Jump to content
The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
Sign in to follow this  
duck123

PERRY IS BACK!!!!

Recommended Posts

Corey Perry is back!  Per Eric Stephens, Perry skated on the first line at practice toady, with Rakell and Getzlaf.  Looks like Eaves may be back too, as he rotated in on the fourth line. 

I think Perry can help the Ducks.  In the video they showed of him skating the other day with the team, he actually looked a lot faster than he has looked in years.  Maybe the therapy for his knee injury caused him to strengthen his lower body, helping him become a little faster.  Also, the surgery was said to also help fix a nagging knee issue Perry has had since his junior days.  To have a faster version of Perry would be pretty cool.  And he obviously has played a lot of his career on a line with Getzlaf.  I think he can make a big impact for the Ducks down the stretch, and hopefully help get us in the playoffs.  Agree? 

Let's Go Ducks!!!!

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, duck123 said:

Corey Perry is back!  Per Eric Stephens, Perry skated on the first line at practice toady, with Rakell and Getzlaf.  Looks like Eaves may be back too, as he rotated in on the fourth line. 

I think Perry can help the Ducks.  In the video they showed of him skating the other day with the team, he actually looked a lot faster than he has looked in years.  Maybe the therapy for his knee injury caused him to strengthen his lower body, helping him become a little faster.  Also, the surgery was said to also help fix a nagging knee issue Perry has had since his junior days.  To have a faster version of Perry would be pretty cool.  And he obviously has played a lot of his career on a line with Getzlaf.  I think he can make a big impact for the Ducks down the stretch, and hopefully help get us in the playoffs.  Agree? 

Let's Go Ducks!!!!

Good Very Good....UNLEASH THE DUCKS OF WAR. 

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, duck123 said:

Corey Perry is back!  Per Eric Stephens, Perry skated on the first line at practice toady, with Rakell and Getzlaf.  Looks like Eaves may be back too, as he rotated in on the fourth line. 

I think Perry can help the Ducks.  In the video they showed of him skating the other day with the team, he actually looked a lot faster than he has looked in years.  Maybe the therapy for his knee injury caused him to strengthen his lower body, helping him become a little faster.  Also, the surgery was said to also help fix a nagging knee issue Perry has had since his junior days.  To have a faster version of Perry would be pretty cool.  And he obviously has played a lot of his career on a line with Getzlaf.  I think he can make a big impact for the Ducks down the stretch, and hopefully help get us in the playoffs.  Agree? 

Let's Go Ducks!!!!

Yeah, it’s good to have him back and be excited about this team for something. Hope that his knee is better and he can regain some of that “worm” form. Even if Perry is productive when he returns, I think that this season should still be viewed as a write-off and that The Ducks are still best served by moving Silfverberg and hoping to get as high of pick as possible. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would like for perry to come back and go on a bit of a tear. I think that would really help get his confidence back and hopefully spark the team. I agree about the season though, I don't see how the ducks are a competitor this year. But like I said I think it could actually do the whole team some good to see perry back and scoring. He takes a lot of heat from fans for his play these past few years and rightfully so, but would be nice to see him on top again. He's still a good player, maybe not the same from his prime years but still good none the less. Go perry! 😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've missed cheeky Perry antics!

The way this season goes I'll get 2009 elbow to the head Perry and not cheeky "Thanks for the stick!" Perry.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone think the ducks can win 1 out of the 5 road games?  I see losses in Winnipeg, Toronto, Montreal and Ottawa.  Maybe the planets go in retrograde by the time they get to Philadelphia (isn't that a song? no, it's Phoenix...) and they get a point...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, hoxxey said:

Anyone think the ducks can win 1 out of the 5 road games?  I see losses in Winnipeg, Toronto, Montreal and Ottawa.  Maybe the planets go in retrograde by the time they get to Philadelphia (isn't that a song? no, it's Phoenix...) and they get a point...

