Jump to content
The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
Myuyum

Cogs traded for Shore. Goodbye :(

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, FanSince1993 said:

Cogliano's salary was too high for his production and lack of scoring ability. A classic salary dump. I surprised Dallas was interested in him though.

Roenick and Milbury were just on NBCN talking about the Ducks and Stars.   They showed Stars coach Montgomery in a camera interview just bagging on the team about not trying very hard all the time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, FanSince1993 said:

Cogliano's salary was too high for his production and lack of scoring ability. A classic salary dump. I surprised Dallas was interested in him though.

So we're getting better value from Kesler, who has been a shell of himself the last 1 1/2 seasons....or Perry, also vastly overpaid, and will miss 3/4 of this season?  Or perhaps Patrick Eaves, who has made $5 Million for playing 5 games in 1 1/2 seasons?  Cogs brought consistency, night after night, you knew he would be out there busting his A**!  Stick him on the 4th checking line, then complain he's not scoring goals.  I'd take Cogs at $3M+/year over a Patrick Eaves contract every day.

Edited by HockeyIzCool
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Jiggy2win said:

“We need to play a faster game.”

 

trades one of the teams faster players...

lol...pretty much sums up BM's ridiculous idea that we need to play "faster" with the current roster he had when he said it, not to mention it was complete opposite style of play of the fricking coach he has!!!!!!!!!!!!!.  Dumb idea to begin with that is now playing out like I thought it would....will never work.

We can all lambaste Carlyle...but this is Murray's mess.

Edited by WolfgangDuck
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Im not sure where Shore goes when we’re healthy. 

Rakell - Getzlaf - Perry 

Ritchie - Henrique - Kase 

Sprong - Rowney - Silfverberg 

Shore - Kesler - Sherwood 

if I was the coach, I’d try something like that. Idk, where you put Eaves. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Sexlaf15 said:

Im not sure where Shore goes when we’re healthy. 

Rakell - Getzlaf - Perry 

Ritchie - Henrique - Kase 

Sprong - Rowney - Silfverberg 

Shore - Kesler - Sherwood 

if I was the coach, I’d try something like that. Idk, where you put Eaves. 

Eaves will be in the Press Box, same place he's been 123 of the last 128 games.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, DuckFan4Life said:

Interesting article...  Is he worth signing for $4.5?

If Hartman fetched a #1, why cant we get one for #33?   (and sign him back maybe)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, HockeyIzCool said:

Eaves will be in the Press Box, same place he's been 123 of the last 128 games.

I mean probably, but hypothetically. 

Eaves  - Shore - Sherwood

BB would d loved having that competent of a fourth line. Could distribute and you can replace Shore with Kesler rotating them. 

Pointless speculation when  Kes will never get scratched, play 18 minutes and we’ll continue to give roster spots to aging useless players instead of giving kids a chance. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, gorbachav5 said:

Yes, we'll get worse when our third highest scorer is back in the lineup.  This is similar thinking to Murray who seems to believe that having the puck less will bring positive results.

Yes, I'd like to live in the past also...Perry was a slug the past two seasons and now that he had his knees repaired he is magically going to rejuvenate his youth. Its called being realistic bud...how do expect him to keep up with the new NHL. Just like Kessler, he will be told to stand in front of the net.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Sexlaf15 said:

Im not sure where Shore goes when we’re healthy. 

Rakell - Getzlaf - Perry 

Ritchie - Henrique - Kase 

Sprong - Rowney - Silfverberg 

Shore - Kesler - Sherwood 

if I was the coach, I’d try something like that. Idk, where you put Eaves. 

When are you expecting Perry to make the line-up? 

You would put him on the top line after missing the entire season?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, HockeyIzCool said:

So we're getting better value from Kesler, who has been a shell of himself the last 1 1/2 seasons....or Perry, also vastly overpaid, and will miss 3/4 of this season?  Or perhaps Patrick Eaves, who has made $5 Million for playing 5 games in 1 1/2 seasons?  Cogs brought consistency, night after night, you knew he would be out there busting his A**!  Stick him on the 4th checking line, then complain he's not scoring goals.  I'd take Cogs at $3M+/year over a Patrick Eaves contract every day.

