The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Administrator

Gibson at Skills Competition

A little off topic but I thought it was kinda cool. Former ducks superstar and legend, Dan Sexton, was in the 2017 khl all star game. I know it's kind of old but I just happened do watch some of the highlights of the shootout competition. Who else was there? None other than former ducks goalie prospect Igor Bobkov.... 😎

6 hours ago, g20topdogg said:

A little off topic but I thought it was kinda cool. Former ducks superstar and legend, Dan Sexton, was in the 2017 khl all star game. I know it's kind of old but I just happened do watch some of the highlights of the shootout competition. Who else was there? None other than former ducks goalie prospect Igor Bobkov.... 😎

it's good to know both Former Ducks are doing well in Hockey especially if it's in Russia.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

1 hour ago, DuckFan4Life said:

Oh wow...sounds pretty harsh. But I don't think Gibson was even really trying. And good! Don't get injured in an all-star game...it's just not worth it! Glad he seems to be taking it well.

3 minutes ago, Jasoaks said:

Oh wow...sounds pretty harsh. But I don't think Gibson was even really trying. And good! Don't get injured in an all-star game...it's just not worth it! Glad he seems to be taking it well.

I was thinking the same and am also glad he wasn't playing lights out. I hope the team was watching the game and read Doughty's comments. Maybe it will be a wake-up call for them; but I doubt it.

26 minutes ago, DuckFan4Life said:

I was thinking the same and am also glad he wasn't playing lights out. I hope the team was watching the game and read Doughty's comments. Maybe it will be a wake-up call for them; but I doubt it.

Me too...honestly, if they haven't woken up by now to do something about it...they wont be woken up by this. Hope Gibson had a fun time, though!

4 hours ago, DuckFan4Life said:

I certainly hope that it doesn't  shake his confidence or his belief in himself. I watch his entire stint in the net and he was " REALLY LEFT OUT TO DRY ". Good for Doughty

9 hours ago, DUCKSDOC said:

I certainly hope that it doesn't  shake his confidence or his belief in himself. I watch his entire stint in the net and he was " REALLY LEFT OUT TO DRY ". Good for Doughty

People don't like Doughty but he made big points in my book by what he said.  Way to go.

JG is used to being left out to dry.  Heck, his own COACH (or whatever) said it after last game.

Professional athletes are all Alpha Dogs and are used to success - lots of it.  Dealing with adversity for some is really tough.  It's easy for us fans to tell him to not show up to play or whatever but it is not in them to perform poorly.  It's in their DNA  probably to do their best and compete...

I just feel for the guy and wish him a ton of success.