The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
Myuyum

Cogs traded for Shore. Goodbye :(

5 hours ago, nieder said:

Eaves only has 1 year left and honestly I wouldn't be surprised to see Kesler get bought out. 

Hopefully we can be good again in a few years and not waste Gibson's best seasons.

I don’t think management is going to buy anyone out. They’re all about money.

5 hours ago, HockeyIzCool said:

Eaves will be in the Press Box, same place he's been 123 of the last 128 games.

He’s probably studying for his PhD

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, hoxxey said:

They're about to get $22M for the expansion.

Also, a buyout actually saves money. They only have to pay out 2/3 of the contract.

1 hour ago, ducks07 said:

The owners are doing us fans all a favor by not firing BM and RC. This season and possibly next will get us a couple of great prospect we desperately need for the future. I think BM and RC need to be kept on staff for the remainder of this year...it would not be wise to bring in a new GM to only have them make impulse moves right away, give him the entire offseason to make wise decisions including who the next coach should be.

Gibson is going to make sure that doesn't happen.

1 hour ago, hoxxey said:

Ducks are currently paying for two players they bought out, Mark Fistric (ends this year) and Simon Despres (ends 2025).

1 hour ago, hoxxey said:

Our top four defenceman  are not top four defence men for other  teams I don’t think

Would anybody actually want Manson the way he’s playing? I don’t see it. 

I don't think there's a team in this league that wouldn't take Fowler, Manson, Lindholm, or Montour in a heart beat. Actually, I'd add in Mahura at least, too. Bob has already confirmed Mahura is one of the prospects he gets the most calls about. Maybe Nashville wouldn't be interested. Teams can look at the upside of players and see, even in a bad season, that used differently can be very affective.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, hoxxey said:

Our top four defenceman  are not top four defence men for other  teams I don’t think

This is a completely false statement. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DuckFan4Life said:

If I were Silf and really wanted to stay in Anaheim I would only sign the extension if it included a NMC. I can see Murray sweet talking Silf into signing an extension  just to up his trade value.

Beware Jakob.....beware.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, wataduk said:

I posted this about 2 months ago in the midst of the 7 game losing streak.
When things are going bad, teams will either fire the coach or trade a popular player in the locker room in order to get the team's attention.
The Ducks chose to make the trade and keep the coach for the time being. 

That does seem to be the way that it is dealt with.However after that losing streak the Ducks were up and down with win and losses.

Then Fowler and Rakell got injured he didn't trade for players ,he brought up the youth and they went on the record setting winning road trip. 

8 hours ago, hoxxey said:

I think Toronto will be around for Lindholm at the deadline he is young ,big he would fit nicely into that team and just what they need

1 hour ago, mulcher said:

I think Toronto will be around for Lindholm at the deadline he is young ,big he would fit nicely into that team and just what they need

I really don’t think we should move any of our top 4 Defensemen. Lindholm is a Norris caliber defensemen. I refuse to believe he just regressed Along with Fowler Manson and Montour. If we trade our top 4 because our coach sucks I’m done. I will not watch this team become the oilers 

• Like 8

26 minutes ago, Sexlaf15 said:

I really don’t think we should move any of our top 4 Defensemen. Lindholm is a Norris caliber defensemen. I refuse to believe he just regressed Along with Fowler Manson and Montour. If we trade our top 4 because our coach sucks I’m done. I will not watch this team become the oilers 

Well, he's not going to be moved 'cause he is having a bad season...he'd be moved 'cause a deal came up where we'd get something great in return. The context of this hypothetical trade isn't just whichever team wants one of our top 4...it's Toronto...for someone like Nylander. No, sorry, this is hypothetical. It IS for Nylander. A trade that like a lot of this board would have been fine with 2 months ago.

24 minutes ago, Jasoaks said:

Well, he's not going to be moved 'cause he is having a bad season...he'd be moved 'cause a deal came up where we'd get something great in return. The context of this hypothetical trade isn't just whichever team wants one of our top 4...it's Toronto...for someone like Nylander. No, sorry, this is hypothetical. It IS for Nylander. A trade that like a lot of this board would have been fine with 2 months ago.

No way I trade Hambus for Nylander when we got A few young studs waiting to make their mark. I’d rather tank the rest of the season and draft as high as we could for the best center to take Getz or Kess spot later down the line. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, poum said:

Ducks are currently paying for two players they bought out, Mark Fistric (ends this year) and Simon Despres (ends 2025).

Ah, but the nice thing is, Despres cap hit is $0. They can afford to pay the $625k per at that rate. 

https://www.capfriendly.com/players/simon-despres

1 hour ago, RobD360 said:

No way I trade Hambus for Nylander when we got A few young studs waiting to make their mark. I’d rather tank the rest of the season and draft as high as we could for the best center to take Getz or Kess spot later down the line. 

Agreed. Toronto can go snort a dart. No reason to be doing business with 'em unless Matthews or Marner are coming this way. 

