Jump to content
The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shadowduck

Silfverberg Situation

Recommended Posts

After last nights game Silfer barged into Bobs quarters who was caught drunkenly off guard and swimming in thoughts of grandeur after he coached his first game with a shut no less......

“SEE, SEE!! YOU  WANT MORE OF THAT DO YA?! That goal was nothing, there can be a whole lot more where that came from. Picture this, you and your brilliant coaching and me shoveling in tons of goals and taking us to the mother land to collect what we deserve, THAT CUP BABY! But first before you pass out in that tub of strawberry cheesecake you gotta do me a solid and get me a FAT contract. Then we can be together forever, you and me. You Coach savant extraordinaire and  me the franchise dynamic goal machine!!! What do you say? Deal?”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Silver to Tampa for killorn?

Pretty similar players, Tampa gets equal production and salary relief for next year.

Duck get a guy with term and similar production.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, gorbachav5 said:

I don't think that makes sense from the Ducks' perspective.  They like Silf the player and want to keep him.  But if they can't sign an extension, it makes way more sense to get a future asset than a guy whose contract goes out to age 33.  I could see it if Tampa threw in a prospect or high pick for the favor, but otherwise it doesn't make a ton of sense for Anaheim.

It's an interesting idea, and it makes a lot of sense for Tampa, but I don't see it for the Ducks.  I still hope they trade Silf for a conditional 1st while telling him they want to re-sign him in the offseason.

Yep. The Ducks need futures and to shed salary. Trading Silfverberg accomplishes both and I’d like to think not even Murray can screw this up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, gorbachav5 said:

I don't think that makes sense from the Ducks' perspective.  They like Silf the player and want to keep him.  But if they can't sign an extension, it makes way more sense to get a future asset than a guy whose contract goes out to age 33.  I could see it if Tampa threw in a prospect or high pick for the favor, but otherwise it doesn't make a ton of sense for Anaheim.

It's an interesting idea, and it makes a lot of sense for Tampa, but I don't see it for the Ducks.  I still hope they trade Silf for a conditional 1st while telling him they want to re-sign him in the offseason.

Good point, Tampa does have some good young talent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

Yep. The Ducks need futures and to shed salary. Trading Silfverberg accomplishes both and I’d like to think not even Murray can screw this up. 

I thought of it because it seems like a BM guy and a BM move lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Retire9 said:

Good point, Tampa does have some good young talent.

good Point? okay, Brayden Point for Silver.

I want also trade him, we need to be a seller this week. now only 25 games we must lose and we got a elite player....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brian Boyle got traded for a 2nd round pick. I don't think anyone could argue that Silf isn't worth at least a 1st from a contender. If there is mutual interest in each other by both parties, then offer him a deal in the offseason. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/18/2019 at 4:11 PM, BombaysTripleDeke said:

Yep. The Ducks need futures and to shed salary. Trading Silfverberg accomplishes both and I’d like to think not even Murray can screw this up. 

When was the last time Bob fleeced anyone, besides himself? I'm pretty sure Silfverberg will still be a Duck after the trade deadline, Miller too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, perry_mvp said:

When was the last time Bob fleeced anyone, besides himself? I'm pretty sure Silfverberg will still be a Duck after the trade deadline, Miller too.

Of all of the reasons for Silfverberg to get moved, I think that money would be what makes Murray do it..if he does. With the cap increasing, the Ducks would have about $4 mil in cap space, if they give him an 5 mil$ AAV. I think, they’d still have 5 roster spots to fill. They’d have to move more money out.

This is Murray though, so I’m fully bracing myself for him to do the exact opposite of what he should.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Silfverberg and Miller sure are making a name for themselves close to the deadline. If BM wants to sell those two are doing him a big favor. Thing is if they play too good BM probably thinks we can make The Playoffs and won't sell :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DucksFan_08 said:

Silfverberg and Miller sure are making a name for themselves close to the deadline. If BM wants to sell those two are doing him a big favor. Thing is if they play too good BM probably thinks we can make The Playoffs and won't sell :D

Let's not sell and go to the playoffs just to dhddkdng the silly Queens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm pretty sure the kings wouldn't have a problem with us making The Playoffs. And if they do they'll soften the blow by drafting Hughes or Kakko.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, DucksFan_08 said:

I'm pretty sure the kings wouldn't have a problem with us making The Playoffs. And if they do they'll soften the blow by drafting Hughes or Kakko.

Good luck with that with Chickawo in the lottery. I'm almost certain Hughes somehow ends up a Blackhawk (or an Oiler?) at this point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Aksun said:

Good luck with that with Chickawo in the lottery. I'm almost certain Hughes somehow ends up a Blackhawk (or an Oiler?) at this point.

Does anyone have any doubts at this point that Hughes will end up with either Edmonton, or Ottawa ? If he is as good as everyone says he is we all know the fix is already in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Shadowduck said:

Does anyone have any doubts at this point that Hughes will end up with either Edmonton, or Ottawa ? If he is as good as everyone says he is we all know the fix is already in.

Can’t go to Ottawa. Colorado has their pick. Edmonton should be forever banned from having first overall picks. My worst fear is Kakko or Hughes ending up in LA....which is probably what will happen lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/18/2019 at 4:11 PM, BombaysTripleDeke said:

Yep. The Ducks need futures and to shed salary. Trading Silfverberg accomplishes both and I’d like to think not even Murray can screw this up. 

 

7 hours ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

There it is. Murray being an f***** moron. Thanks for taking up Chiarelli’s mantle. Enjoy being the flames/wild for until the end of time. 

 

19 hours ago, perry_mvp said:

When was the last time Bob fleeced anyone, besides himself? I'm pretty sure Silfverberg will still be a Duck after the trade deadline, Miller too.

Sorry man, I feel your pain. Nothing against Silf but....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, perry_mvp said:

 

 

Sorry man, I feel your pain. Nothing against Silf but....

Lol thanks! To go through the last 15 months only to continue feeling less and less optimistic about the direction and future of this team. It hurts.

#BoycottBob !!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What if it's cheap?

Silf is sure having a good year for himself among the collapsing rubble that are the Ducks - very useful for him at exactly the last time. Sure hope he doesn't Beleskey it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m baaayaaack. I don’t recognise any of you fools, but thinking about Silf is why I jumped back on here. Trade him. His stock’s pretty high. We’ll get a decent return. Picks and prospects, boys. Picks and prospects, and trade up in the draft! I say thanks Silf, go win a cup.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...