The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
Myuyum

Cogs traded for Shore. Goodbye :(

On 1/14/2019 at 9:41 AM, JiggyToTheCup said:

I understand all of this for sure.   Don't really agree with "creating opportunities for others" though.  He has been snake bit for 2-3 years now.

Can't let the inmates run the asylum.  I'm sure this was a very hard trade to make knowing the backlash that would happen.

Oh, and see you after the next game.

Yeah, but no...

I've tried, but I can't.  Checking back in after this break to officially say bye for a while.  Sent in my SSH cancellation this morning.

Maybe after time I'll get back into GDT or something, but really my heart is nowhere near supporting the organization at this point.  No one in management is saying a darn thing, they're INCREASING prices, and the biggest trade they made was the one guy that was at least fun to watch hustle every night.  Having already been bitter about the way they screwed him last year, I just think there is a character issue in ownership and management that I can't ignore.  "It's just business" is something I expect from the Kings, not the Ducks.  There was at least the external appearance of family before that just isn't there anymore.

I think I'll make it to a couple games in March, but that will be it.  It's been a good run!

• Like 3

Well, I was opposed to the Cogliano trade, but in hindsight, look how much improved the team is without him.  Clearly he was a big part of the problem this season, and we're playing so much better since Shore arrived.  Bob Murray truly is a genius.

Sorry for the sarcasm.  I wish Cogs well in Dallas.  I think he lost some of his mojo when they made him change from #7, hence the injury.

1 hour ago, HockeyIzCool said:

Well, I was opposed to the Cogliano trade, but in hindsight, look how much improved the team is without him.  Clearly he was a big part of the problem this season, and we're playing so much better since Shore arrived.  Bob Murray truly is a genius.

Sorry for the sarcasm.  I wish Cogs well in Dallas.  I think he lost some of his mojo when they made him change from #7, hence the injury.

Should have been a stipulation that no #7, no cogs! We can find other teams willing to give him that number! 

Dallas should have paid double to not be able to give it to him... terrible 

Shore: 12pts in 34 games with the Ducks.

Cogs: 6pts in 31 games with the Stars.

I know trading Cogs was emotional for many, but not sure how one can argue that this wasn't a good trade. Not to mention Shore is 24 and has 1 more remaining on his current deal before he even hits his 2nd RFA status. I don't know if Shore is ever going to be considered a core piece on any team, but it's hard to argue that this wasn't a net positive for the Ducks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1