The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Southbayduck

Break time wishes

It looks like The Ducks have 9 days until their next game. Are they allowed to practice as a team during the all star break? If so, should they or should they just get away from the rink for 2 to 4 days for rest?

Who is coming back after the break? When I look at the team stats it appears they have become a bigger team with the last few trades and moves but have not really become a tough(fighting) team. What will the identity be after the break? Dump and chase (which has not worked for a while now) or will they be faster?

Fowler has played the last few games with more grit. I am very happy with his style. Just wish he would shoot more. Also wish the offense could back check a bit more instead of relying on the defense and Gibson.

Getzlaf is still an elite player. There is no need to double shift him in the final period. I understand the desire to have him on the ice for the last 60 to 90 seconds in the final period, but if he is getting double shifted prior to that time he is a liability. Who is allowing this? 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nhl/sanford-bozak-return-to-power-blues-past-ducks-5-1/ar-BBSF9wJ

Below is a quote from Fowler on the Blues loss.

''It was one of the worst games I've been a part of, and I'll leave it at that,'' Anaheim defenseman Cam Fowler said. ''It's just been a tough month in the locker room. This whole month has been hard emotionally. We have a great group of guys. We have all the pieces we need. We just can't seem to find our way right now. It wears on you. This is our livelihood, and right now it's not going great.''

I agree with everything he says. I think this team could be good. All pieces are there. Just hope they can find their mojo over the break and go on a long streak. Also, just have fun.

Who will be back are the same players who can't pass, can't defend, won't hit, won't protect the goalkeeper, will give the puck away - a lot, won't win, will be poorly coached, will allow short handed goals, won't score on the power play - won't score more than a goal a game, will get injured, will be a shadow of their true ability as a player - that about covers it.  Actually, that is just the tip of the iceberg - I could go on - won't forecheck effectively, will stand around while the guy behind the net "dipsy doodles with the puck trying to decided who to pass it to and then just turn it over, will get on 3 on 2 breaks and go to the bench for a change, will allow lots of 2 on 1 goals and even more chances, will give up over 40 shots a game and perhaps get 12 of their own, will miss the net, will fan on a perfect pass...

I'm so depressed...

Ha Ha

31 minutes ago, hoxxey said:

Who will be back are the same players who can't pass, can't defend, won't hit, won't protect the goalkeeper, will give the puck away - a lot, won't win, will be poorly coached, will allow short handed goals, won't score on the power play - won't score more than a goal a game, will get injured, will be a shadow of their true ability as a player - that about covers it.  Actually, that is just the tip of the iceberg - I could go on - won't forecheck effectively, will stand around while the guy behind the net "dipsy doodles with the puck trying to decided who to pass it to and then just turn it over, will get on 3 on 2 breaks and go to the bench for a change, will allow lots of 2 on 1 goals and even more chances, will give up over 40 shots a game and perhaps get 12 of their own, will miss the net, will fan on a perfect pass...

I'm so depressed...

Ha Ha

Sounds like a normal Ducks game to me. Maybe we should change the "refs you suck" chant to "refs we suck" or "Bob you suck"... voices should be heard and when better than on live TV.

On 1/25/2019 at 1:15 AM, Southbayduck said:

It looks like The Ducks have 9 days until their next game. Are they allowed to practice as a team during the all star break? If so, should they or should they just get away from the rink for 2 to 4 days for rest?

Who is coming back after the break? When I look at the team stats it appears they have become a bigger team with the last few trades and moves but have not really become a tough(fighting) team. What will the identity be after the break? Dump and chase (which has not worked for a while now) or will they be faster?

Fowler has played the last few games with more grit. I am very happy with his style. Just wish he would shoot more. Also wish the offense could back check a bit more instead of relying on the defense and Gibson.

Getzlaf is still an elite player. There is no need to double shift him in the final period. I understand the desire to have him on the ice for the last 60 to 90 seconds in the final period, but if he is getting double shifted prior to that time he is a liability. Who is allowing this? 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nhl/sanford-bozak-return-to-power-blues-past-ducks-5-1/ar-BBSF9wJ

Below is a quote from Fowler on the Blues loss.

''It was one of the worst games I've been a part of, and I'll leave it at that,'' Anaheim defenseman Cam Fowler said. ''It's just been a tough month in the locker room. This whole month has been hard emotionally. We have a great group of guys. We have all the pieces we need. We just can't seem to find our way right now. It wears on you. This is our livelihood, and right now it's not going great.''

I agree with everything he says. I think this team could be good. All pieces are there. Just hope they can find their mojo over the break and go on a long streak. Also, just have fun.

I hope So...cause from here on end IT'S ALL or nothing..Ducks know if they are going to go out IT HAS to be done NOW for THEY ARE AT THE Fork in the road of 25th Anniversary Season.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck