The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
Myuyum

Cogs traded for Shore. Goodbye :(

It'll take me a while to get over this. Hating this.

Thanks for everything Cogs! Sorry you got crapped on by this organisation. 

• Like 2

Boo.  In addition to an umpteen game losing streak, the organization jettisons one of my favorite players.  

Well, I guess that solves the problem of the organization needing to grow a spine and celebrate Cogliano's consecutive games streak.  What a crappy weekend to be a Ducks fan.

• Like 3

I imagine the thinking is that, with Kase in the lineup, Cogliano is redundant as a hustle player, and Kase scores more.  It also looks like the purpose of the trade is to get a younger lineup. 

Not justifying the trade, just explaining what I imagine they were thinking.

Edited by Thom-74

And I'm glad we picked up another guy who gets the snot kicked out of him in possession.  Let's have the puck even less!  I'm sure that's the answer.

• Like 8

Cowards.  They don't play Dallas again this season, so after the initial backlash, they avoid any discussion of this trade until the end of '19, when it will be old news.

Don't care about whether this is a net positive.  And for what?  A little bit of improvement?  That's what Loyalty is worth?

As a 25 year season seat holder, this hurts, though it sounds like others are already getting over it.  Just being honest in saying this move has made them lose me for the rest of season.  Will be attending far less games the rest of season, and will try to sell our seats best we can, and maybe let the seats stay empty a couple of games.  Not that management will notice or care.

• Like 5

Well that is awful news keep Randy and offload a a real trooper for the Ducks 110 % every game.

How exciting we get a bottom 6 forward in return although he is only 24.

Thanks for the energy you brought to the team Cogs you will always be the Ironman as far as I'm concerned.

It is a good move for Cogs going to new management maybe they will support him more than our management did..

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Thom-74 said:

I imagine the thinking is that, with Kase in the lineup, Cogliano is redundant as a hustle player, and Kase scores more.  It also looks like the purpose of the trade is to get a younger lineup. 

Not justifying the trade, just explaining what I imagine they were thinking.

Well that is good I thought our management  was unable to actually think.

• Like 1

*looks at his 7 Cogs stick hanging in the bedroom* Today is a sad day.. Which coincidentally marks 1 yr exactly since he was suspended.

• Like 4

Hahahaha! Bob's reaction to a career losing streak. Trade the most liked player. I thought I was bitter last night. I cooled off this morning. And I wake up to Cogs gone.

I've never wished anything good for the Red Wings. But I hope they win. The one and last time I will ever say something good about that about that stupid team.

Edited by poum
  • Like 2

Cogs didn't score and I know fans were frustrated when he would get a breakaway and not hit the net. But, most of those breakaways were on penalty kills. Cogs was a beast on the PK.

• Like 4

Morale at an all time low. Trade away a locker room/fan favovrite.

That's supposed to kick start the youth who are probably the most demoralized by this or is it the under performing guys with NMCs this is a warning too?

Ugh. Sorry ladies and gents. I'm really bitter about this whole situation.

Edited by poum
  • Like 4

Love to be a fly on the wall in the dressing room today.

There are a lot of injury prone players on our team that must be wondering if they are next out the door ,they will all be hiding their knee braces today.Although a few are probably hoping to get away.

Edited by mulcher
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, mulcher said:

Love to be a fly on the wall in the dressing room today.

There are a lot of injury prone players on our team that must be wondering if they are next out the door although a few are probably hoping to get away.

All injury prone players are either injured (Perry and Eaves) or have No Movements (Getzlaf and Kesler).

Or you're talking about Gibson. Who may be crapping himself with any potential trade talk with Philly. Where goaltenders go to die.

Just now, poum said:

All injury prone players are either injured (Perry and Eaves) or have No Movements (Getzlaf and Kesler).

Or you're talking about Gibson. Who may be crapping himself with any potential trade talk with Philly. Where goaltenders go to die.

If they trade Gibson, that's an Oilers era starting. We tank a decade for #1 picks hoping for 2 or 3 McJesus. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, poum said:

If you are saying Gibson is in any trades talks, then I'm laughing my ass off.  

2 minutes ago, JiggyToTheCup said:

If you are saying Gibson is in any trades talks, then I'm laughing my ass off.  

It's called being facetious and over reacting. Don't act like you're new here. :P

Edited by poum
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, poum said:

There are quite a few other than the four that you mention go down the list for the last couple of years for games missed.

Gibby would be quite happy to be traded to a contender who actually protects it's goalie.

He is the only thing that keeps the Ducks from a complete disaster.The only player that can't be traded.

13 minutes ago, Myuyum said:

If they trade Gibson, that's an Oilers era starting. We tank a decade for #1 picks hoping for 2 or 3 McJesus. 

If we can't do something to get rid of the Perry and Kesler contracts... I'd rather Gibson was traded to a playoff team for a good return.  It's the least he deserves.  

That said, moving Cogliano may just be the start.  With Kesler being less than he was, and Cogliano being gone, Silvferberg might be next.

What is the logic here? Getting younger and saving some money? The team has already lost 11 in a row and now the locker room loses a well liked guy that always gave 110%. I'm not sure how this helps team morale to be honest.

I don't know anything about Shore. Is he fast?

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Jiggy2win said:

“We need to play a faster game.”

trades one of the teams faster players...

"We need players to step up!"

trades one of the only players to step up every game... (well, that gives the effort every game)

Edited by Jasoaks
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, Thom-74 said:

... I'd rather Gibson was traded to a playoff team for a good return.

There is no trade out there that makes this possible.  Goalies like Gibson come around rarely.  Any trade would make the Ducks worse.  If San Jose had Gibson, they might only lose 10 games max.

16 minutes ago, Jiggy2win said:

“We need to play a faster game.”

trades one of the teams faster players...

I was a big nerd for Maroon. Trading him had a rhyme and reason. This Cogliano thing... Nope.

• Like 4