twointhecrowd

Just wondering:

21 posts in this topic

If THIS team was the basketball team that owner Henry S. so dearly wanted, would he tolerate the underachieving mess THIS team has been for the last several years?

With Gibson there is no hope.

I'm not going to pretend this team is good at the moment Theryre really sizo at the moment. Win some and lose some. F-'carlyele.

Wasn't it the Sacramento Kings who were supposed to move to Anaheim a few years ago? The Anaheim Kings (lmao) would likely be in even worse shape than the Ducks. That entire organization has been a hilariously mismanaged Edmonton Oilers sized mess for over a decade. If you think no Stanley Cups since 2007 is bad, try not even making the playoffs since 2006.

4 hours ago, twointhecrowd said:

If THIS team was the basketball team that owner Henry S. so dearly wanted, would he tolerate the underachieving mess THIS team has been for the last several years?

With Gibson there is no hope.

Seriously? you think Gibson is the problem?

How can any goalie be motivated to bail their team out every period of every game? I think you need to look at the current system and the current inconsistent play by every player in front of Gibby. 

Address the following defensive aspects before you write-off Gibson

1. Clear out the damn crease.

2. Be more aware of the late man crashing the far post.

3. Forwards in own zone...lock up a stick and stop being puck focused.

4. Stop reaching or waiting for the puck and skate hard to it.

5. Take the body and knock someone off the puck. you dont have to skate next to them waiting for them to shoot of lose control of the puck.

6. Keep the puck moving north when having possession in the defensive zone near the blue line.

3 people like this

1 hour ago, ducks07 said:

How can any goalie be motivated to bail their team out every period of every game? I think you need to look at the current system and the current inconsistent play by every player in front of Gibby. 

5. Take the body and knock someone off the puck. you dont have to skate next to them waiting for them to shoot of lose control of the puck.

6. Keep the puck moving north when having possession in the defensive zone near the blue line.

Get to 50 50 pucks and put bodies on on opposing players.

Much of hockey rewards the team getting to the puck and slowing down speedy opposing players.

1 hour ago, ducks07 said:

The problem with Gibson is that's he's too good. He's keeping this team from getting a top-3 draft pick this year.

6 people like this

16 minutes ago, nieder said:

The problem with Gibson is that's he's too good. He's keeping this team from getting a top-3 draft pick this year.

This. haha

but even he seems to be fed up as someone put it in the GDT...he's almost exclusively playing the shooter on those odd man rushes...not that he shouldn't...but he seems to be even more aggressively and reacting to the shooter and if he passes Gibson seems to just...almost seems like he's assuming it went in now lol but it's him basically saying to the D "do your fraking job" like he can only make so many amazing lateral movement saves before he gets tired of them OR he doesn't think the groin injury risk is worth it...i think there was some play near the end of last nights game where after the odd man rush, the Oilers passed it and I think Gibson just assumed it went in...like he stood up and turned towards the net...but it didn't go in lol

26 minutes ago, nieder said:

Just wait and he WILL get hurt - just as Perry comes back. That has been our LUCK ( bad ) for the last several years !!!

11 minutes ago, DUCKSDOC said:

Just wait and he WILL get hurt - just as Perry comes back. That has been our LUCK ( bad ) for the last several years !!!

Perry is not going to save this team anyway.

Badly in need of a 2nd line center and a pillar on defense.....among other things.

We had Perry last year as I recall and this year's version will be out of game condition, another year older, recovering from major knee surgery Perry.

Does anyone else here wish Gibson would skip the All Star game? Makes me nervous. Perhaps a mystery lower body injury will occur in the game prior to the break.

Edited by wataduk
2 people like this

3 hours ago, ducks07 said:

#4 has been going on all year.

1 person likes this

55 minutes ago, WolfgangDuck said:

Is it also just coincidence that this complaint is #4 on the list?

Actually, never mind. 1, 2, 5 and 6 also apply to #4.

