Jump to content
The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
hoxxey

NO Trouble on the horizon for RC...

Recommended Posts

I've wanted to start this for a while...

Let's just face the facts - there is NEVER going to be trouble on this horizon or any other horizon in the known universe for either RC or BM.

Even after the Jets game.

So let's take another path.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have you posted anything in the past three months without bringing up Carlyle?

Not trying to be an ass. It's nothing more than simple curiosity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, poum said:

Have you posted anything in the past three months without bringing up Carlyle?

Not trying to be an ass. It's nothing more than simple curiosity.

Not taking sides, but clearly Hoxxey is frustrated with the team right now, and rightfully so. It seems pretty apparent that there is an issue that transcends player talent or lack thereof. I mean does anyone who follows this team think that Getzlaf, Rackell, Silverberg, most of the D corps have suddenly all lost the ability to play hockey at the same time? Most teams would have fired the coach after a ten game losing streak. The Ducks have only won two games in the last 49 days.(39 minus the All Star break).  I think at this point it is reasonable for fans to be frustrated with Bob Murray's blind loyalty to Carlyle. These last six weeks have been some of the worst hockey played by the Ducks since their inception.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Shadowduck said:

Not taking sides, but clearly Hoxxey is frustrated with the team right now, and rightfully so. It seems pretty apparent that there is an issue that transcends player talent or lack thereof. I mean does anyone who follows this team think that Getzlaf, Rackell, Silverberg, most of the D corps have suddenly all lost the ability to play hockey at the same time? Most teams would have fired the coach after a ten game losing streak. The Ducks have only won two games in the last 49 days.(39 minus the All Star break).  I think at this point it is reasonable for fans to be frustrated with Bob Murray's blind loyalty to Carlyle. These last six weeks have been some of the worst hockey played by the Ducks since their inception.

Don't get me wrong. If you're a Duck fan, you want Carlye canned.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I watched the game on the Ducks feed so I can't confirm but apparently the Sportsnet guy between the benches said that Getzlaf and some of the other guys were yelling at Carlyle to pull Gibson after the 4th or 5th goal. Did anyone catch this? I've only seen a few comments about it on twitter but the team is so dysfunctional it sounds legit enough to believe. Purposely leaving your star goalie who has worked his ass off all year to carry your incompetent team and staff in to suffer through a period like that should be the final straw. Of course you could probably build a house out of all the "final" straws that should've gotten Carlyle fired by now. 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, hoxxey said:

I've wanted to start this for a while...

Let's just face the facts - there is NEVER going to be trouble on this horizon or any other horizon in the known universe for either RC or BM.

Even after the Jets game.

So let's take another path.

Another Path for the Ducks is to salvage this season....Do not tank..I HATE THAT and others do...Rather they give it their all then just give up. Stubborness is messing up the Ducks Chemistry.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, poum said:

Have you posted anything in the past three months without bringing up Carlyle?

Not trying to be an ass. It's nothing more than simple curiosity.

Actually I have posted my comments regarding the complete lack of defense for Andrew Cogliano during his suspension and directed them toward ownership hoping they might take the thoughts of fans and supporters of the team into account.  Clearly they didn't.  Clearly, that is happening again.

Any other team in any other sport would have fired the coaching staff - ages ago and avoided this crappy situation.  But here we are.

I'm a ducks fan and a hockey fan and there are supposed to be rules. (am I the only one that gives a "hoot" about the rules" Walter Sobchak)

Go ducks players.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PetrSykora said:

I watched the game on the Ducks feed so I can't confirm but apparently the Sportsnet guy between the benches said that Getzlaf and some of the other guys were yelling at Carlyle to pull Gibson after the 4th or 5th goal. Did anyone catch this? I've only seen a few comments about it on twitter but the team is so dysfunctional it sounds legit enough to believe. Purposely leaving your star goalie who has worked his ass off all year to carry your incompetent team and staff in to suffer through a period like that should be the final straw. Of course you could probably build a house out of all the "final" straws that should've gotten Carlyle fired by now. 

I didn’t notice that, but Gibby did skate over to the bench at one point then returned to the net. I felt he was asking to be pulled. I believe it was after the next goal that he finally was. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PetrSykora said:

I watched the game on the Ducks feed so I can't confirm but apparently the Sportsnet guy between the benches said that Getzlaf and some of the other guys were yelling at Carlyle to pull Gibson after the 4th or 5th goal. Did anyone catch this? I've only seen a few comments about it on twitter but the team is so dysfunctional it sounds legit enough to believe. Purposely leaving your star goalie who has worked his ass off all year to carry your incompetent team and staff in to suffer through a period like that should be the final straw. Of course you could probably build a house out of all the "final" straws that should've gotten Carlyle fired by now. 

If Getzlaf had to yell at Carlyle to pull Gibson at that point then I’m speechless because you can’t cuss on these boards. Bob Murray is garbage and deserves the wrath and calls to be fired far more than Carlyle. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

If Getzlaf had to yell at Carlyle to pull Gibson at that point then I’m speechless because you can’t cuss on these boards. Bob Murray is garbage and deserves the wrath and calls to be fired far more than Carlyle. 

