The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

niltes

playoffs

it seems like every year at this time the hockey talking heads on radio and tv keep on

saying that 4 or maybe 5 teams from the central division will qualify for the playoffs.

this only leaves 3 or 4 spots available for the west.  this might happen,  but what

is not factored in is how concentrated the divisional games become in march and april;

meaning that all those strong central division teams feast upon each other opening

the door for the western teams to qualify.  even now,  there are 5 teams from the west

in qualifying position with 2 or 3 teams from the division likely out of it.  this bodes

well for the future and hopefully for the ducks to get healthy and make the playoffs.  

For all the grief we have given the team and the coaching staff, they actually find themselves in a very good position with game #35 coming up. 41pts has them tied with 2nd in the Pacific and 9th overall in the league. 

Problem is everyone keeps winning around them. It's a good time the team is 8-2 in their last 10, because here is what the Pacific has done recently:

Calgary: 8-1-1

San Jose: 6-3-1

Vegas: 7-2-1

Edmonton: 7-2-1

If I had to guess, I would say it will probably take at least 97pts to get in the playoffs this year. Calgary looks the strongest so far out of all the Pacific teams. If they ever get a decent goalie, watch out.

11 hours ago, BlazingEtem said:

For all the grief we have given the team and the coaching staff, they actually find themselves in a very good position with game #35 coming up. 41pts has them tied with 2nd in the Pacific and 9th overall in the league. 

Problem is everyone keeps winning around them. It's a good time the team is 8-2 in their last 10, because here is what the Pacific has done recently:

Calgary: 8-1-1

San Jose: 6-3-1

Vegas: 7-2-1

Edmonton: 7-2-1

If I had to guess, I would say it will probably take at least 97pts to get in the playoffs this year. Calgary looks the strongest so far out of all the Pacific teams. If they ever get a decent goalie, watch out.

I agree but I think we might squeak in with 94 points - which we could get IF Gibby and Miller  avoid any further injuries. It bothers me that Kestler seems to be slow and not active as much as he used to be. May be that he is at the end of his career :(