Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Spike1981

Anaheim Trip

4 posts in this topic

I plan to go to Anaheim in February-March 2019. 

do you know a good (cheaper) motel/hotel? For stay 15 days. 

And which time the Ducks have training in the Honda Center? 8 am? I want to take some pics...

Sadly with Disney that close, it's not gonna be simple to find a "cheap hotel". Most of them are $110 nightly, the best I could find for you would be Big A Motel (2 stars) for $70 a night.

I can't recommend anything cheap but I stayed at the Ayres across the road from the Ponda and that was great. I would stay there again. 

Training isn't open to the public but if you want to try and get some pics/signatures from the players on the way into the rink you need to be there from around 8am to 9am. They all come in around that window at different times depending on what their routine is. The players all park outside for practice and enter through the doors next to the team store. So hang around there. Some of the guys won't stop but some will.

Good luck and have fun! I love SoCal, it's a fun place.

Edited by nieder

If you're around for 15 days, you might want to look into renting an apartment/house short term, in Brea, Yorba Linda, Fullerton, Anaheim (probably expensive in Anaheim), Tustin, Placentia, maybe Garden Grove, Fountain Valley.  You could go as far north as La Habra - decent neighborhood, probably some cheap living places.

Anywhere along the 57 is pretty good, 55 not as much , 5/405 good but expensive.  You can save a lot of $$ by getting something with a kitchen.  If you're on perdiem, maybe that doesn't matter.