It's all about momentum.  If the Ducks are inspired with the return of Perry, Eaves, and Silferberg, and win tomorrows game--and then can defeat Toronto with a follow-up win, I can see them doing well this road trip. And I think they will play inspired tomorrow night, and get the win. We shall see.  GO DUCKS!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, hoxxey said:

Anyone think the ducks can win 1 out of the 5 road games?  I see losses in Winnipeg, Toronto, Montreal and Ottawa.  Maybe the planets go in retrograde by the time they get to Philadelphia (isn't that a song? no, it's Phoenix...) and they get a point...

Philly is the hottest of the bunch currently on a 6 game winning streak. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, duck123 said:

It's all about momentum.  If the Ducks are inspired with the return of Perry, Eaves, and Silferberg, and win tomorrows game--and then can defeat Toronto with a follow-up win, I can see them doing well this road trip. And I think they will play inspired tomorrow night, and get the win. We shall see.  GO DUCKS!

Perry and Eaves are still listed on IR and I'm sure Perry will go down to San Diego for some conditioning before he's playing with the Ducks. Silfverberg is in the line up but the other are not officially as of yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, perry_mvp said:

Perry and Eaves are still listed on IR and I'm sure Perry will go down to San Diego for some conditioning before he's playing with the Ducks. Silfverberg is in the line up but the other are not officially as of yet.

I think he'll jump right back in the Ducks lineup. I haven't seen any call-ups today and the game is tomorrow in Winnipeg. Kesler didn't do an AHL conditioning stint last season either. Guys like Pears and Kes usually go right back in the lineup when they're ready.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

#50in19 get ready

(PIMs that is)

Nah but seriously, it's good to have him back. Tempering my expectations here but his early return gives me another reason to continue watching this season beyond the usual masochism. The pessimism is real though, especially since Kase is done. It wouldn't shock me at all if Perry finishes this season as our leading goal scorer, or if he starts off hot for a couple of games before falling off a massive cliff to close out the year.. Or both :ph34r:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess our worries are over and we can start gunning for being heavy contending cup favorites this year. 

Funny how other team stars get injured but they still find ways to win regardless of the circumstances. 

I’m not expecting Perry or Eaves to make an overwhelming positive difference instead because RC values his vets over younger players who are actually good will get slotted on the top 2 lines thus pushing the younger faster better talent lower. Don’t believe me? it’s in Randy Carlyle’s new Cook Book under the chapter “recipes for disaster”. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, PetrSykora said:

#50in19 get ready

(PIMs that is)

Nah but seriously, it's good to have him back. Tempering my expectations here but his early return gives me another reason to continue watching this season beyond the usual masochism. The pessimism is real though, especially since Kase is done. It wouldn't shock me at all if Perry finishes this season as our leading goal scorer, or if he starts off hot for a couple of games before falling off a massive cliff to close out the year.. Or both :ph34r:

Can you imagine being a team that finishes the season with its highest goal scorer leader at 12 goals!! LOL 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RobD360 said:

Can you imagine being a team that finishes the season with its highest goal scorer leader at 12 goals!! LOL 

LOL....Oh gooodness. Why not 50 in 31 games.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, dtsdlaw said:

I think he'll jump right back in the Ducks lineup. I haven't seen any call-ups today and the game is tomorrow in Winnipeg. Kesler didn't do an AHL conditioning stint last season either. Guys like Pears and Kes usually go right back in the lineup when they're ready.

I don't know if conditioning would have helped out Kesler or not but in Perry's case, with the most expensive contract on the team and not being able to skate until very recently, having a couple of games in the AHL might be prudent. He's gone this far in his rehab and worked hard so I don't see the harm it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, perry_mvp said:

I don't know if conditioning would have helped out Kesler or not but in Perry's case, with the most expensive contract on the team and not being able to skate until very recently, having a couple of games in the AHL might be prudent. He's gone this far in his rehab and worked hard so I don't see the harm it.

