The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
ChicagoDucksFan

Is Kesler healthy?

On 5/16/2019 at 4:52 PM, dtsdlaw said:

The cap will be at $86M by 2020-21, they'll be one season away from shedding Perry's $8.65M cap hit, and the Ducks will have no major contracts to give out between now and then to current players. This team will not be handcuffed in any way shape or form... IF GMBM wants to wade into the UFA market for a big fish.

IF Bob Wants to wad into the UFA Market he should do it that it will help 1.Develop of Young Ducks and 2. Create Excitment and Spark this team in completing their Restoration and Rebuild.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

12 hours ago, MooseDuck said:

IF Bob Wants to wad into the UFA Market he should do it that it will help 1.Develop of Young Ducks and 2. Create Excitment and Spark this team in completing their Restoration and Rebuild.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

Kesler has 2 Years remaining at $6.875 Million cap hit each year.  Ducks have to pay Perry for 3 seasons, $5 Million the upcoming season, but then it drops to $2M for 2021-22 & 2022-23.

Getzlaf's contract expires at the end of next season, and he'll make $6 Million.  Would he take a discount on a Retirement contract, so the team can land a big fish in 2021, and then another in 2022?

10 hours ago, HockeyIzCool said:

Kesler has 2 Years remaining at $6.875 Million cap hit each year.  Ducks have to pay Perry for 3 seasons, $5 Million the upcoming season, but then it drops to $2M for 2021-22 & 2022-23.

Getzlaf's contract expires at the end of next season, and he'll make $6 Million.  Would he take a discount on a Retirement contract, so the team can land a big fish in 2021, and then another in 2022?

Who knows you tell me IZCool....besides everything needs to taken into account for what Ducks need to do.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

18 hours ago, HockeyIzCool said:

I originally didn't think Getzlaf would get anywhere near the $8.25M he is getting now if he signed an extension. But then I remembered big Joe Thornton scored 50 points in 2016-2017 and signed a 1 year $8M deal at age 37. If Getz scores 50 points next year at age 36 will he get a similar deal? Maybe less per year if he gets a 2 year deal? $6.5M per year over 2 years?

22 hours ago, nieder said:

I originally didn't think Getzlaf would get anywhere near the $8.25M he is getting now if he signed an extension. But then I remembered big Joe Thornton scored 50 points in 2016-2017 and signed a 1 year $8M deal at age 37. If Getz scores 50 points next year at age 36 will he get a similar deal? Maybe less per year if he gets a 2 year deal? $6.5M per year over 2 years?

I wonder too...If he is going to do that path you say or one with Joe Thornton entering 1 year 8Mil.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

On 5/23/2020 at 3:41 PM, nieder said:

If the team was competing for a long run or had a chance to win it, I could see Getz taking a discount to help the team add that final piece and to give himself one last shot at another cup. With the team hurting and about to have some space, I don’t know why he would take a discount. There is no real reason for it outside of him letting the owners off the hook for a couple million.

Without Getz we have no real ‘big name’ players on the ice do we? Idk if the rest of the league considers it. Maybe Gibson but I fell like the rest of the core are B list Actor/player kind of guys. Second line tier. Getz might put butts in the stands. Pay the man. Do people get Season tickets to see Fowler or Silvferberg? I would rather pay Getz more to keep him around and on the team for another season or two just to have a little extra something to look forward to (my person opinion on players I want to watch).

I don’t really think the team will have a ton of upside for a couple more seasons, if we get lucky with some picks, gems hidden in the draft, surprising UFA signings, young guys finally waking the heck up! We, or at least I, need Getz for the excitement/passion aspect he brings.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ike-1 said:

If the team was competing for a long run or had a chance to win it, I could see Getz taking a discount to help the team add that final piece and to give himself one last shot at another cup. With the team hurting and about to have some space, I don’t know why he would take a discount. There is no real reason for it outside of him letting the owners off the hook for a couple million.

Without Getz we have no real ‘big name’ players on the ice do we? Idk if the rest of the league considers it. Maybe Gibson but I fell like the rest of the core are B list Actor/player kind of guys. Second line tier. Getz might put butts in the stands. Pay the man. Do people get Season tickets to see Fowler or Silvferberg? I would rather pay Getz more to keep him around and on the team for another season or two just to have a little extra something to look forward to (my person opinion on players I want to watch).