He won't be fired because his good friend and boss, Michael Schulman, is just another incompetent hockey executive. We stuck with 3 close friends, MS, BM, RC, for the foreseen future, while teams owner is busy dealing with Broadcom issues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Shadowduck said:

Not taking sides, but clearly Hoxxey is frustrated with the team right now, and rightfully so. It seems pretty apparent that there is an issue that transcends player talent or lack thereof. I mean does anyone who follows this team think that Getzlaf, Rackell, Silverberg, most of the D corps have suddenly all lost the ability to play hockey at the same time? Most teams would have fired the coach after a ten game losing streak. The Ducks have only won two games in the last 49 days.(39 minus the All Star break).  I think at this point it is reasonable for fans to be frustrated with Bob Murray's blind loyalty to Carlyle. These last six weeks have been some of the worst hockey played by the Ducks since their inception.

Straight up, he was a great coach for that grinding style years ago, our veterans CAN’T maintain that pace and our rookies are on fire..I’d love to see a change behind the bench. I love 80’s hair bands but kids don’t react to that anymore. Let’s hope the ducks find the next great, undiscovered, NHL coach out of the minors.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well....again!

Mickey Mouse Organization at it's best under direct watch of Samueli's.    I think Gibson is mentally broken. But... I hope I am wrong!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, duxter said:

Well....again!

Mickey Mouse Organization at it's best under direct watch of Samueli's.    I think Gibson is mentally broken. But... I hope I am wrong!

He looked pale when the camera was on him.  He could barely move! It was hard to watch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, poum said:

Don't get me wrong. If you're a Duck fan, you want Carlye canned.

If your a hockey fan, you want Carlyle out of the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, g20topdogg said:

Would actually be very interesting if he gets fired after the Toronto game. Former coach there.... I wonder.... 

Carlyle has far more history in Winnipeg. Some nine or so seasons as a player. His first coaching stint with the same team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, FanSince1993 said:

He won't be fired because his good friend and boss, Michael Schulman, is just another incompetent hockey executive. We stuck with 3 close friends, MS, BM, RC, for the foreseen future, while teams owner is busy dealing with Broadcom issues.

So, perfect.....we are going to be run loke the freaking Oilers.

owners and management blinded by the past success of a bunch of idiots.

maybe we don’t really have that many injuries.  Maybe the guys just don’t want to play in this comedy (I’d say Mickey Mouse but it’s been taken) show

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shoulda taken Travis Green after BB. RC was good for one broken curse: the playoff game sevens which Bruce just could not overcome. After that one, RC became useless.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Randy's last game as Leafs' coach saw him lose 5-1 to the Jets.

Hmm 9-3 isn't enough for the Ducks. So full steam ahead for that draft lottery pick.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mulcher said:

Randy's last game as Leafs' coach saw him lose 5-1 to the Jets.

Hmm 9-3 isn't enough for the Ducks. So full steam ahead for that draft lottery pick.

Toronta is more sensitive, too.

However, we've been suffering this for so long now, I feel like we are the US-Toronto nowadays until RC gets axed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He has a built in excuse “ injuries” if the team didn’t lead the league in man games lost they would be leading the entire nhl in points according to BM. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jiggy2win said:

He has a built in excuse “ injuries” if the team didn’t lead the league in man games lost they would be leading the entire nhl in points according to BM. 

We had everybody except Kesler & Kase last game, and still managed to give up 9 goals, so the injury excuse is starting to wear thin.  Tonight the only player missing, other than Miller, will be Kase.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, HockeyIzCool said:

We had everybody except Kesler & Kase last game, and still managed to give up 9 goals, so the injury excuse is starting to wear thin.  Tonight the only player missing, other than Miller, will be Kase.

Tell it to SCHULMAN !!!!!  Perhaps he might be watching the game tonight :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

RC after Toronto game:

"We're in a situation here where we are clawing and we are desperate," Ducks coach Randy Carlyle said. "There's no reward for any work we are putting in right now. That's the tough part of pro sports. I think we expect more from our group and I can tell you right now they expect more from themselves.”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ducks coach Randy Carlyle would admit Monday he was concerned about Gibson’s workload, but wouldn’t name a starter for Tuesday’s game. 

Johnson could start against the Canadiens, but Ryan Miller also is on the trip and could play for the first time since suffering a sprained knee ligament in the Ducks’ victory Dec. 9 over the New Jersey Devils at Honda Center. Gibson has given up 16 goals on 80 shots in his past three starts.

There are some signs of fatigue, for sure,” Carlyle said.

After a credible first period, the Ducks surrendered goals to John Tavares and Johnsson in the second. Then came the turning point in the game, as far as Carlyle was concerned. There was a big hit, a big save and then a big lapse in composure that ended up costing the Ducks in the final second.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unless an "interim" coach is willing to come aboard for 30 games Carlyle is going nowhere. Eakins will be the coach next year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, dukitup said:

Unless an "interim" coach is willing to come aboard for 30 games Carlyle is going nowhere. Eakins will be the coach next year. 

This is why I think giving one of the assistants the position. It's doomed anyway whoever would take it and we're planning to hopefully get rid of them all at the end of the season anyway. Can't be worse than this. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...