The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
duck123

#1 Draft Pick!

9 hours ago, nieder said:

Yep. I also think he waited far too long to move a defenseman for more scoring help. He held on far too long, then finally moved Vats last year for Henrique when our window had already closed. He needed to make that kind of move in 2015.

One of my critiques on him is that he can be slow to react

• Like 1

Good game tonight. We retain tied for 5th best ...er..... worst. Race to the bottom is progressing. We have lots of teams who are battling the Ducks play tomorrow so hope they win. Eyes on the prize boys, eyes on the prize! 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, RobD360 said:

Good game tonight. We retain tied for 5th best ...er..... worst. Race to the bottom is progressing. We have lots of teams who are battling the Ducks play tomorrow so hope they win. Eyes on the prize boys, eyes on the prize! 

We are 4th worst.  There is never a tie in the NHL standings.  Det has more ROW

• Like 1

This team is bad. Their goal differential is the worst in the league by a mile. There is no sense in being buyers at deadline. 

After seeing Brian Boyle going for a 2nd round pick, I think that means Silfverberg is worth at least a 1st, maybe plus. There is no reason that BM should be discussing contract extensions with him, as rumored earlier.

• Like 1

Ducks will Draft number 1....Utter BS Nonsense that is no more then Mere Fantasy.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

6 hours ago, BlazingEtem said:

This team is bad. Their goal differential is the worst in the league by a mile. There is no sense in being buyers at deadline. 

After seeing Brian Boyle going for a 2nd round pick, I think that means Silfverberg is worth at least a 1st, maybe plus. There is no reason that BM should be discussing contract extensions with him, as rumored earlier.

Not a rumor. BM said himself that he is working on signing Silfverberg. The only rumor is that they’re close and money isn’t the issue, term is. 

11 hours ago, RobD360 said:

The next stretch of 5 games is only going to enhance our chances.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, WolfgangDuck said:

The next stretch of 5 games is only going to enhance our chances.

Opportunities for this team to start to live up ((down)) to its expectations lol

Bottom five is good, bottom 4 is enough to make the lottery ball bounce the Ducks' way.

I'd trade anyone over 26 who can get a solid return.  A high-end two way forward like Silvferberg should be valuable to teams aspiring to raise the Cup this year I would think.  If there's an offer for Fowler, take it. He will get out of the slump, but not playing with this team and system.

Btw, speaking of Fowler (and let's mention Bobby Ryan), are we playing the Flames late this season? And if so, is it time to return some knee checks... afterall, they're currently looking as promising in the playoffs as the Ducks were when Giordano made those hits on Fowler and Ryan. Just sayin.

• Like 1

On 16/02/2019 at 6:53 AM, RobD360 said:

With the Sens getting the win in Winnipeg the race to the bottom received a boost last night lol.

• Like 2

Some good tank results today. Unfortunately the Kings tied Boston late but then gave up a quick goal. They almost got at least 1 point. There’s so many teams with bad records close together the Ducks need to keep on tanking to keep their position. 

1 hour ago, FanSince1993 said:

I expect Ducks to land No. 5 or No. 6 overall pick. Any significant prospects within this range?

I'm not a prospect expert, but from what I have read, there are some decent ones.  Corey Pronman has Cozens (C), Dach (C), Podkolzin (RW), and Zegras (C) all ranked as elite prospects from spots 3 - 6.  Cozens and Dach can probably both stay at center in the NHL, so those would be great selections for the Ducks.  Zegras is probably too small and will move to wing.

None of those guys has the combination of skill and speed that Hughes does, or the tremendous skill that Kakko has, but they should be solid players.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FanSince1993 said:

I expect Ducks to land No. 5 or No. 6 overall pick. Any significant prospects within this range?

Even if the Ducks are in that position at the end of the season, the Ducks still have 3 chances at a top 3 pick. If any teams below us leapfrog over us then we drop a position. So in other words, if we finish 5th or 6th we could end up 1-3, 5/6 or 6/7-8/9. I don't think there will be any "bad" prospects in that range. It just depends on what the Ducks feel like is the BPA.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gorbachav5 said:

I'm not a prospect expert, but from what I have read, there are some decent ones.  Corey Pronman has Cozens (C), Dach (C), Podkolzin (RW), and Zegras (C) all ranked as elite prospects from spots 3 - 6.  Cozens and Dach can probably both stay at center in the NHL, so those would be great selections for the Ducks.  Zegras is probably too small and will move to wing.

None of those guys has the combination of skill and speed that Hughes does, or the tremendous skill that Kakko has, but they should be solid players.

Yup. That’s what I was reading on the centers this year as well since that is what the Ducks need right in my PAO (Professional “Amateur” Opinion) -LOL  in order to begin grooming him to start to take the reins from Getz. 

3 hours ago, RobD360 said:

Yup. That’s what I was reading on the centers this year as well since that is what the Ducks need right in my PAO (Professional “Amateur” Opinion) -LOL  in order to begin grooming him to start to take the reins from Getz. 

That's good, I like that. That's pretty much all I am too. I would pick Dach over Couzens though. Some other notables are Suzuki (C), Newhook (C),  Lavoie (C), Krebs (C/LW) and Kaliyev (LW). I always thought that we need another big C like Getz but maybe in the new NHL, speed and skill are the way to go.

1 hour ago, perry_mvp said:

That's good, I like that. That's pretty much all I am too. I would pick Dach over Couzens though. Some other notables are Suzuki (C), Newhook (C),  Lavoie (C), Krebs (C/LW) and Kaliyev (LW). I always thought that we need another big C like Getz but maybe in the new NHL, speed and skill are the way to go.