You are comparing apples to oranges. And I'm not even going to include Perry in this since he did not choose to tear his knee up. 

Nobody is going to trade for Kesler with his contract for obvious reasons, and nobody is going to trade for Eaves when they aren't even sure if he can play anymore. Eaves's salary doesn't even affect the team since is on IR, and can be moved to LTIR if necessary, like he was last season. 

The decision was never between Cogliano/Kesler/Eaves since 2 of those names aren't even options to move.

"I'd take Cogs at $3M+/year over a Patrick Eaves contract every day," - Yeah...so would 31 other teams. And that's why Cogliano was moved, not Eaves.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, DuckFan4Life said:

When are you expecting Perry to make the line-up? 

You would put him on the top line after missing the entire season?

Absolutely. He's still a 1st line player (well maybe not universally across 31 teams, but definitely for this team looking at our RW depth)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't know if it's been posted yet, but here is a link to interviews with Shore and BM:

https://www.nhl.com/ducks/news/shore-gm-murray-share-thoughts-on-trade/c-303888630

One line that stood out to me:

Are trade talks ongoing?
"I've been talking for a long time. I'm trying to create. Definitely, every day, we're trying to get better. It's difficult, but some things all of a sudden can happen. I don't know when they will, but my whole focus right now is on players. We've got to get better. Unfortunately, with this group, some of our mid-20s guys who I thought would be taking on leadership and standing up, it's time for people to stand up and be counted. I'm waiting. Enough is enough. I'm a bit surprised. I thought some people would be farther along in this vein, where they have the experience and they've been around enough where they know how to do it when the going gets tough. It's very tough right now."

 

It's pretty speculative on who is talking about, but I think that quote was aimed at some our Dmen. Manson and Lindholm have regressed to some degree this year, and Fowler was having a pretty inconsistent year before his injury. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BlazingEtem said:

Don't know if it's been posted yet, but here is a link to interviews with Shore and BM:

https://www.nhl.com/ducks/news/shore-gm-murray-share-thoughts-on-trade/c-303888630

One line that stood out to me:

Are trade talks ongoing?
"I've been talking for a long time. I'm trying to create. Definitely, every day, we're trying to get better. It's difficult, but some things all of a sudden can happen. I don't know when they will, but my whole focus right now is on players. We've got to get better. Unfortunately, with this group, some of our mid-20s guys who I thought would be taking on leadership and standing up, it's time for people to stand up and be counted. I'm waiting. Enough is enough. I'm a bit surprised. I thought some people would be farther along in this vein, where they have the experience and they've been around enough where they know how to do it when the going gets tough. It's very tough right now."

 

It's pretty speculative on who is talking about, but I think that quote was aimed at some our Dmen. Manson and Lindholm have regressed to some degree this year, and Fowler was having a pretty inconsistent year before his injury. 

Yeah, interesting...but then...again... "the mid-20s guys...they are the problem" ...goes and trades a 31 year-old.

And I've been posting that teams dont want the "problem guys" ...but dude...if he's talking about Manson, Lindholm, and Fowler...yeah...they want them. Bob wont give them up. This Cog trade makes less sense to me...if he wants those guys to step...jesus christ...tell them!! I hope you have! This whole "let's just see who steps up" thing only works for so long. Trading Cogs doesn't send a message to anyone if the D is who he thinks needs to step up...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BlazingEtem said:

Don't know if it's been posted yet, but here is a link to interviews with Shore and BM:

https://www.nhl.com/ducks/news/shore-gm-murray-share-thoughts-on-trade/c-303888630

One line that stood out to me:

Are trade talks ongoing?
"I've been talking for a long time. I'm trying to create. Definitely, every day, we're trying to get better. It's difficult, but some things all of a sudden can happen. I don't know when they will, but my whole focus right now is on players. We've got to get better. Unfortunately, with this group, some of our mid-20s guys who I thought would be taking on leadership and standing up, it's time for people to stand up and be counted. I'm waiting. Enough is enough. I'm a bit surprised. I thought some people would be farther along in this vein, where they have the experience and they've been around enough where they know how to do it when the going gets tough. It's very tough right now."