Win some,Lose Some mentality is getting annoying..Inconsistency,Injuries and Breakdowns of Defense and lack of Offense has been like a Flu to our Ducks This year.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

5 hours ago, ducks07 said:

What about 7 through 10?  Ha Ha

One of the things Ducks need to do is not...Rely on Gibson Alot..Anyone remeber how Giggy had to be relied on ALOT to get things done. NEWFLASH TO ALL..Gibson is Not Giguere....PERIOD.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

2 hours ago, WolfgangDuck said:

It's been particularly bad the past 5 games or so.  Wellinski in particular.  Either he's constantly tired, or something else is the matter.  I mean, it's visibly really, really bad.

On 1/7/2019 at 2:00 PM, wataduk said:

Perry is not going to save this team anyway.

Badly in need of a 2nd line center and a pillar on defense.....among other things.

We had Perry last year as I recall and this year's version will be out of game condition, another year older, recovering from major knee surgery Perry.

Does anyone else here wish Gibson would skip the All Star game? Makes me nervous. Perhaps a mystery lower body injury will occur in the game prior to the break.

AGREE - remember what happened to Jonas - the injury basically ended his career. IMHO Perhaps the new system will protect him ( I hope )

2 people like this

13 minutes ago, DUCKSDOC said:

AGREE - remember what happened to Jonas - the injury basically ended his career. IMHO Perhaps the new system will protect him ( I hope )

I'm less worried about a Swiss case of vertigo than I am of a slap stick fall when Pronger tripped and fell over an extension cable or something along those lines.

[Edit] I had to watch it when Pronger tried to troll Perry's interview. Pronger is all smiles while Perry is trying not to be boring.

Edited by poum

On 1/7/2019 at 5:31 PM, MooseDuck said:

One of the things Ducks need to do is not...Rely on Gibson Alot..Anyone remeber how Giggy had to be relied on ALOT to get things done. NEWFLASH TO ALL..Gibson is Not Giguere....PERIOD.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

Are...are you trying to say Giguere > Gibson?

I mean...not a comparison I've actually thought about...so...I think Gibson has Giguere beat on skill...but mental focus and being clutch...Giguere is Giguere but Gibson hasn't really had a chance to show his stuff for that. For the most part Gibson seems to be fine in that category, too. I mean, every night he's giving us a chance to win basically.

Yeah, I love Giguere...but I think Gibson > Giguere.

Leadership/passion I'd take Giguere all day...but...Gibson doesn't have that experience yet to be that way. Really. He's very calm. Doesn't mean he doesn't have passion though.

Edited by Jasoaks
1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Jasoaks said:

Are...are you trying to say Giguere > Gibson?

I mean...not a comparison I've actually thought about...so...I think Gibson has Giguere beat on skill...but mental focus and being clutch...Giguere is Giguere but Gibson hasn't really had a chance to show his stuff for that. For the most part Gibson seems to be fine in that category, too. I mean, every night he's giving us a chance to win basically.

Yeah, I love Giguere...but I think Gibson > Giguere.

Leadership/passion I'd take Giguere all day...but...Gibson doesn't have that experience yet to be that way. Really. He's very calm. Doesn't mean he doesn't have passion though.

Good Point...Giguere better then Gibson?...well I am not trying to compare just saying they seem to rely on him alot like Giggy. Giguere is Ducks Legendary Goalie and the Best hands down...Gibson is making his mark and will do it in his own way. yes He is Calm and I think THAT is character Trait to have. I mean it would be Great if Ducks had something of Gigure-Gibson Goaltending Duo.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

1 person likes this

14 hours ago, MooseDuck said:

Good Point...Giguere better then Gibson?...well I am not trying to compare just saying they seem to rely on him alot like Giggy. Giguere is Ducks Legendary Goalie and the Best hands down...Gibson is making his mark and will do it in his own way. yes He is Calm and I think THAT is character Trait to have. I mean it would be Great if Ducks had something of Gigure-Gibson Goaltending Duo.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

I believe that as Gibson get a bit older ( without any SERIOUS INJURIES ) HE will surpass JSG AND if he gets the opportunity to play in and win the WCF and get to the SC Finals he will be the GOAT for the Ducks' goal tenders. IMHO

1 person likes this