I don’t really think the team will have a ton of upside for a couple more seasons, if we get lucky with some picks, gems hidden in the draft, surprising UFA signings, young guys finally waking the heck up! We, or at least I, need Getz for the excitement/passion aspect he brings.

I think it's even more so unpredictable to really get a good sense of what to expect once the next season starts with this team. A TON more rest than usual -- physical and mental. Does Miller retire? Do we go after Pietrangelo? Do we fire the assistants? I feel like moves like firing the assistants just seem more difficult since they didn't get to "finish the season with the new coach." Do we let the staff have another shot at a full season? And the players that Bob was saying he "put on notice" before the season paused?

Firing the assistants, signing Pietrangelo, and moving young guys/prospects (not Zegras) to get a legit forward...and putting Terry in Center... maybe Zegras comes up? Is he ready (probably not)? But if these things happen..I don't see why we couldn't be a legit team literally next season.

But to be fair, I'm always believing at the beginning of the season this team can be a legit contender haha

Also -- I thought I read somewhere that Getz didn't want to leave Anaheim. So... *shrug* whatever that would mean.

15 hours ago, Jasoaks said:

I think it's even more so unpredictable to really get a good sense of what to expect once the next season starts with this team. A TON more rest than usual -- physical and mental. Does Miller retire? Do we go after Pietrangelo? Do we fire the assistants? I feel like moves like firing the assistants just seem more difficult since they didn't get to "finish the season with the new coach." Do we let the staff have another shot at a full season? And the players that Bob was saying he "put on notice" before the season paused?

Firing the assistants, signing Pietrangelo, and moving young guys/prospects (not Zegras) to get a legit forward...and putting Terry in Center... maybe Zegras comes up? Is he ready (probably not)? But if these things happen..I don't see why we couldn't be a legit team literally next season.

But to be fair, I'm always believing at the beginning of the season this team can be a legit contender haha

Also -- I thought I read somewhere that Getz didn't want to leave Anaheim. So... *shrug* whatever that would mean.

Well one thing to note is Getzlaf has Family and is married OC Local name Paige.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

The Ducks haven't had a superstar player who spent his entire career with the club.  Getzlaf is going to be that guy.  His next contract may or may not be his last, that remains to be seen.

The only other question is whether the Ducks intend to retire Giguere's jersey, otherwise Getzlaf is most likely to be the next one retired a few years from now.

14 hours ago, HockeyIzCool said:

The Ducks haven't had a superstar player who spent his entire career with the club.  Getzlaf is going to be that guy.  His next contract may or may not be his last, that remains to be seen.

The only other question is whether the Ducks intend to retire Giguere's jersey, otherwise Getzlaf is most likely to be the next one retired a few years from now.

IF Ducks retire Giggy's Number I will be there.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

15 hours ago, HockeyIzCool said:

Oh man, I hope so. I don't understand how Scotty's would get retired but not Gigueres.

But to clarify, I am all on board with retiring Scotty's...just wouldn't have done it before Jiggy lol

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Jasoaks said:

Oh man, I hope so. I don't understand how Scotty's would get retired but not Gigueres.

But to clarify, I am all on board with retiring Scotty's...just wouldn't have done it before Jiggy lol

Giggy was best Goalie in Ducks History and top Goalie in History. He deserves to have No 35 retired...His Moosehead Uni is retired here in Halifax.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

i guess - did we already mention that Kesler went under the knife again and had a new metal head installed onto one of his femurs/into one of his hip joints?

there's a pretty gnarly pic on twitter - with the surgical team reflected in what looks like a stainless steel ball peaking out of an open hip and secured to the top of a femur.  

14 hours ago, Fisix said:

i guess - did we already mention that Kesler went under the knife again and had a new metal head installed onto one of his femurs/into one of his hip joints?

there's a pretty gnarly pic on twitter - with the surgical team reflected in what looks like a stainless steel ball peaking out of an open hip and secured to the top of a femur.  

I saw that and I regret seeing it.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

Wondering why the Samueli’s leave the fans hanging while being $10 million under the cap yet are perfectly ok with stuffing $3 Billion worth of retail in the Honda  enter parking lot. I’d rather hav a Stanley cup that an extra hour of traffic.