 

It's pretty speculative on who is talking about, but I think that quote was aimed at some our Dmen. Manson and Lindholm have regressed to some degree this year, and Fowler was having a pretty inconsistent year before his injury. 

Ignorant BM, Its the bloody system. Fix that and your players would be further along in their development. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JiggyToTheCup said:

How is this a panic move?   Not seeing that at all.

It's a move to get rid of an aging 3.25M player that isn't producing for someone very similar at 2.3m, with one less year on his contract.  Has nothing to do with losing streak IMO. 

Insulting the fans?    If a GM is considering fans emotions as any one of the criteria for a trade, then that's the worst GM of all time.

I would also argue that Cogs would have been gone anyway when the Seattle draft came along. Saving almost a mil per is nothing to sneeze at either. Also, don’t we have a couple of young guys developing that are defense quick players such as lunderstrom or Sherwood etc ... who could slide into his place for cheaper? I do love the Cogs heart but the play would usually die on his stick. The only downside I see is in the morale department for this season as Cogs was the clear undisputed heart and soul of this team but it’s prob already too late to salvage this season. 

Question is: who will now take the torch as the new heart for this team? Kase? The guy is always hustling and has an infectious smile. He’s my vote 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jasoaks said:

Depending on how BM truly feels about this team come the deadline...I wouldn't be surprised to see Miller shipped. A good, reliable back up is not easy to come by...and there will be some good teams hoping to make a deep run in need of a good back-up. And we have no need for him if we aren't expecting to make a big run. We needed him in 2017...

Omg if he shipped out Miller that would be such a bizarre bonehead move by Bob. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, BlazingEtem said:

Absolutely. He's still a 1st line player (well maybe not universally across 31 teams, but definitely for this team looking at our RW depth)

He wasn't a 1st line player before this season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DuckFan4Life said:

He wasn't a 1st line player before this season.

He was on the Cheechoo train last season.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jasoaks said:

Couldn't tell if you said bums or burns....but, it didn't matter lol I agree with both.

That’s funny. The words are totally interchangeable in that sentence too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JiggyToTheCup said:

Interesting article...  Is he worth signing for $4.5?

If Hartman fetched a #1, why cant we get one for #33?   (and sign him back maybe)

Have to laugh.  Silf has been one of our very few bright spots this year yet everyone wants to move him lmao.  Sure!  Sign Henrique for 5.8 and and jump up and down for joy but hell no to Silf getting 4.5.  LOL.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, ducks07 said:

Yes, I'd like to live in the past also...Perry was a slug the past two seasons and now that he had his knees repaired he is magically going to rejuvenate his youth. Its called being realistic bud...how do expect him to keep up with the new NHL. Just like Kessler, he will be told to stand in front of the net.

The past...like last season?  When he was our third highest scorer?  I'll take a slug who puts up 50 points.  Unless you think the "new NHL" just started this season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sexlaf15 said:

I mean probably, but hypothetically. 

Eaves  - Shore - Sherwood

BB would d loved having that competent of a fourth line. Could distribute and you can replace Shore with Kesler rotating them. 

Pointless speculation when  Kes will never get scratched, play 18 minutes and we’ll continue to give roster spots to aging useless players instead of giving kids a chance. 

Pointless speculation because Eaves will prob never skate again. If it’s not one thing it’s something else with him. He’s used up all the excuses for injury too, illness to physical injury. Maybe next season it will be because of something mental related 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, RobD360 said:

Omg if he shipped out Miller that would be such a bizarre bonehead move by Bob. 

Soo...I'm curious as to why you think that. Honest question. I'm guessing you're not alone in that, but if we aren't a playoff team...and to Bob's words, we're not a contender. Why keep Miller? Last year of his contract...I always believed Miller's highest value was being our reliable back-up for a long playoff run. Sure, he's got a lot of other value...like a good option to keep us relevant when Gibson goes down. We have 2 great goalies to keep us in the playoff hunt...but...if we're not that team. Why keep him? I love the guy, but it just seems to make sense to me. I would think there are some playoff teams that would be willing to pay some picks/prospects to get a back up like Miller. We could always re-sign him in the off season.

