The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
Sign in to follow this  
FanSince1993

Lack of Communication with the Fans

Not sure if you understood my post.  The post was related to the beat writer being blamed for the Ducks poor communication with the fan base.  The get what you pay for comment was in concert with a paid sports report (The Athletic) versus a free one.  Also, I pointed out the 2019-2020 SSH price increase which I consider ridiculous from what I expect the on ice product during the next couple of seasons. I’ve had season tickets for over twenty years.. This bunch has less hope than any group I remember.. At worst, the SSH price should have stayed the same.. 

2 hours ago, fatgoalie-ad1 said:

Think Ducks fans have gotten what we have paid for this season ?

Its a terrible value vs cost, and the communication is dreadful, to stick with this topic.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

Nope. There is going to be much more optimism going into next season unlike this one. New coach, a top pick, a shakeup trade and the potential of Steel, Terry, Jones and Mahura being regulars will give us something to be excited about.  

So long as there is a new coach and some major changes in the front office, that's possible. The concern is that, if this road trip doesn't inspire ownership to make changes, what possibly could?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thom-74 said:

The concern is that, if this road trip doesn't inspire ownership to make changes, what possibly could?

Even though there is no clear explanation from GM BM, I think the plan is to keep Carlyle until the end of the season to get a top 3 pick. You can tell by the way the team plays that they know the season is over. It feels like Dallas Eakins is the best choice to take over and while it may not be exciting to some, it does make a lot of sense. He's done really well with San Diego and is familiar with a lot of the young players who will be the future of this franchise and since we will be entering full rebuild mode, it would be the most seamless transition, so to speak. Exactly to your point, if we wanted to save our season, Carlyle would have been gone already. I believe (maybe too naively) that BM has a plan but it's just extremely frustrating and flat out disrespectful to keep the fans in the dark while the team plays like ****.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, TheHip_95 said:

Even though there is no clear explanation from GM BM, I think the plan is to keep Carlyle until the end of the season to get a top 3 pick. 

Well there ya go. I still think him appointing himself as interim HC is a statement that we aren't going to go all out and salvage our season. I know we are technically still in the playoff hunt, but the fact that we've last 18 of our last 20 and can still make the playoffs is a testament to how bad the west is. Not appointing Eakins yet is the right move because there is no point in interrupting what he's doing down there. 

• Like 3

So with GMBM now the interim coach, he’s now required to do the postgame media scrum too, right? 

I hope someone other than Helene has the guts to start asking tough questions. (Looking at you, Frechy and Iceman!)

Edited by dtsdlaw
  • Like 2

Maybe Murray will discover the root problems of this player group.  I’d consider moving a top four defensemen for some scoring talent.  I’d also bury Gibson on the IR for as long as I could.   

19 hours ago, Fowl said:

Not sure if you understood my post.  The post was related to the beat writer being blamed for the Ducks poor communication with the fan base.  The get what you pay for comment was in concert with a paid sports report (The Athletic) versus a free one.  Also, I pointed out the 2019-2020 SSH price increase which I consider ridiculous from what I expect the on ice product during the next couple of seasons. I’ve had season tickets for over twenty years.. This bunch has less hope than any group I remember.. At worst, the SSH price should have stayed the same.. 

Fowl,

sorry if I took it wrong.  I took it as fork over some money if you want some coverage, when it seems many top teams, and I feel we have been one until this season, have reporters asking questions, and giving us some insight on the team.  It’s easier to get real info out of our government than the Ducks right now, and I feel like our lack of reporting compared to some is lacking.

so, sorry if it sounds like I jumped at you wrongly,  I mostly feel like the organization has us overpaying for a garbage product 

6 minutes ago, fatgoalie-ad1 said:

I mostly feel like the organization has us overpaying for a garbage product 

No offense taken.  And this comment is spot on.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FanSince1993 said:

I am so glad I pinitiated this thread a few days ago. Finally "the Samueli's have spoken". I wonder if someone referred them to this website :)

Im sure they have never heard of anaheimducks.com

• Like 1

It's a money thing.  They were probably getting over run with calls of season ticket cancellations and a general sense of unrest.  It's always because of money.  They are selling a product that has been sub standard for a while with no attempt at fixing it.  It's the bottom line.  It's a business.  Simple.

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, hoxxey said:

It's a money thing.  They were probably getting over run with calls of season ticket cancellations and a general sense of unrest.  It's always because of money.  They are selling a product that has been sub standard for a while with no attempt at fixing it.  It's the bottom line.  It's a business.  Simple.

Yep. now that they axed RC i have my credit card out...they just need to can BM for me to give them the numbers.

Edited by ducks07
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, ducks07 said:

Yep. now that they axed RC i have my credit card out...they just need to can BM for me to give them the numbers.

Ha Ha!!!!

1 hour ago, ducks07 said:

Should be some good new seats available.

1 hour ago, hoxxey said:

Spot on.

7 hours ago, RobD360 said:

Wouldn’t we all be shocked if Getz gets traded? 

Not as shocked as the owners would be when they found out a giant chunk of their season ticket holders chose not to renew for 19-20.  Not to mention he has a family here, and a NTC.  He's not like the Captain that was recently honored, in that he wants to play here and lead this team.  Chances are Slim & None, and Slim has left the building.

Communication should be needed back in Jan. When the Ducks were imploding and Rift starting to appear it. For Owners to fix lines of contact they need to 1.Be up front with the Ducks Fans and not be Blind by ignorance 2.Free Ticket prices or maybe decrease them......Just throwing that out there But you all don't care what this crazy Canadian says...

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

I’m looking forward to talking to my ticket rep about not renewing.  He’s a pretty good guy, but I plan to give him a very long list of reasons that I’m keeping my checkbook away from another Ducks SSH renewal. 

Edited by Fowl
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Fowl said:

I’m looking forward to talking to my ticket rep about not renewing.  He’s a pretty good guy, but I plan to give him a very long list of reasons that I’m keeping my checkbook away from another Ducks SSH renewal. 

Just ask them to put Murray on the phone and explain WTH his plan is moving forward lol

• Like 1