The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

duck123

Ducks win streak begins 01/16/2019!

26 minutes ago, poum said:

Some people in Colorado may beg to differ. I think he was even healthy scratched for a playoff game.

Yes he had a bum knee for a couple of years including the “single” season with the  Avs but you don’t get named the Finnish Flash for nothing. For the majority of his career he relied on his legs to give him the wheels to become legendary in the NHL. He was known for the vast majority of his career for being a fast skater. Perry has never been known for his skating other than a comment here and there about how different he skates due to his not so graceful strides. He was def never a great skater but rather someone who protected the puck down low in epic cycle formations with Getz and making a name for himself in the crease area. A new knee is not going to dramatically improve Perry in my humble opinion although we might see an uptick of the older Perry due to feeling a lot better on the ice, this alone might be the biggest take-away of when he returns to the ice. In conclusion, these are two ULTRA different players in the game whos only similarity is perhaps having had a bum knee for some parts of their career not much else. 

1 hour ago, poum said:

Jersey Shore was also missing a Parise. Aruguably their best player.

There was also how Pietrangelo got boarded to hell like, 4 shifts into that St. Louis series. I wanna say that was the same year someone (Andy Mcdonald?) got the Dustin Brown special of a lunging knee in combination with an elbow to the jaw but my memory is fuzzy. Either way, he was on an entirely different level of ****headery during that entire run which hasn't been matched since. Floorsberg and Lucic are the only two who have even come close. Looking forward to the day when Dustin Brown's name is nothing more than an obscure hockey trivia question. A team with some of the best two-way players of this generation and yet somehow HE got to be captain. Woof.

14 hours ago, duck123 said:

The Ducks have now lost 12 games. But I honestly do not think they have played horrible. And the nice thing is that the Ducks are only 2 points behind the last Wild Card Playoff spot!

Let's keep in mind that the Ducks have lost the most games this year, due to injury.  Even yesterday, they lost both Kesler and Silfverberg early in the game.  And they almost won!  Despite all of the games lost to injury, the Ducks are once again almost in a playoff spot.  A lot of credit should go to Coach Carlyle, in my opinion.  How many other teams could be in this position with this many games due to injury?  Even the Blackhawks, who are loaded with talent and have no major injuries, have 6 points less than the Ducks.  

It's time for the Ducks to get a new winning streak, and get back to a playoff spot!  Aberg should be back in the lineup tomorrow night, and hopefully will be inspired to work hard every shift.  And hopefully he will add some offense and be an inspiration to his fellow Swedes.  

Plus, the Ducks will be playing against their old coach, in Coach Boudreau. Maybe that will give a few of the Ducks a little extra motivation to win. 

I say the Ducks win tomorrow night, and start a new winning streak. The Ducks are going to be getting players back from injury before the playoffs begin: Eaves, Perry, Kesler, and Silfverberg.  Once the Ducks are fully loaded, they will be tough to play against if they get into the playoffs.  

Time to get it done, and get a win tomorrow night!  Start a new winning streak!  Let's Go Ducks!!!!

I also think the Ducks have played better then these boards suggest, but the team is trying hard not to lose instead of trying to win.

I used to like RC and did feel he was dealt a poor hand with all the early injuries, but he never figured out what the identity of the team was. We are back to being a dump and cycle team without the players to play that style. And now that we are at the tail end of our longest losing streak, anything that he does will be viewed as wrong if we don't win. Plus, we did win with rookies and unknown players early in the season so the injury argument is a mute point.

Talked to a Blackhawks fan yesterday morning and they hate that Saad was brought back. Thinks the team is in trouble.

I have complained about Fowler in the past. He does not hit as much as I think he should and I hate when he brings the puck past our blue line or behind the goal to reset, but I still think he is our best defenseman. Wish he would shoot more and get back to the style he played last year before his injury.

Manson could be a great defenseman if he would only give more effort. On nights when he is skating slow he also has bad, bouncy puck luck and many turnovers on clearing attempts and lame passes. Want him making crisp passes, joining the rush when able, finishing checks and having fun. Wish he would shoot more.

Montour could also be great if he tried to bulk up in the off season. He needs to be stronger in the crease. Has the attitude but not the size to back it up. Does everything else well.

This year I have no complaints about Lindholm, other then he should shoot more. Rest of defense have done what is expected as bottom 5 & 6.

The Ritchie - Henrique - Kase line is the only line I would not break up.

Getzlaf - Rakell- Shore/Terry/Sprong/?. Also think Getzlaf is still a top center in the league.

I guess to sum it up, I think our team does have the talent to compete. They just need to have some fun again, and nothing is more fun the winning. Maybe Getzlaf needs to get the team together for some kind of fun, bonding off-ice experience. 

at the moment none of our defensemen have been aggressive I believe I counted like one or two attempted shots from the blue line last game.  I think more bombs from the blue line and look for rebounds. It’s also been tough to even get chances from the points sheesh

24 minutes ago, duck123 said:

DUCKS WIN!  WOO HOO!!!!

Not sure what to take from this win.

1. The Wilds start to the game was worse then the Ducks at any point of this skid. 

2. If Dubnyk started for the Wild would we have scored?

3. The Ducks went back to a defensive mindset after the first period...a few bounces and its a different outcome.

4. power play looked improved, although it could have been a result of a flat pk.

5. Gibson solid as always

So judging by the course of this season so far, the Ducks will go 9-2-4 over their next 15 games only to follow that up with 19 straight losses to close out the year or something insane like that.

2 hours ago, ducks07 said:

3. The Ducks went back to a defensive mindset after the first period...a few bounces and its a different outcome.

thats the point I don't like... against Pitts it was the same...

I am very Happy with the Ducks Win Last Night...it was Much needed to Break this 12 game losing Skid...I say this NEVER AGAIN should our team endure this 2 week Collapse...NEVER EVER. It's  lesson we learn and know NEVER to repeat it.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

I thought the line of Jones, Grant, and Terry played very well last game.  They might be a very dangerous line down the stretch for us.  And with Grant having previous experience playing as our number one center last season, when we had injuries, you never know--there might come a time where this line plays number-one-line minutes for our team.  

LET'S GO DUCKS!

DUCKS WIN DUCKS WIN DUCKS WIN DUCKS WIN DUCKS WIN DUCKS WIN DUCKS WIN DUCKS WIN DUCKS WIN 3-2 DUCKS WIN HUGE WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WTG Guys Great Effort again....:D:t_hot_unread::t_hot_unread::t_hot_unread::)B)....21-19-9 51pts. this is Much needed WIN.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

Ducks win--woo hoo!  Ducks also in a playoff spot again!  Cool thing is they play again tomorrow--Ducks making playoffs in my opinion. GO DUCKS! 

19 hours ago, duck123 said:

Ducks win--woo hoo!  Ducks also in a playoff spot again!  Cool thing is they play again tomorrow--Ducks making playoffs in my opinion. GO DUCKS! 

From here to the last week of March we will know where the Ducks path shall be.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck