The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

actsholy58

GOODBYE IRON MAN

I'm so angry I know alot of fans love this trade, I question the fan part. Shore hasn't scored in 25 games yes its a cap saver not alot because Budget Bob Murray will have to pay to keep him, which is another trade. And Carlyle is here for the long haul Murray said he's not even considering firing him. Where is ownership? We are sinking and GM is blaming players and all you guys praising Murray can't see the bad only his past glory.

I'm so angry I know alot of fans love this trade, I question the fan part. Shore hasn't scored in 25 games yes its a cap saver not alot because Budget Bob Murray will have to pay to keep him, which is another trade. And Carlyle is here for the long haul Murray said he's not even considering firing him. Where is ownership? We are sinking and GM is blaming players and all you guys praising Murray can't see the bad only his past glory.

He'll go down as a top 20 Duck for sure. Basically this generation's Todd Marchant. His celebration after scoring the tying goal in game 7 vs. Edmonton will always be one of my favourite hockey memories. Screw this trade. 

58 minutes ago, actsholy58 said:

I don't think anyone really loves this trade. It's a move to save money not only on the cap hit but Shore's contract is up in one year, while Cogliano's is up in two. Shore will be an RFA and the Ducks very likely could not qualify him and just let him walk. With the Comtois and Jones coming up it would make sense to just do that.

People are just livid at Murray, I certainly am for the reason in your last sentence, and because there are no convincing reasons for keeping Carlyle on board nor is he communicating what his grand plan for the team is going forward.

16 minutes ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

I don't think anyone really loves this trade. It's a move to save money not only on the cap hit but Shore's contract is up in one year, while Cogliano's is up in two. Shore will be an RFA and the Ducks very likely could not qualify him and just let him walk. With the Comtois and Jones coming up it would make sense to just do that.

People are just livid at Murray, I certainly am for the reason in your last sentence, and because there are no convincing reasons for keeping Carlyle on board nor is he communicating what his grand plan for the team is going forward.

This could be part of it for sure, to give space for Comtois and Jones in two years.