The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RobD360

Miller

So the big question looming; will Miller resign with the team after his contract ends this year. If so, how much and how long do you all think?

i hope you resigns. The guy totally has it and is still solid. I’m thinking another 2 years. He currently is making $2 mill per year and I hope he once again accepts that same amount. But if he wants a raise (and he deserves it) maybe $300,00-$500,000 in addition? What do you all think?

Miller came to Anaheim to be closer to his wife that works in Hollywood, right? So if he wants to stay in this area his options are pretty limited. Though at this point in his career he is probably also thinking about picking a team with the best chance to win a Cup, so I guess he could consider a team like San Jose as they aren't too far away.

12 minutes ago, nieder said:

Miller came to Anaheim to be closer to his wife that works in Hollywood, right? So if he wants to stay in this area his options are pretty limited. Though at this point in his career he is probably also thinking about picking a team with the best chance to win a Cup, so I guess he could consider a team like San Jose as they aren't too far away.

San Jose could really use him...but that's my perspective as I don't think Jones really is much to write home about lol Doug Wilson probably feels differently...but if we aren't in a playoff position come the deadline...he'll probably be moved is my guess. There will be MANY teams looking for support in goal and Miller will be the best available to provide that. So, if he resigns after that -- we'll see. But yeah...I agree, he'll probably want to stay in the area.

18 minutes ago, nieder said:

He would be ours to lose. I agree sign him for 2 years at 2.5M year or 3 years for 2.25 M. He is in great shape and he must be happy to be at HOME with his wife and family. San Jose is still a day trip away - he probably lives 15-30 minutes away from the Honda Center. IMHO

His decision might depend on what Bob does as far as trading improvements on the team and who will be the coach. Not sure if he would resign if nothing significantly changes unless this current team roster continues to do well

3 hours ago, RobD360 said:

His decision might depend on what Bob does as far as trading improvements on the team and who will be the coach. Not sure if he would resign if nothing significantly changes unless this current team roster continues to do well

We can only hope and wait what our Ducks will do in coming games and battles ahead Rob. Ryan Miller has been one of our best Goalies in recent memory for the Ducks.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

3 hours ago, MooseDuck said:

We can only hope and wait what our Ducks will do in coming games and battles ahead Rob. Ryan Miller has been one of our best Goalies in recent memory for the Ducks.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

You mean in addition to Gibson?

Miller may make a great goalie coach if he chooses to go that way, I say Todd Marchant him into our franchise.

Also: let him play for 2 more years after the current deal runs out.

Sure hope the injury he took tonight is just a MINOR - couldn't tell from the way he left the ice !! We NEED him. IMHO