tripping that wasn't called the other night. Seems to be a  pattern me - for quite a few years.. IMHO

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, DUCKSDOC said:

You are correct HOWEVER the biggest issue seems to me that the Refs' DON'T call the same play against the team that we are playing. - like the OBVIOUS tripping that wasn't called the other night. Seems to be a  pattern me - for quite a few years.. IMHO

That's valid and we've seen where that has been an issue with Carlyle and Hayward voicing their frustration with it on several occasions. It is a fair criticism and it should be called out when it happens but I don't want the officiating to be used as a way to deflect away from far bigger issues with the Ducks. I think that talks of some conspiracy or huge bias does do that. It's not as though the Ducks would be a playoff lock or a contender if they only had better officiating.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

All true points.  The refs are not the ones not taking their man, allowing the opposition to score goals, missing the net and the litany of things the ducks don't do and aren't doing now during this losing streak (which I don't see ending anytime soon).

The expression "nothing is safe" translates to "leads aren't safe" and the great goaltending is starting to wane.  Dude can only do so much...

It's depressing..

5 hours ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

That's valid and we've seen where that has been an issue with Carlyle and Hayward voicing their frustration with it on several occasions. It is a fair criticism and it should be called out when it happens but I don't want the officiating to be used as a way to deflect away from far bigger issues with the Ducks. I think that talks of some conspiracy or huge bias does do that. It's not as though the Ducks would be a playoff lock or a contender if they only had better officiating.

4 hours ago, hoxxey said:

All true points.  The refs are not the ones not taking their man, allowing the opposition to score goals, missing the net and the litany of things the ducks don't do and aren't doing now during this losing streak (which I don't see ending anytime soon).

The expression "nothing is safe" translates to "leads aren't safe" and the great goaltending is starting to wane.  Dude can only do so much...

It's depressing..

Both great points, It will  be up to the leadership in the locker room to not let those feelings of  " a conspiracy " effect the brains and play of the team, They can just " let it go " or use it as a motivator for the team to come together and play through it. 

McCauley is by far the best ref the NHL have. All his calls make sense. Or at least most of them :)

• Like 1

How about formal complaint NHL Player Safety?

Not even a look at the knee Shore took yet....

Anaheim’s Nick Ritchie has been fined $4,121.86, the maximum allowable under the CBA, for Cross-checking Montreal’s Christian Folin.

5 minutes ago, DuckFan4Life said:

@theidiots 

Anaheim’s Ryan Getzlaf has been fined $2,500, for Roughing Los Angeles’ Adrian Kempe.

I just saw this on NHL.com and made a posts about it. I was listening on the radio and I don't remember hearing any of this.

It's the referees that should be fined in that game.  They let LA away with so many penalties.  It's human nature to react as the ducks did.  The game was over.  Let it go.  Dumb big egos at work here.  One ref is Chris Lee.  He's the worst...

• Like 2

On 4/7/2019 at 11:35 AM, hoxxey said:

It's the referees that should be fined in that game.  They let LA away with so many penalties.  It's human nature to react as the ducks did.  The game was over.  Let it go.  Dumb big egos at work here.  One ref is Chris Lee.  He's the worst...

Did someone say Chris Lee?  He and the Ducks go way back.  He keeps doing such a wonderful job that the league keeps hiring him back year after year after year after...., so perhaps he's sleeping with someone in the executive offices.

On 4/7/2019 at 4:39 PM, Fisix said:

definitely.  those non-calls on the obvious trips.. were total BS.

That non call on the Dustin Brown trip was a joke. One of the most obvious calls you will ever see and they missed it. Unbelievable.

• Like 1