Miller's signing seemed to be a reaction to the fact that Bernier was crap in 2017 against Nashville and we lost the series. We're not a contender...barely a playoff team...why keep Miller for the remainder of the season?

Edited by Jasoaks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, BlazingEtem said:

Don't know if it's been posted yet, but here is a link to interviews with Shore and BM:

https://www.nhl.com/ducks/news/shore-gm-murray-share-thoughts-on-trade/c-303888630

One line that stood out to me:

Are trade talks ongoing?
"I've been talking for a long time. I'm trying to create. Definitely, every day, we're trying to get better. It's difficult, but some things all of a sudden can happen. I don't know when they will, but my whole focus right now is on players. We've got to get better. Unfortunately, with this group, some of our mid-20s guys who I thought would be taking on leadership and standing up, it's time for people to stand up and be counted. I'm waiting. Enough is enough. I'm a bit surprised. I thought some people would be farther along in this vein, where they have the experience and they've been around enough where they know how to do it when the going gets tough. It's very tough right now."

 

It's pretty speculative on who is talking about, but I think that quote was aimed at some our Dmen. Manson and Lindholm have regressed to some degree this year, and Fowler was having a pretty inconsistent year before his injury. 

Fowler has had no improvement since his return after the injury. He has also been wearing the "A" so I would guess it's more directed at him than the other D. I would say Manson would be the 2nd on his list since he has also been given an "A" and his game has become difficult to watch. I don't see Lindholm as a leader as much as a guy who shows up to play his game. Although, Larsson mentioned that Lindholm was a good mentor when he was first playing with the Ducks. Of course, they are no longer paired together. Henrique, Rakell, Silfverberg? I don't have a problem with BM looking for leadership amongst the players, but he doesn't seem to be holding RC and his staff at all accountable. The PP hasn't worked all year yet we see the same guys out there losing the puck at the blue line while the seconds tick away.  Maybe TRY 2 D on the PP? Kesler on the #1 PP? The D has been horrendous all season yet RC isn't doing anything to change the pairings. The entire season is confusing. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still waiting on word from Cogs. There are many postings, interviews, quotes from Shore and comments about Shore. Not much out there on Cogs. As much as it will be cookie cutter, I really want to hear what he has to say.

And, just as I pos that:

https://twitter.com/AnaheimDucks/status/1084985690260033538

"I took a great deal of pride playing in Anaheim. Playing "Ducks hockey" always brought out my best, no matter the situation. I want to thank the Samuelis, my teammates and the fans for the amazing memories. I will always remember my eight years with the Ducks and wish the organization all the best. -Cogs

Edited by DuckFan4Life

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ducks07 said:

Yes, I'd like to live in the past also...Perry was a slug the past two seasons and now that he had his knees repaired he is magically going to rejuvenate his youth. Its called being realistic bud...how do expect him to keep up with the new NHL. Just like Kessler, he will be told to stand in front of the net.

I'm hoping for similar results as when Teemu had the year off and took care of his knees. He wasn't as good as his rookie  season ( no one can match that  ) but hope that he can get to 85% of his Hart Season form - comes out to 42 goals/year. He has had a LOOOONG time to be in fantastic shape !!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, DuckFan4Life said:

Still waiting on word from Cogs. There are many postings, interviews, quotes from Shore and comments about Shore. Not much out there on Cogs. As much as it will be cookie cutter, I really want to hear what he has to say.

And, just as I pos that:

https://twitter.com/AnaheimDucks/status/1084985690260033538

"I took a great deal of pride playing in Anaheim. Playing "Ducks hockey" always brought out my best, no matter the situation. I want to thank the Samuelis, my teammates and the fans for the amazing memories. I will always remember my eight years with the Ducks and wish the organization all the best. -Cogs

No thank you to RC and no thank you to BM.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...