If you look at Winnipeg, you still need some size in your lineup. I think the new NHL is about not being one dimensional. Small, fast teams and big, physical teams have difficulty against certain opponents. The best teams have a little bit of both. I wouldn't avoid the best player available because he's 180 or because he's 220.

• Like 2

On 2/17/2019 at 11:28 AM, FanSince1993 said:

Lavoie,Dach,Broberg and NewHook.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

Well, with the 2-1 loss last night, the Ducks currently have the 5th worst record in the NHL.  Funny position to be in.  It's almost like a win-win scenario.  If we somehow put a bunch of wins together, we can make the playoffs.  That would be a win.  But we've lost the last 2 games, with a score of 2-1.  And if we finish the season in the bottom 4, we get to be in the lotto for one of the top 2 picks.  We are 1 away from the lotto.  At this point, I have to think our GM/Coach is likely looing on to the draft, although I'm sure he would love to make the playoffs--as would any competitive person. Yes, we have played much better since our GM has taken over as the temporary coach. But we could use some more offense.  And our GM likely is now focused on hoping to get a top 2 pick, unless we can somehow sneak into the playoffs. Having an elite prospect like Kaapo Kakko would be pretty amazing. Will we even get a chance at picking in the top 2?  Not sure. But definitely a good time to be a Ducks fan. Let's Go Ducks!  

Edited by duck123

I think it's pretty safe to say ottawa's going for the last spot now that they've let Duchene and Dzingel go. Stone will follow probably. So Colorado is in. I have little doubt the kings are playing with a bottom place in mind so I count them in. Same for detroit. They'll probably sell some players and go full tank. I think it's gonna be difficult for us to end in the bottom 4. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, DucksFan_08 said:

I think it's pretty safe to say ottawa's going for the last spot now that they've let Duchene and Dzingel go. Stone will follow probably. So Colorado is in. I have little doubt the kings are playing with a bottom place in mind so I count them in. Same for detroit. They'll probably sell some players and go full tank. I think it's gonna be difficult for us to end in the bottom 4. 

I'm ok with Ottawa getting the number one overall pick. Many think Jack Hughes is the consensus pick for the first overall pick, and Ottawa would likely choose him. I think Kaapo Kakko might end up being the better player, and so maybe not picking first would work out well.  The thing with Colorado is that they currently have a playoff spot, and have 8 more points than the Ducks. Each of our teams has 20 games left, and we play Colorado twice in those 20 games. As for the Kings, we play them 2 more times.  And Detroit only has 2 fewer points than us. Look, I do not like losing. But I can definitely see The Ducks getting a top 4 pick based on the remaining schedule.  And once we are a top 4 pick, who knows what will happen. Maybe we get to pick at least second overall. Of if we pick 4th, maybe Kakko is somehow still available. I truly believe Kakko has the potential to be as good as Patrik Laine. Will he reach that potential, in a Ducks sweater? We shall see.  GO DUCKS!

2 hours ago, duck123 said:

I'm ok with Ottawa getting the number one overall pick. Many think Jack Hughes is the consensus pick for the first overall pick, and Ottawa would likely choose him. I think Kaapo Kakko might end up being the better player, and so maybe not picking first would work out well.  The thing with Colorado is that they currently have a playoff spot, and have 8 more points than the Ducks. Each of our teams has 20 games left, and we play Colorado twice in those 20 games. As for the Kings, we play them 2 more times.  And Detroit only has 2 fewer points than us. Look, I do not like losing. But I can definitely see The Ducks getting a top 4 pick based on the remaining schedule.  And once we are a top 4 pick, who knows what will happen. Maybe we get to pick at least second overall. Of if we pick 4th, maybe Kakko is somehow still available. I truly believe Kakko has the potential to be as good as Patrik Laine. Will he reach that potential, in a Ducks sweater? We shall see.  GO DUCKS!

Colorado owns Ottawa's #1.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ducks07 said:

Colorado owns Ottawa's #1.

Oh, interesting.  I'm guessing Colorado would also pick Jack Hughes if they get the number one draft pick.  Senators must be a little disappointed not having that pick any more.  Hughes is a pretty similar player, in skill and speed, to what Joe Sakic used to be--and Sakic is their general manager.  I believe he would choose Hughes over Kakko.  And I would hope Kakko would still be available for us to draft.  I think he has the potential to be a top 5 forward in the NHL, especially in a few years when players like Crosby and Ovechkin start possibly thinking about retirement.  (Btw, I think Ovechkin will keep playing until he beats Gretzky's goal-scoring record.) 

Edited by duck123

Up to Bob does he want a futile run at the playoffs or go for the pick.If he tries the playoff route and blows it he could find himself blown out of town .Safer for him to go for the pick.

Bob holds all the cards he can sit players make a trade for picks and take the easier tank route or take a big risk on the playoffs.

• Like 2

Talk of Ducks/Buffalo talking trade involving Brandon Montour...Courtesy of Elliote Friedman,The Fourth Period and few others.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

The Ducks have acquired defenseman Brendan Guhle and a first-round selection in the 2019 NHL Draft from the Buffalo Sabres in exchange for defenseman Brandon Montour. :wub:

Montour blew is last game...dont let the door hit you in the buttocks :lol:

On 2/9/2019 at 4:08 PM, BombaysTripleDeke said:

The Ducks need a Finn as the face of the franchise. He’d be Teemu 2.0!

Kakko is going to be nasty. He’s been great in the Finnish Liiga and isn’t even 18 yet. I think he’s the better prospect right now also and I’d take him first overall. Don’t get me wrong, I think that Hughes is going to be very good also but I think that he gets a bit more hype being an American prospect. My feeling is that Kakko is a better prospect than Laine and Hughes just a shade less than Matthews. 

Teemu 2.0 FTW!

• Like 2