P.S. No Kadri.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RobD360 said:

At this point I'm kinda on the same page with tanking....but...I don't know if any of our young studs are looking at being a Nylander. I'm fine with keeping all of our current D, trust me lol...but I'm also fine if we traded a Montour or Fowler for Nylander, too. Great thing is, it's fine to me either way so I'm happy either way lol If Nashville kept their Webers and their Jones and their Suters...theyd be fraking stacked right now...but they wouldn't be as strong on the offense. They're a better team for not having those players any more.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jasoaks said:

The same Nylander that has 3 points in 17 games? I think most people thought that Montour for Nylander was okay. The point is, there is no deal. No deal that’s realistic for us to ship off Lindholm. It’s idiotic. It’s much easier to find someone to do what Nylander can do compared to a young #1 defensemen. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sexlaf15 said:

The same Nylander that has 3 points in 17 games? I think most people thought that Montour for Nylander was okay. The point is, there is no deal. No deal that’s realistic for us to ship off Lindholm. It’s idiotic. It’s much easier to find someone to do what Nylander can do compared to a young #1 defensemen. 

Yeah, that same one lol but i agree...I wouldn't want to lose Lindholm or Manson. Montour is mostly who I was talking about. And yeah, thats a good point about finding someone like Nylander is a bit easier. If we tank...and get a high draft pick...we could get that someone.

45 minutes ago, Jasoaks said:

At this point I'm kinda on the same page with tanking....but...I don't know if any of our young studs are looking at being a Nylander. I'm fine with keeping all of our current D, trust me lol...but I'm also fine if we traded a Montour or Fowler for Nylander, too. Great thing is, it's fine to me either way so I'm happy either way lol If Nashville kept their Webers and their Jones and their Suters...theyd be fraking stacked right now...but they wouldn't be as strong on the offense. They're a better team for not having those players any more.

The thing is we don’t have the Josi, Ekholm, Ellis, Subban AND Suter and Jones. We already lost 2 defensemen, and  the only other prospect coming is Mahura.  It’s not an apt comparison. 

Just now, Jasoaks said:

Yeah, that same one lol but i agree...I wouldn't want to lose Lindholm or Manson. Montour is mostly who I was talking about. And yeah, thats a good point about finding someone like Nylander is a bit easier. If we tank...and get a high draft pick...we could get that someone.

The thing that makes me nervous is they were kind of burning through our blue line stock. We have forwards coming. Terry, Jones, Steel, Comtois. Are any of them going to become Nylander’s? Idk, but we have a very good young D Core and I don’t want to supplant our need of forwards with a need for defensemen. 

3 hours ago, Sexlaf15 said:

100% agree with you. There is nothing wrong with our D. Our top 4 were developing into a solid top 4 exuberayting confidence both defensively and offensively then along came RC and his lottery ball line paring system. I hope BM is not allowed to make any trades from here on...this team can be competitive if given an identity and some structure. Ive never seen a coach blatantly misuse an entire team to the point RC has this season. Its almost sad to watch RC desperately change his lineups every period. Please!!! stop with the madness... there is no combination that is going to make your system logical. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Sexlaf15 said:

LOL....LOL...LOL...You made my day.

Interesting that Cogs will be wearing #17 in Dallas since I don't think the Stars currently have somebody wearing #7. Homage to his buddy in Anaheim?

2 hours ago, Jasoaks said:

I’m with you, I would be happy to keep all of our defensemen but if a deal came up for a player like Nylander I would be happy to move one of our defensemen for a top scorer. Though honestly I think it’s all moot with Carlyle as the coach as this team SUCKS at stopping scoring chances and I refuse to believe that it’s because Fowler/Lindholm/Manson forgot how to play defense. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Sexlaf15 said:

Perry was third on our team in points last year. It’s not like he’s putting up single digit points. He’s clearly still a first line player. You don’t bury that down the line up. 

Should have explained a bit more. Don't want to bury Perry on lower lines. Just want to evaluate what Eaves/Perry are when they get back. Is Perry wearing knee braces?, Is he old Perry or something else. Really hope he is old Perry from 2010-2011. 

17 hours ago, BlazingEtem said:

Switch Sprong and Rowney. It's top 6 or bust for Sprong. He doesn't have the two way game or physicality to play a 4th line role.

Maybe a good point, but was more interested in rewarding Rowney. Have liked his physical play. Combined with Getzlaf's physical play lately and you have the making of a brutal line to play against. 

3 hours ago, Jasoaks said:

Oh don’t get me wrong I would do Mountour and possibly Fowler for Nylander but I think Hambus and Manson are needed. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, dtsdlaw said:

Interesting that Cogs will be wearing #17 in Dallas since I don't think the Stars currently have somebody wearing #7. Homage to his buddy in Anaheim?

A cursory look would probably answer this, but maybe Dallas has rules about forwards wearing single digit numbers?

1 hour ago, FanSince1993 said:

LOL....LOL...LOL...You made my day.

Look at his numbers. He doesn’t score as much so he’ll never get the recognition, but before this season he’s been o e of the best defensive defensemen and was progressing offensively. Fans have short memories, but he’s been our best defensemen at shutting things down in our zone. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dtsdlaw said:

#7 - Neal Broten - Retired By Dallas Stars - 2/7/98

• Like 2