Looks like Perry will play tonight: 

https://theathletic.com/797157/2019/02/02/rejuvenated-and-energized-corey-perry-is-ready-to-return-from-knee-surgery-but-can-he-spark-the-ducks/
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For once, we might actually have a top line.

Only person happier than Perry, himself, being back is probably Getzlaf. I've been critical of him during this bad stretch, but he hasn't had proper 1st linemates for most of the season because of Rakell and Perry's injuries.

 Sprong-Getzlaf-Aberg/Shore-Getzlaf-Sprong were probably the weakest 1st lines we have ever iced since Getzlaf took over 1C.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BlazingEtem said:

For once, we might actually have a top line.

Only person happier than Perry, himself, being back is probably Getzlaf. I've been critical of him during this bad stretch, but he hasn't had proper 1st linemates for most of the season because of Rakell and Perry's injuries.

 Sprong-Getzlaf-Aberg/Shore-Getzlaf-Sprong were probably the weakest 1st lines we have ever iced since Getzlaf took over 1C.

Hagelin-Getzlaf-Stewart circa Fall 2015 might have something to say about this.

Edited by dtsdlaw
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, dtsdlaw said:

Hagelin-Getzlaf-Stewart circa Fall 2015 might have something to say about this.

Damn dude! Flying in hot! Still. I give the nod towards BE's line.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/1/2019 at 0:23 PM, duck123 said:

It's all about momentum.  If the Ducks are inspired with the return of Perry, Eaves, and Silferberg, and win tomorrows game--and then can defeat Toronto with a follow-up win, I can see them doing well this road trip. And I think they will play inspired tomorrow night, and get the win. We shall see.  GO DUCKS!

Not seeing much of a future in sports prognostications in your immediate future.
:D

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hold up. I know we all aren't forgetting the greatest worst Getzlaf line of all time here. 

It was a cold, miserable night in December 2014. The Ducks, a team completely ravaged by bizarre illnesses and injuries but still capable of putting forth an effort every night and walking away with entertaining wins (funny how that works), were closing out a long Canadian road trip before the Christmas break. They made the depressing journey into Ottawa icing a top line of DSP-Getzlaf-Bork, a line that's more than worthy of the crown. What we got for a brief moment that night was so much worse. DSP was a late scratch. Who took his place you might ask? The corpse of Dany f*cking Heatley of course.  

It was my first ever Ducks game. I knew I was in for a trip when Boudreau had Bryzgalov out there for the warmup. Still, I wasn't ready at all. Silfverberg eventually replaced Bork but the damage to my brain was done. I'm just glad I got to witness it live. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, PetrSykora said:

Hold up. I know we all aren't forgetting the greatest worst Getzlaf line of all time here. 

It was a cold, miserable night in December 2014. The Ducks, a team completely ravaged by bizarre illnesses and injuries but still capable of putting forth an effort every night and walking away with entertaining wins (funny how that works), were closing out a long Canadian road trip before the Christmas break. They made the depressing journey into Ottawa icing a top line of DSP-Getzlaf-Bork, a line that's more than worthy of the crown. What we got for a brief moment that night was so much worse. DSP was a late scratch. Who took his place you might ask? The corpse of Dany f*cking Heatley of course.  

It was my first ever Ducks game. I knew I was in for a trip when Boudreau had Bryzgalov out there for the warmup. Still, I wasn't ready at all. Silfverberg eventually replaced Bork but the damage to my brain was done. I'm just glad I got to witness it live. 

I try to forget he was ever in a Duck's jersey.Him and James Wiznewski.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Shadowduck said:

I try to forget he was ever in a Duck's jersey.Him and James Wiznewski.

When you speak of the Heatleys and Wisznewskis you make me ponder about this whole "we don't trade for players with an attitude like E.Kane" thing. Apparently, GMBM is ever fond of the odd rusted mercenary.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...