Kesler is Warrior and Outspoken anyone see his Twitter and his view on RTP Plan?.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

On 6/26/2020 at 12:35 PM, THEBOAGS said:

Wondering why the Samueli’s leave the fans hanging while being $10 million under the cap yet are perfectly ok with stuffing $3 Billion worth of retail in the Honda  enter parking lot. I’d rather hav a Stanley cup that an extra hour of traffic.

The team is rebuilding. Why go hard up against the cap right now? They were pretty much spending to the cap from 2013 to 2017 when the team was competitive.

53 minutes ago, nieder said:

The team is rebuilding. Why go hard up against the cap right now? They were pretty much spending to the cap from 2013 to 2017 when the team was competitive.

plus at this point, they'd just be purchasing one decent player while having to expose another.  AND, things will get cheaper as the expansion draft nears.  we have no reason to jump on anything expensive right now. 

2 hours ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:
Ryan Kesler's main segment is at 7:04. Bobby Ryan's is at 16:00. 

This whole thing pretty devastating and damning.

holy crap.  Kes knew it was a problem since 2015 and he was diagnosed with colitis (RIGHT when he came to Anaheim), and he was diagnosed with Chron's disease since Fall of 2019.  Toradol... likely contributed to lack of blood flow to the hips, gut... and could have caused all his problems.  

wow. 

oh, man.  Ducks organization mentioned (inferentially) twice.

frankly, i've been wondering about how some of our players haven't been super mentally there, prone to injuries as they enter their time... it would really suck if we've been doping our kids and causing a bunch of those recurring issues season after season.

i mean... there has to be some reason why we've had so many more injuries than the average across the league.

i don't want to go off the deep end on this, but sheesh.

8 hours ago, Fisix said:

holy crap.  Kes knew it was a problem since 2015 and he was diagnosed with colitis (RIGHT when he came to Anaheim), and he was diagnosed with Chron's disease since Fall of 2019.  Toradol... likely contributed to lack of blood flow to the hips, gut... and could have caused all his problems.  

wow. 

I watch that and the mini doc involve Former Duck Bobby Ryan...and Zenon Kenopka....Talking about the pressures to compete while going through Pain...I mean Kesler saying he is Diagnonse with Chron's Disease was shock...Just wondering  did our Ducks Knew?....And it has lead me and I knows to realize Kesboss was NOT 100%.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

13 hours ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

Ryan Kesler's main segment is at 7:04. Bobby Ryan's is at 16:00. 

This whole thing pretty devastating and damning.

oh my god....this is heartbreaking....

And WOW! The Bobby Ryan part....they don't just subtly talk about the Ducks management...they full on call them out for firing a trainer for trying to find better ways to keep players healthy...wow. It was specifically for the Gulls...so I'm not sure how much it effect the Ducks...but yeah, really curious if there's some connection to all of this for how/why the Ducks had so many injuries and their play suffered...

Also I'm sure they all knew of Kesler's diagnose. That definitely can play a part. Here a player gets a chronic disease from PAINKILLERS...could be the same ones they were taking...makes you stop and think for a second...and then you see a trainer get fired for looking for other ways...I'm sure as a player...seeing all this...I dunno, I think it would make you 2nd guess the management's priorities. It would effect you mentally. It'll make it harder to be focused.

Ok, I'm making some leaps..it's just...so heartbreaking to see what happened to Kesler...

49 minutes ago, Jasoaks said:

oh my god....this is heartbreaking....

And WOW! The Bobby Ryan part....they don't just subtly talk about the Ducks management...they full on call them out for firing a trainer for trying to find better ways to keep players healthy...wow. It was specifically for the Gulls...so I'm not sure how much it effect the Ducks...but yeah, really curious if there's some connection to all of this for how/why the Ducks had so many injuries and their play suffered...

Also I'm sure they all knew of Kesler's diagnose. That definitely can play a part. Here a player gets a chronic disease from PAINKILLERS...could be the same ones they were taking...makes you stop and think for a second...and then you see a trainer get fired for looking for other ways...I'm sure as a player...seeing all this...I dunno, I think it would make you 2nd guess the management's priorities. It would effect you mentally. It'll make it harder to be focused.

Ok, I'm making some leaps..it's just...so heartbreaking to see what happened to Kesler...

There is going to be alot of speculation on this considering the fact Both Bobby Ryan,Zenon Kenopka are former Ducks and KesBoss had to stop his career after surgery...

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck